Identified! OK - Pittsburg Co, WhtMale UP5170 & WhtFem UP5174, 18-30, GSW, Apr'95 - Brian and Rachel Burr

anthrobones

Reaction score

Unidentified White Female

• The victim was discovered in April 1995 in McAlester, Oklahoma.
  • She was a victim of homicide.
  • Homicide is thought to have occured in March of 1995
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 18 - 25 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4" - 5'6"; 130 - 140 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde/frosted hair. She had shoulder length, wavy hair.
  • Dentals: charts available, She had only one tooth filling.
  • Clothing: She wore a red Lassen Sportswear shirt with one front pocket; blue jeans, size 10; white bra, 38-D; panties which were large and not consistent with the blue jeans size; a two-piece wedding band set with a small diamond, which matched the wedding band of a male victim who also was found; and a "Le Watch" with a brown leather band.
Case History
The victim was located ten miles north of McAlester, along the outer road adjacent to U.S. Highway 69, in April of 1995. She was found with an unidentified male.
It is suspected that the couple was married based on the matching wedding rings that they were wearing. The couple is believed to have been shot with a .38 caliber Smith and Wesson or a Ruger model revolver. The unidentified male was shot once in the chest and the unidentified female was shot twice in the chest. It is estimated that the victims were killed on or around March 18, 1995, 3 weeks prior to their discovery.
The victims had been dragged about 40 feet into the woods. The location is approximately 50 yards west of an active Union Pacific Railway track, which runs north and south and about one-half mile from the entrance of Crower Point, which is a Lake Eufaula public campsite.
The unidentified male's left rear jean pants pocket was cut open, and he wore a watch with a Le Watch leather band. The watch was set 1 hour behind Oklahoma time, which is central standard time. No identifying information was found on the victims or in the area of the crime scene. It is unknown if the victims rode the railway , were hitchhiking, or drove an automobile.

419UMOK

Unidentified White Male

• The victim was discovered in April 1995 in McAlester, Oklahoma.
  • He was a victim of homicide.
  • Homicide is thought to have occured in March of 1995
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 18 - 25 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6" - 5'9"; 175 - 185 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown short hair.
  • Dentals: Charts available
  • Clothing: He wore a turquoise, possibly "Ocean Pacific" t-shirt; a black long-sleeve jacket; light blue Levi jeans with a black belt, size 31 waist/34 length; dark color bikini shorts with a geometric design; 14 karat gold wedding band which matched the rings of the female victim who also was found; and a watch with a "Le Watch" leather band.
  • Tattoos: He had the following tattoos: an "R" on his left forearm; an eyeball with a teardrop on his right forearm; and a cross on his left upper arm (bicep).
Case History
The victim was located ten miles north of McAlester, along the outer road adjacent to U.S. Highway 69, in April of 1995. He was found with an unidentified female.
It is suspected that the couple was married based on the matching wedding rings that they were wearing. The couple is believed to have been shot with a .38 caliber Smith and Wesson or a Ruger model revolver. The unidentified male was shot once in the chest and the unidentified female was shot twice in the chest. It is estimated that the victims were killed on or around March 18, 1995, 3 weeks prior to their discovery.
The victims had been dragged about 40 feet into the woods. The location is approximately 50 yards west of an active Union Pacific Railway track, which runs north and south and about one-half mile from the entrance of Crower Point, which is a Lake Eufaula public campsite.
The unidentified male's left rear jean pants pocket was cut open, and he wore a watch with a Le Watch leather band. The watch was set 1 hour behind Oklahoma time, which is central standard time. No identifying information was found on the victims or in the area of the crime scene. It is unknown if the victims rode the railway , were hitchhiking, or drove an automobile.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the circumstances are not the same BUT has anyone ruled out Randy Lee Sellers? He also had a tattoo on his left forearm of the letter "R". Who knows if he was kidnapped w/the female for years. His picture looks very similar to the Doe in Oklahoma.

mooner123 said:
I know the circumstances are not the same BUT has anyone ruled out Randy Lee Sellers? He also had a tattoo on his left forearm of the letter "R". Who knows if he was kidnapped w/the female for years. His picture looks very similar to the Doe in Oklahoma.
I agree that they look similar, though the ages between the UID and Mr. Sellers are off somewhat. Does anyone know what a tatoo of an "R" on the left forearm means? Is it a common symbol? Like all of the girls that got roses tottooed on their ankels in the 70's?

I know of people w/rose tattoos but no one with the letter "R" so I'm not sure what it means. Because of the Sharon Marshall case, I'm not too confident in Oklahoma's info. There's always room for mistakes.

I also see many similarities with this unidentified male and Randy Sellers. Similar height, weight, hair color, age and the "R" tattoo on his left forearm.
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/14dmky.html

Would be nice to have photos of the "R" tattoos on each man's forearm to compare. It is possible that Randy took off that night after being arrested rather than being abducted.

