CA CA - Mountain View, WhtFem 135UFCA, 55-60, in landfill, dentures, Mar'81

anthrobones

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/135ufca.htmlhttp://www.doenetwork.org/cases/135ufca.html

Unidentified White Female
  • Located on March 2, 1981 in Mountain View, Santa Clara County, California
  • Estimated date of death is 2 weeks before discovery.
  • Only skull located

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 55 - 60 years old
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Grayish hair up to 6" long.
  • Dentals: Lower jaw 21, 22 and 31. Full upper denture, partial lower plate, relatively new, of injected acrylic and plastic teeth. All natural teeth had fillings.

Case History
The victim's skull was found on March 2, 1981 in landfill dump area of Mountain View Shoreline Park in Mountain View, CA.

Unidentified White Female
Located on March 2, 1981 in Mountain View, Santa Clara County, California
Estimated date of death is 2 weeks before discovery.
Only skull located

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 55 - 60 years old
Distinguishing Characteristics: Grayish hair up to 6" long.
Dentals: Lower jaw 21, 22 and 31. Full upper denture, partial lower plate, relatively new, of injected acrylic and plastic teeth. All natural teeth had fillings.

Case History

The victim's skull was found on March 2, 1981 in landfill dump area of Mountain View Shoreline Park in Mountain View, CA.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Mountain View Police Department 650-903-6344
Or
Santa Clara County Medical Examiner's Office 408-793-1900

NCIC Number: U-763681702

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information: ID Wanted Organization

Source:
The Doe Network: Case File 135UFCA

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/135ufca.html

Bumping case up. With the dental information available, this case seems solvable - at least as far as victim identification is concerned.

Case File 977DFCA

Gebhard, circa 1981

Mae W. Gebhard
Missing since February 24, 1981 from San Francisco, California
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: May 15, 1915
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 65 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 104 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Gray hair; brown eyes.
* Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Gebhard was last seen in San Francisco, California on February 24, 1981.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

San Francisco Police Department
415-553-0123

Agency Case Number: 81-1232234

NCIC Number: M-648424683
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
California Department of Justice

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/977dfca.html

Certainly a possibility. Strange neither were in Namus. It would be nice to know if there is a rule out list.

Maz

:cow:

Possible Match?

Case File 977DFCA
Mae W. Gebhard
Missing since February 24, 1981 from San Francisco, California
Classification: Missing...

Circumstances of Disappearance
Gebhard was last seen in San Francisco, California on February 24, 1981....
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/977dfca.html

It certainly is a possibility. You should call it in to both San Francisco and Santa Clara County authorities listed in the case files.

San Francisco is only about an hour drive from Mountain View, California. The ages are close and both had gray hair. I see that dental information is available on Ms. Gebhard. Too bad that there isn't more information about her and how she went missing.

Note that there was only a week between the disappearance of Ms. Gebhard and the finding of the skull (with gray hair attatched) at a land fill.

It certainly is a possibility. You should call it in to both San Francisco and Santa Clara County authorities listed in the case files.

San Francisco is only about an hour drive from Mountain View, California. The ages are close and both had gray hair. I see that dental information is available on Ms. Gebhard. Too bad that there isn't more information about her and how she went missing.

Note that there was only a week between the disappearance of Ms. Gebhard and the finding of the skull (with gray hair attatched) at a land fill.

I also noted that there is only a week between the disappearance and the finding of the skull and I'm not sure what to make of it. Imagine, Ms. Gebhard was killed shortly after her disappearance, maybe on the same day (February 24) and her body dumped at the land fill, could it indeed be possible that her body decomposed so fast that after a week only skeletal remains are left? :waitasec:
I guess that it takes longer than a week and also depends on the temperatures. It was February/March. I don't know what the temperatures are at that time of the year in California.

I also noted that there is only a week between the disappearance and the finding of the skull and I'm not sure what to make of it. Imagine, Ms. Gebhard was killed shortly after her disappearance, maybe on the same day (February 24) and her body dumped at the land fill, could it indeed be possible that her body decomposed so fast that after a week only skeletal remains are left? :waitasec:
I guess that it takes longer than a week and also depends on the temperatures. It was February/March. I don't know what the temperatures are at that time of the year in California.

There are a lot of variables to consider. I don't think that the remains were only skeletal. The term "skull" could mean only a severed head. Hair was attatched, and dentures were intact.

You are correct to state that the weather would have played a part in decomposition. But there could be other rfactors as well, such as it may have been exposed or encased in something. It could have been kept under refrigeration, or it could have been covered with some sort of chemical, etc.

Also, I have seen where some of these estimates have been way off. Even age extimates can be years off. Sometimes there are typographical errors that get introduced as well when these case summaries are written up.

I wonder if a comparison between the two cases has ever been done.

Okay, so maybe this really could be a match...
I looked at PorchlightUSA, but didn't find a rule out list.

To be honest, I don't feel confident enough to call that possible match in because English is not my native language. So, any volunteers?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/135ufca.html
135UFCA.jpg

She's not in Namus.

There's another thread about this UID here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48407 where "Lady Stardust" mentions a possible match of Mae Gebhard. I would be surprised if these two weren't already compared based on the close proximity of date and location, but stranger things have happened. I couldn't find an email address for Santa Clara County Medical Examiner or Mountain View PD and I'm really not comfortable calling, would anyone with more cojones be willing to call about it?

New UID case added to NamUs yesterday.

Original
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

A severed head was located in the Shoreline landfill garbage dumping area on March 2, 1981. Trash in area appeared to be from San Francisco area, Santa Clara County Medical Examiner Coroner's Office Jane Doe #242

Last edited:
Case Numbers
ME/C Case Number C81-537

Demographics
Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 70
Estimated Age Range (Years): 55-70
Estimated Year of Death: 1981
Estimated PMI--
Height: Cannot Estimate
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: March 2, 1981
NamUs Case Created: February 4, 2021
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
County: Santa Clara County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Found On Tribal Land: No
Circumstances of Recovery: Severed head was located in the Shoreline landfill garbage dumping area, trash in area appeared to be from San Francisco area, Santa Clara County Medical Examiner Coroner's Office Jane Doe #242

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains --
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Physical Description
Hair Color: Gray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description: medium length
Left Eye Color: Unknown
Right Eye Color: Unknown

Original

This bulletin gives some important identifiers for this Jane Doe.

Her hair was grayish and up to 6'' long. Full upper denture, partial lower plate which was relatively new. Injected acrylic and plastic teeth. All her natural teeth have fillings.

She was found on March 2, 1981; M.E indicates death was 2 weeks earlier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68
Back