GUILTY TX - Sarah Walker, 40, stabbed to death in McKinney model home, 8 July 2006

cathieq

Reaction score
McKINNEY -- Police today continued to investigate why and how someone beat and fatally stabbed a 40-year-old house saleswoman in a McKinney model home...Sarah Anne Walker was stabbed more than 25 times over her upper body...

0710walker.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/kchqe

Women who are at these homes seem so vulnerable, anybody can come walking in and attack them. Very sad.

Old Broad

This isn't the first time I've heard of a female Realtor being attacked while showing a house. It seems like the perfect setup for a rapist. :eek:

http://www.dallasnews.com

http://www.nbc5i.com/index.html video and pictures at link

Police search for clues in saleswoman's slaying
McKinney: 40-year-old stabbed multiple times in community's model home

12:00 AM CDT on Monday, July 10, 2006

By BRANDON FORMBY / The Dallas Morning News

As police investigated why and how someone beat and fatally stabbed a 40-year-old house saleswoman in a McKinney model home, her former husband was dealing with another question:

How do you tell a 4-year-old boy his mother is dead?

"I've been trying to contact a grief counselor," Randy Tate said Sunday, the day after Sarah Anne Walker's death. "I don't even know how to do it. That's the hardest part."

Mr. Tate had picked up the couple's son, Josh, from Ms. Walker's Frisco home Saturday morning before she headed to work as a D.R. Horton sales representative at a model home in The Hemingway at Craig Ranch community of town homes in McKinney.

By 1:30 p.m., a couple visiting the show home in the 5700 block of Conch Train Road found Ms. Walker's fully clothed body face down in the kitchen. McKinney police think she had been killed around noon.

Capt. Randy Roland said Ms. Walker was stabbed 27 times all over her upper body. Many of her wounds were defensive, meaning she put up a fight, Capt. Roland said.

"There was a pretty brutal crime scene in the bottom part of the model home," he said. "There was a struggle throughout the downstairs."

Capt. Roland said it was only the second slaying this year in the Collin County city of more than 100,000 people.

Sunday morning, crime scene tape and squad cars surrounded the home in a still-developing neighborhood that sits near a sprawling field and overlooks a sea of rooftops.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. SEE LINK FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE PLEASE

Early in my career, I spent my time down on the tracts selling homes and this was always one of my biggest fears. It doesn't take long for someone to know your pattern.
I know a couple posters on here do this kind of work..so to them..BE CAREFUL!

but 27 stab wounds? Sounds like passion and someone that knew her.

This case really bothers me and I don't know why. The police say they have no leads, friends say she had no enemy's but to be stabbed that many times and nothing was taken including her very nice car which I saw being towed off on the news.

I hope they find who did this to her and fast - this is too close to home and disturbs me.

One story I read said she just got divorced in November, I wonder if she had been dating since then???

So sad!!!

I am in new home sales and that is why this has really hit me. This was emailed out to all of our female associates. Sometimes we don't get out of our models until dark... it can be scary. I refuse to show a home after dark!

Indallas, I was also wondering if she was dating anyone. I think this was someone that knew her, and planned. To be stabbed 27 time! Someone was very angry!

CrimeHater said:
I am in new home sales and that is why this has really hit me. This was emailed out to all of our female associates. Sometimes we don't get out of our models until dark... it can be scary. I refuse to show a home after dark!

Indallas, I was also wondering if she was dating anyone. I think this was someone that knew her, and planned. To be stabbed 27 time! Someone was very angry!
Be CAREFUL!!!

I agree, it sounds like someone was very angry at her and probably knew her, of course my first thought was the ex-husband but she dropped off her son with him before she went to work on Saturday..........I hope it doesn't turn out to be the ex-husband.

Another thought was that maybe a transient was sleeping in the house and she came upon them when she got there Saturday morning.

cathieq said:
Sarah’s family says developer D.R. Horton owes their sister tens of thousands of dollars, but they were told due to the fact Sarah is no longer an employee, due to her death, she will not be paid for her work.

Video at this link, too, with husband answering questions.
http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_192220250.html

The article must have been updated. Horton representative said all benefits will be paid to her beneficiary. I work with employees of D.R Horton now and then....good company. This is a terrible tragedy.

For all of us that work on site it is a fear that is ever present. During the week it is always active w/ contractors and such but Sundays are scary. That is the "home alone" day.

I hope they catch Sarah's killer soon.

