Ramsey Case Experiences

Jayelles

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I couldn't think of a better title for this thread! Once upon a time, there was a member of this forum called Masked Man - real name Frank Coffman. He was something of a case insider and from Boulder. Once I was intrigued by a post which suggested that Patsy had a boyfriend and in order to attract his attention to ask him about this, I started a thread called "Masked Man - Patsy's boyfriend". Wel you can imagine the stir it caused...

The purpose of this thread is just idle curiosity. I want to know what, if any personal experiences our members have had regarding the Ramsey case. For example:-

1) Have you met the Ramseys?
2) Did you know Jonbenet?
3) Have you met or do you know anyone else connected to the case?
4) Have you been to see the Boulder House?

etc.

I've never been to Boulder. I'd like to go but curiously, I am not sure how I feel about seeing the house. I'd be scared of irritating the neighbours for one thing!

What I'd really like to see is the Rocky Mountains!

Jayelles said:
1) Have you met the Ramseys?
2) Did you know Jonbenet?
3) Have you met or do you know anyone else connected to the case?
4) Have you been to see the Boulder House?

What I'd really like to see is the Rocky Mountains!

1) Only ever 'met' the Ramsey's on TV
2) Knew JonBenet through media and footage
3) Read alot about what 'those close' to the case have written or said.
4) Never been to Boulder

Have you ever had direct contact? :)

PolkSaladAnnie said:
1) Only ever 'met' the Ramsey's on TV
2) Knew JonBenet through media and footage
3) Read alot about what 'those close' to the case have written or said.
4) Never been to Boulder

Have you ever had direct contact? :)
Not with the Ramsey. I have Ramsay relatives (note the spelling) - it's a Scottish name so it's conceivable that I have common ancestors to JR.

Husband has met John Douglas. We're far removed from it all over here. Most people don't know who the Ramseys are.

Jayelles said:
Not with the Ramsey. I have Ramsay relatives (note the spelling) - it's a Scottish name so it's conceivable that I have common ancestors to JR.

Husband has met John Douglas. We're far removed from it all over here. Most people don't know who the Ramseys are.

Lol! My husband's name and family lineage is so Scottish, he may as well be called BraveHeart (brave for marryin' me, too ;) ...!)

I read or watched somewhere recently that apparently the JBR case is one of the top murder mysteries of all time, second to jack the ripper... Could have been on an ABC segment that we get here; or even on CNN...

However, it's not a mystery to me. It's a shameful cover up - but that's also just my humble, secondary opinion, lol....

PolkSaladAnnie said:
I read or watched somewhere recently that apparently the JBR case is one of the top murder mysteries of all time, second to jack the ripper... Could have been on an ABC segment that we get here; or even on CNN...

However, it's not a mystery to me. It's a shameful cover up - but that's also just my humble, secondary opinion, lol....
I heard the same thing about who killed JonBenet bing the second most famous murder mystery worldwide behind Jack the Ripper (and ironically, who was Jack the Ripper is the case second on my personal list of favorite murder mysteries.)

And I agree, this is clearly a cover up, and a rather transparent one at that.

Nuisanceposter said:
I heard the same thing about who killed JonBenet bing the second most famous murder mystery worldwide behind Jack the Ripper (and ironically, who was Jack the Ripper is the case second on my personal list of favorite murder mysteries.)

And I agree, this is clearly a cover up, and a rather transparent one at that.

Ooooh, n/poster, me TOOOO! (JtheR being a fave of mine, that is...) I find myself leaning toward him being a member (or close professional/associate) of the British Royalty.

(Maybe money and public standing helped HIM get away with murder, too?)

;)

No to the lot, unless you count contacting Michael Kane. (never responded)

No to the lot too, unless you count contacting Jeff Shapiro (he responded)

I have been to the Boulder house and took many photos. Had to do it fast because I didn't want anyone to see me! I have also emailed Lin Wood before.
As far as I can remember now that is the extent of it. BTW, the thing that struck me the most sitting outside of the house and taking it all in was how close the Ramsey house was to the other houses on eithor side of it. It always looks on TV like there's lots of space between them but there really is'nt. They seemed kinda crammed together. And the street,15th, is so narrow. It seemed like everyobody parked on the street and that made it even narrower. The houses across the street were quite close. Jayelles, I know you're across the pond but you really should go. It helps make it all so real.

I've heard other people say the same thing Trixie.
Like you say from the pics I've seen and snippets of tv footage, the house didn't look that close to it's neighbours at all.
You're lucky, I'd love to see that house and to see Boulder too.
Call it morbid curiousity.
Is Pasta Jays still there?

If I ever come to the States, Colorado is one state I will definitely have to visit.

I have driven s l o w l y past the old Ramsey house three times, and up the alley the same time of course. I drove even slower approaching the north end of that alley behind the church where I was married, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, which is located on that property lot.

The church added a building near the alley for feeding the homeless, and there is limited just off the alley parking, behind that newer plain jane building.