Randy Sellers attended an alternative school and was intoxicated the night he was arrested. I assume an alternative school is a school for troubled kids, but I don't know. Maybe he was troubled, on drugs or maybe had other issues that would make him run away. That picture sure resembles him though, and that tattoo!!!!

I guess this match would be too obvious. It must've been checked out before. ????

yes moon you are right, 'A' school or alternative school is basically for wanna be drop outs, druggies, bullies, pregnant teens, just any kind of troubled area.

ragland:

do you think LE could've screwed up somewhere? don't you think this must've been checked out before?

Of all of these missing people out there and all of these John & Jane Does from different websites.... NONE match up to eachother? There's gotta be something wrong.

i dont know moon i just jumped in this thread so i dont know enough to say one way or another but ill read up and let ya know what i think....

Wow, It sure does seem like the unidentified male and Randy Lee Sellers could be one and the same. Can anyone alert Doe Network to this? As I am not a member there.

mjak

Here is the info on John and Shelly Markley missing in 1995 form Ohio.

www.doenetwork.org/cases/2270dmoh.html John

www.doenetwork.org/cases/2126dfoh.html Shelley

This couple was found in 1995 in Oklahoma. They resemble each other. But the ages are off and John Doe has tattoos not listed on Mr. Markley's page.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/419umok.html John Doe

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/332ufok.html Jane Doe

I am sure this has already been ruled out, but don't know for sure so thought I would see what you all thought.

well, the J&J does were found in april of '95 & the couple went missing in dec '95. so i think that would rule them out!

ah, thanks reb. Yep, that pretty much rules them out. :doh: I was thinking it said January not December.

Well, now they have a thread if anybody has any ideas. Their story (the missing couple ) is pretty interesting.

yes it is... i wonder what the heck happened. it sounds as if someone offered to buy his vintage car and when they came to look, tried to rob them or pulled some kind of scam.... but why would shelly write a check out to herself that morning?? also, they may have placed a classified ad earlier that no one knew about.
sure is a puzzle. anyone else....??

This disappearance reminds me of several other disappearances of married couples...Leonard Lake and his partner Charles Ng would answer ads in the paper for various items....law mowers, stereos etc. They would go to the home ostensibly to look at and possibly buy ..instead, Lake and Ng would kidnap the couple and take them to a secluded mountain cabin, abuse and kill them. Lake was apprehended but committed suicide not long after his arrest. Another case involved a family of 3...husband, wife and daughter (elementary school age I think) This couple and their child were abducted from their home ....they just seemingly disappeared inTO thin air....I believe the childs body was discovered but her parents are still missing ....no clues, no motives ...nothing has ever been ascertained. Sounds similar to what has possibly happened to this couple.

I've often wondered if this case was listed here. This couple disappeared from my home county, I remember when it happened. It was just like they disappeared. If I remember correctly, the children were on one or two of the talk shows talking about their missing parents. It's amazing to me that this case remains unsolved.

There are currently 3 missing persons cases from Trumbull County, Ohio that I can remember:

Christine Brock
Charlotte Nagi-Pollis
John and Shelley Markley

According to an archived DoeNet page from November 29th, 2001- these two were identified- but not at a disclosed time. Keep this in mind, on the 2001 archived page- their case numbers were 116umok and 135ufok (I'll put links to the old pages). What's even more confusing is why are their cases currently back on DoeNet listed as Unidentified with new case numbers when they were listed as Identified 7 years prior, if not earlier than 7 years? Did DoeNet make a mistake and list the wrong Jane and John Does on the Identified page or do they have trouble with consistency? Did the investigator(s) make errors themselves? If anyone notices the current DoeNet page for identifications, you'll notice that both cases have been removed. I'll email DoeNet about this and see what they can tell me what's behind this, when I get a response from them- I'll post it here

116umok (currently 419umok): http://web.archive.org/web/20011207050804/www.angelfire.com/wy/doe/index.html
135ufok (cannot currently get a link for her- will try)
The 2001 "Identified" page listing both: http://web.archive.org/web/20011207050804/www.angelfire.com/wy/doe/index.html
The DoeNet archived page from November 2001: http://web.archive.org/web/20011207050804/www.angelfire.com/wy/doe/index.html

I noticed this while going through the sites archives and noticing the reconstructions and case facts were the same. I noticed that this isn't the 1st time that this has happened. They put a case on their "Identified" page and then took the case from the page a long time after. I don't remember if they put the case back in the Unidentified Victims page- I'll check...

I forgot that the link for 116umok is archived and does not directly lead to the actual page itself- in the Unidentified Victims section, the case is on page 8, it has the word IDENTIFIED above the photo in red

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back