Was wondering if any from this video had ever been found

Thank you for sharing. It really moved my heart and brought me to tears. Sometimes I feel we live in a bubble and have no idea what is going on out in the real world. I could have been one of those children when I was a teen. I was headed on the wrong way track. It makes me thankful for where I am today and want to pray more for my children.
Amy

This is a old video from the 90's. Back then I didn't think much of the video except that i looked at the faces and the video almost made me cry. Now I think about how big it really was that someone used their fame to try and do some good. You don't see a hole lot of that today.

Yes, it was a good thing. I'm with youn wondering how many have been found. It would be good if musicians could do a video like this instead of glamouring crime and gangs, and sex and such.
Amy

I haven't seen that video in forever. Very sad. These are the kids (would be adults by now) in the video that are still missing:
Wilda Mae Benoit, 1992.
Byron Eric Page, 1992.
Curtis Anthony Huntzinger, 1990.
Christopher Matthew Kerze, 1990.
Martha Wes Dunn, 1990.
Thomas Gibson, 1991.

I couldn't find these people on Doe Network, Charley Project, or NCMEC, so hopefully that means they have been found:
Christina Ann Wood, 1991.
Ginger Sue Hudson, 1992.
Heather Lee Yagle, 1990.
Darlene Michelle Hungerford, 1991.
Berenice Espinoza, 1992.
Michelle Ann Farley, 1992.
Emily Tamara Pois, 1992.

Thomas Gibson was the little baby/boy, right? I've seen his story on Unsolved Mysteries several times. If I remember correctly, his father (who was a sheriff) was convicted of killing Tommy. His older sister later told police that she had seen her daddy taking Tommy away and there were inconsistencies in his story that he tried to explain but couldn't. I don't remember if it was accidental or not.

Gosh I haven't seen that video in a long time. I felt the same way I did the first time I saw it. I was just a teenager and it made me cry and now it just made me cry harder. Back then I knew it was sad but now that I have my own children it makes me even sadder. I agree that it would be great if more artist did this.

I may be remembering incorrectly (won't be the first time!), but it seems like some years ago there was a kind of "update" on this video (if it's "Runaway Train"...I haven't clicked the link yet and am assuming that's it), and that while some of the teens had been returned home (some were runaways), things weren't exactly hunky dorey for them or their families. I guess that would be normal, though, since if a child runs away there are probably issues for them and their parents to work out.

Lyrics to this song

Call you up in the middle of the night
Like a firefly without a light
You were there like a blow torch burnin
I was a key that could use a little turnin

So tired that i couldn't even sleep
So many secrets i couldn't keep
Promised myself i wouldn't weep
One more promise i couldn't keep

It seems no one can help me now
I'm in too deep
There's no way out
This time i have really led myself astray

Runaway train never goin' back
Wrong way on a one way track
Seems like i should be getting somewhere
Somehow i'm neither here nor there

Can you help me remember how to smile
Make it somehow all seem worthwhile
How on earth did i get so jaded
Life's mystery seems so faded

I can go where no one else can go
I know what no one else knows
Here i am just drownin' in the rain
With a ticket for a runaway train

And everything seems cut and dry
Day and night, earth and sky
Somehow i just don't believe it

Bought a ticket for a runaway train
Like a madman laughin' at the rain
Little outta touch, little insane
Just easier than dealin with the pain

Runaway train never comin' back
Runaway train tearin' up the track
Runaway train burnin' in my veins
I runaway but it always seems the same

I remember the band having to change out some of the kids- b/c they were found. Many of them were runaways and saw themselves on the video.... back when MTV played videos!!

Did you help make this video? I guess I was just confused about having to change out kids. Did they continually change the pictures in the video until they were all children that hadn't been found?

NO NO NO... I didn't work on the album... I just remember b/c I was a fan at the time.