CrimeHater said:

It is thought Sarah Anne Walker was killed around about noon. daylight is not a protection.

the following is a well known (in Britain) case regarding the disappearance of an estate agent:

Missing Estate agent: Suzy Lamplugh

The last clue to her whereabouts was an appointment to show a house in Shorrolds Road to someone she referred to as "Mr Kipper".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Lamplugh

'Mr Kipper' has never been found. the meeting was arranged for 12.45.

Suzy has never been found.

real estate is very dangerous, no matter what time of day.

The Suzy Lamplugh Trust is, sadly, celebrating it's 20th anniversary: Suzy has been missing for 20 years now. :(

The Suzy Lamplugh Trust is the only UK charity entirely devoted to providing everyone in society with the practical support and guidance they need to reduce their fear of crime and develop skills and strategies for keeping themselves safe.

http://www.suzylamplugh.org/home/index.shtml

I've never forgotten this case.

Last night on Greta, Dr. Baden said it will be interesting to see if the stab wounds were made before or after her death. He said if they were made post mortem it shows anger and she probably knew him. I guess killers that don't know the victim don't usually keep damaging the corpse.

Scandi

scandi said:
Last night on Greta, Dr. Baden said it will be interesting to see if the stab wounds were made before or after her death. He said if they were made post mortem it shows anger and she probably knew him. I guess killers that don't know the victim don't usually keep damaging the corpse.

Scandi
I heard that too and found it very interesting. In fact, I got more information from Greta's show then I have on our local news.

It's weird how much money she was owed. I guess it was a commission check? Is it possible someone from her work did this to her?

PrayersForMaura said:
It's weird how much money she was owed. I guess it was a commission check? Is it possible someone from her work did this to her?
Typically in new home sales, we pay our agents a monthly draw based on their total commission for the entire tract. As the houses close, the agents receive full commission on a house by house basis. I haven't read the everything, but I am assumning she had many houses in escrow,or sold,, just not closed.That is why the family says it is owed but the builder may feel differently.
Most builders have a clause as to what happens to the commission in the event the agent is not around for closings. All depends on how her contract reads.

concernedperson said:
The article must have been updated. Horton representative said all benefits will be paid to her beneficiary. I work with employees of D.R Horton now and then....good company. This is a terrible tragedy.

But it doesn't say she is getting her full commissions..it only says full benefits and final paycheck. That can defintiely mean different things. I do agree that DR Horton is an upstanding builder and I think they will do as much as they can.

ETA: In reading one article, the brother says she had sold the properties and was merely "babysitting" at this point.His way of saying she had earned the commission and it is owed her.
As the agents on this thread can tell you, selling is not the same as closing. The real work comes in maintaining the deal and bringing it to close. So, she was hardly babysitting, I am sure she was working very hard.
But with that being said, it really depends on where she was in the sales cycle. if the houses are days from close her estate is more entitled to the commissions than if the houses were not complete or not near closing.
This could be a battle. I would hope that Horton pays most in the spirit of good will, but they may or may not have to or want to. Again, depends on her contract provision in the event she did not bring them to close and where they are in the closing process.
I only mention all this as it is hinted that this may turn into an issue.

I heard Pat Brown, profiler, today on the tube, and she said 27 stabs can take place in minutes!

Evidently she put up a good fight, and when the host asked Dr Baden if residue under the fingernails would be the first plan to find out who the killer was, he said no, they should talk to everyone who knew her and find out what her appointments were.

You know Bean, I was thinking maybe she had worked with a buyer who thinks she did him or her wrongly, and could be so loco as to threaten her and if she didn't rectify the situation went ahead and killed her! I sold real estate for 16 years and saw a lot of things happen. Especially if there are bidding wars going on it can get rough out there!

Scandi

scandi said:
I heard Pat Brown, profiler, today on the tube, and she said 27 stabs can take place in minutes!

Evidently she put up a good fight, and when the host asked Dr Baden if residue under the fingernails would be the first plan to find out who the killer was, he said no, they should talk to everyone who knew her and find out what her appointments were.

You know Bean, I was thinking maybe she had worked with a buyer who thinks she did him or her wrongly, and could be so loco as to threaten her and if she didn't rectify the situation went ahead and killed her! I sold real estate for 16 years and saw a lot of things happen. Especially if there are bidding wars going on it can get rough out there!

Scandi
I have seen some pretty bizarre Buyer's in my day... but that is just so hard to even imagine.
I also wonder if there is just a part of her life that hasn't surfaced or if it was just some drug crazed wildperson. Either which way it is the nightmare of every new home sales person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back