My first trip up the alley I met some rather angst filled looks from a man on the south end of the alley who was fiddling with his trash cans.

On the three trips, I would circle the block and take a more concentrated look at the Barnhill home across the street.

The street is indeed so narrow, there would be no doubt, imop, that Mr. Barnhill could have seen very plainly the male who approached the Ramsey home on Christmas Day.

WE here in mushroom country have never heard of a viable visitor to the Ramseys home on Christmas day, either from their own mouths or from the media, OR did I miss it??

I did receive emails from Chief Beckners email address, acknowledging my thoughts on things that should be investigated. He would give me the name of the detective that he had given my information to. I never heard from them again, nor did I make further contact to see what happened, I felt that as long as the information had reached them, they would do what was needed to be done with it.

In reality I would soooooooooooooo have appreciated hearing what was accomplished that might bear fruit from my input.

I did also have emails with someone who purported to be Parker the lie detector man who was involved in JR's exec. sec. test.

I had dug up his email address, so guess it really was 'him', he was cagey but inferences were there that it was the straight stuff. I had heard him interviewed on Peter Boyles program, when this news was hot.

I did have combative emails with a man on the east coast who raised and trained bloodhounds, about my thought that there could be a scent held within the garrote knot. Storage of that evidence made the thought remote in his view.

Thats it.

You were married in the church behind the Ramseys?

Does that mean that when we have our afternoon cream tea, you can take me to see the church where you were married .... and we would have to drive past the house in the process? LOL

Wasn't Gene Parker the guy who DIDN'T polygraph the Ramseys? Wasn't he the one who claimed they turned him down because he was insisting on a drugs test as well?

Yes, I think that was parker.

Narlacat, what did he say?

All I know was I sent Mr. Kane a LONG list of questions. This was quite a while ago. I've always beat myself up over the fact that I never made copies of those questions, damn it! They were GOOD questions, though, ! know that.

I have been to the house and also had dinner at Pasta Jay's. This is when we presented the petition to the Governor's legal staff a couple of years ago.

RR

Jayelles said:
You were married in the church behind the Ramseys?

Does that mean that when we have our afternoon cream tea, you can take me to see the church where you were married .... and we would have to drive past the house in the process? LOL

Wasn't Gene Parker the guy who DIDN'T polygraph the Ramseys? Wasn't he the one who claimed they turned him down because he was insisting on a drugs test as well?

I was most likely married in the church when Patsy was squealing fer her baby bottle, yezzzzzzzzzz I was married in the church that I named earlier.

If you were to divide that block into quarters, the R house would be on the southerly end into approx the second quarter, the church is located in the same block but in the northerly far and last quarter.

So you could see the back of the church grounds with some buildings on the church property in the way of having full vision of the back of the church. You would have to drive around the block to see the front of THE church.

I read the thread with the link for the complete details on ALL of the news about all of the almost and nearly almost and final lie detector test the R's finally took. I donut remember the thread now. But it is a very very recent post that has a link for ALL of the skinny on all of the tests.

I've driven past (and around) the house. It was a bit spooky. One thing about the house...IMO, it's an architectural nightmare. Whoever added on the new part didn't do a very good job with the design. My family had a cabin in the Rockies for years, so we spent a lot of time in Colorado.

luvbeaches said:
I've driven past (and around) the house. It was a bit spooky. One thing about the house...IMO, it's an architectural nightmare. Whoever added on the new part didn't do a very good job with the design. My family had a cabin in the Rockies for years, so we spent a lot of time in Colorado.

I just wish I had a cabin in the Colorado mountains, I could easily turn into a remote hermit type, with all of the art that I love to do. I could not grow a beard, but I could let my hair drag on the ground behind me.

Yeppers the addition did not follow the architectural designs of the period.

I read in todays paper that a very wealthy Saudi man has just one of his properties in Aspen for sale for $135 million dollars. I don't have the article handy, it was in the Rocky Mountain News if you would want to Google it.

Camper said:
I just wish I had a cabin in the Colorado mountains, I could easily turn into a remote hermit type, with all of the art that I love to do. I could not grow a beard, but I could let my hair drag on the ground behind me.

Yeppers the addition did not follow the architectural designs of the period.

I read in todays paper that a very wealthy Saudi man has just one of his properties in Aspen for sale for $135 million dollars. I don't have the article handy, it was in the Rocky Mountain News if you would want to Google it.

Yes, we LOVE Colorado. Always have. I have so many fond memories from my childhood visits to the cabin. It was such a different time back then. My family had a cabin in the Estes Park area, and we'd all visit off and on through the summer. It was just so much fun. The first thing I do when we go up the canyon is to roll the window down and smell the pines and listen to the river. That's heaven for me....

$135 million...Wow, I can't even imagine. I'll have to take a look and see what you get. We've been looking for a place for the last year or so (a lot smaller than the Aspen place :) ). Our kids want us to buy something near one of the ski resorts, but we like the Estes area. I don't know what we'll do...but I could also become a hermit. My books, my cats and my hubby. What more could you want...well, maybe a blender.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back