Here is an interesting tidbit from the band- printed this week:
But according to Soul Asylum guitarist Dan Murphy, the reality of the video’s impact was more complicated than that. Speaking by phone from Minneapolis, where the band is based and was rehearsing for a July 10 “Tonight Show” appearance and a comeback tour for its first major-label CD in eight years, titled “The Silver Lining,” Murphy explained that even the best of intentions can go wrong.

“Some weren’t the best scenarios. I met a fireman on the East Coast whose daughter was in the end of the video, and he’d been in a bitter custody battle with his wife over her,” Murphy said. “It turned out the girl hadn’t run away, but was killed and buried in her backyard by her mother. Then on tour, another girl told us laughingly ‘You ruined my life’ because she saw herself on the video at her boyfriend’s house and it led her being forced back into a bad home situation.”

http://www.pasadenaweekly.com/article.php?id=3638&IssueNum=28

very interesting article. It is nice to hear that the lead singer is still involved in NCMEC. Doing the video must have really opened his eyes to the missing.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?t=163904&highlight=tommy+gibson

Here is a link to a thread on another forum about Tommy Gibson. You have to scroll down a little bit, past some Unsolved Mysteries DVDs and a picture of Robert Stack. There is an article posted that talks about Larry's conviction and other circumstances of Tommy's disappearance. I think it's worth noting that the age progression website of Tommy linked to on this thread was done by Larry Gibson.

What a shame that the father only got a three year sentence. Of course sentences weren't as stiff as they are now.

People questioned the 8 yr old girl and her story saying that she had said at first that she saw a man and woman in a truck the day that Tommy went missing and that she only came up with the story about her dad hitting Tommy and then taking him away in his patrol car after the mom and girls left the dad. If the dad planted the truck story in the girl's mind or she heard the story from the neighbor or whatever I can understand her telling LE that story. Her father might have encouraged her to tell LE that story.

It was said that the dad was abusive to the children. Maybe after the girls and their mom moved she felt more comfortable to tell what she had really seen. Dad wasn't a threat then. Evidentally the jurors believed her.

The dad wants to become a musician since he got out of jail or prison! To bad someone didn't get him while he was behind bars. Because he was an ex cop he was probably kept away from the other.....darn.

I was just watching this video today. I love this song. Did some searching, and one of the boys bodies was found in Dec. 08. He was murdered.

Curtis Anthony Huntzinger
Huntzinger, 14, disappeared from Blue Lake, California on May 19, 1990. He was originally considered a runaway, but as the years passed police began to suspect foul play in his case. Steven Daniel Hash, a friend of Huntzinger's family, was charged with voluntary manslaughter in Huntzinger's case in December 2008. Days later, he attempted to plead guilty, but the judge refused to let him. Hash lead police to Huntzinger's body, which was entangled in tree roots in a shallow grave on the outskirts of Blue Lake. He faces up to 12 years in prison for manslaughter.
http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved/resolved46.html

What a shame that the father only got a three year sentence. Of course sentences weren't as stiff as they are now.

People questioned the 8 yr old girl and her story saying that she had said at first that she saw a man and woman in a truck the day that Tommy went missing and that she only came up with the story about her dad hitting Tommy and then taking him away in his patrol car after the mom and girls left the dad. If the dad planted the truck story in the girl's mind or she heard the story from the neighbor or whatever I can understand her telling LE that story. Her father might have encouraged her to tell LE that story.

It was said that the dad was abusive to the children. Maybe after the girls and their mom moved she felt more comfortable to tell what she had really seen. Dad wasn't a threat then. Evidentally the jurors believed her.

The dad wants to become a musician since he got out of jail or prison! To bad someone didn't get him while he was behind bars. Because he was an ex cop he was probably kept away from the other.....darn.
==================================

I remember when this occurred.
It was felt at the time that dad had accidentally killed Tommy.
That he hid Tommy's body in his sheriff's car and then disposed of him later that day.
You would have thought being LE he would have owned up to what he did. As far as I know, he has never owned up to anything.

I had forgotten about this video, it's beautiful.

bumping for all the kids in this video...watching it again tonight, it STILL brings tears to my eyes...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back