VT - Circus coach arrested in alleged sexual assault of child

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
Well this man came into my unit friday night.He claims that he does not know the American language.:rolleyes:
I had posted on another forum here about some people that we encounter claiming that they do not speak English/American.(these people know the language,yet decieve us)

news link

A coach of the Vermont School of Circus Arts was arrested Thursday by the Chittenden Unit for Special Investigations in a case involving the alleged aggravated sexual assault of a 7-year-old girl.

Vladimir Avgoustov, 55, appeared in court Friday morning, but court-appointed attorney Laurie LeClair told Judge Edward Cashman that her Russian client “desperately needs an interpreter” to continue with the legal process. Cashman decided to reschedule the arraignment to allow time for Avgoustov to communicate with his lawyer before court proceedings.

The Avgoustovs have been fixtures in Vermont circus circles since joining the coaching staff of Circus Smirkus, a Greensboro organization known for extensive summer tour and camp programs. The pair worked on Circus Smirkus tours from 1991 to 2005; in 2003, they were named head coaches of the Circus Smirkus Academy, a circus arts school that opened in Essex Junction that year.

news link

He's been around sine 1991 and he still can't speak english? Does he only work with Russian speaking people? Think he is pulling someone's leg? When you get arrested for molesting a 7 yr old it is always best to say..."I no speak english and I don't want to learn either....me no understand english either."

I bet when he gets to prison and some of those big lifer cons decide to pay him a visit at night he can remember how to say "no"...in english!

news link

Police are asking parents to talk to their children if they attended any camp where Avgoustov was working.

March 2016

A former circus coach who pleaded guilty in 2007 to sex assault on a minor will have the chance to redo his case, according to court papers.

Judge James Crucitti ruled Vladimir Avgoustov, a Russian native, had not been properly notified nine years ago of possible citizenship consequences when accepting a plea agreement.

Avgoustov, 65, of Winooski is once again charged with performing a sex act in 2006 on a 7-year-old girl, who was a student at a summer camp connected with the now-defunct Vermont School of Circus Arts. Avgoustov had been serving the court-ordered minimum 10-year prison sentence when Crucitti ruled in December that Avgoustov could withdraw his plea.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...-plea-2006-sex-assault-case-vacated/81731402/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back