CA - Nicholas Faibish, 12, mauled to death by dogs, San Francisco, 3 June 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
The mother of the boy fatally mauled in his Sunset District home said Saturday that she shut her son in the basement to protect him from the family's pit bulls before the attack.
In a startling interview with the San Francisco Chronicle, Maureen Faibish said she ordered her 12-year-old son, Nicholas, to stay in the basement while she did errands June 3, the day he was attacked by one or both of the dogs.

http://www.kcbs.com/pages/kcbs/news/news_story.nsp?story_id=73370213&&ID=kcbs&scategory=Computers

Gee this woman keeps getting better by the day !!!! :rolleyes:

First she says it was God's idea that her son be viciously torn to pieces by HER dangerous dogs now this..............I hope she cant have anymore kids as she doesnt desreve a goldfish let alone a child!

Let me see if I get this??

The dogs were sooo dangerous she locked her son in the basement??

Does this make sense to anyone??
If I felt that any pet I owned posed such a danger I would get rid of it.
And barring that why not take her child with her to run errands?

Or lock the dogs in the basement??

I am beginning to think this wasn't the accident she claims.

I just ran across the article on CNN.....she locked her child in the basement while she was to be gone from the home to protect him from the dog....I'm speechless frankly.

Hummmmmmm, I think a charge of murder would suffice! What a friggin nut case. This is awful. Why aren't her other children taken away yet?

What the? This is ridiculous. Is this lady for real? This honestly doesn't make any sense. First of all, she KNEW about the dog and its temperament, yet she still chose to keep it around her children? This is her child for crying out loud. What a cold heartless %&^%#!! To lock her OWN child in the basement is stupid. If anything, why didn't she lock the dogs in the basement instead????

“I put him down there, with a shovel on the door,” Faibish told the paper. “He had a bunch of food. And I told him, `Stay down there until I come back.' Typical Nicky, he wouldn't listen to me.”

She treated the poor boy like an animal. Basically just threw him in the basement with "food" like a dog.

MaryKate said:

And barring that why not take her child with her to run errand

Exactly! What errand was so URGENT She HAD TO GO & THE CHILD COULD NOT ACCOMPANY HER??????????????? :waitasec: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Hinkey Meter is off the chart. Lock this nutcase up pronto! :furious: :furious: :furious:

What in the H-E-double hockey sticks??? Did I really just read that this woman locked her child in a basement because her dogs were dangerous? Did it ever cross her mind to lock the dogs in the basement? The dogs had free roam of the house while her flesh and blood child was relegated to a basement?

“I put him down there, with a shovel on the door,” Faibish told the paper. “He had a bunch of food. And I told him, `Stay down there until I come back.' Typical Nicky, he wouldn't listen to me.”

Let me see if I get this. This wouldn’t have happened if Nicky would have just listened to her??? Listened to what? Listen to your mother lock you in a basement like an animal? With a shovel on the door? Sarcasm time... thank goodness it wasn't a fire that killed a little boy locked in a basement, but just a dog attack brought on by the boy himself because he wouldn't listen. If there was a fire the mother might have to accept some responsibility, but since Nicky didn't listen I guess this is his fault.

The way I perceived the article is that this woman thought that this was a perfectly normal thing to do, that this was a perfectly normal way to deal with an aggressive dog whose breed is known to maul and kill. This lady is a nutbag. I hope that child welfare has already removed her other child from her care and will consider making it permanent. This story pisses me off.

MaryKate said:

And barring that why not take her child with her to run errands?

Or lock the dogs in the basement??

I am beginning to think this wasn't the accident she claims.
I completely agree!!!
did they perform an autopsy on this child???

The boy had "a bunch of food" with him in the basement? How long did the woman plan to leave him down there?

Okay, I am just going to come right out and say it......this woman is.......
Too Stupid To Live.:bang:

This is what this "mother" said about the death:

It's Nicky's time to go,” she said. “When you're born you're destined to go and this was his time.”
“I'm not mad at my dogs,” Faibish said. “I just love them to death.”

I'm beyond angry that this woman won't face any charges for putting her son in harm's way.

Jeana (DP) said:
This is what this "mother" said about the death:

It's Nicky's time to go,” she said. “When you're born you're destined to go and this was his time.”
I have to admit, that was one of the freakiest things I've heard in a long time. I can't pinpoint exactly what unnerves me so about it, but it goes right to the bone. Moreso than her stupid actions that day. :furious:

How can the police not charge this women??

If a neighbor had come to the house and found nasty dogs roaming and discovered the child locked in the basement and called the police, does anyone here think that DCF would not have been called in??

Also to those of you who asked about the other children..

I don't know about the rest of the country but in Florida only the "at risk" child is removed. So if the other children do not "appear" to be in danger they are not removed.

Yes, I know exactly how stupid that sounds but its how it is.

Someone should lock her in the basement to protect the rest of the world.:doh:

MaryKate said:
How can the police not charge this women??

If a neighbor had come to the house and found nasty dogs roaming and discovered the child locked in the basement and called the police, does anyone here think that DCF would not have been called in??

Also to those of you who asked about the other children..

I don't know about the rest of the country but in Florida only the "at risk" child is removed. So if the other children do not "appear" to be in danger they are not removed.

Yes, I know exactly how stupid that sounds but its how it is.

What I've learned about years of reading stories about child abuse on this forum is that oddly, most of the time, most of the abuse is heaped on one child of multiple child families. They don't know what causes the parent(s) to single out that one child, but it happens more times than not. When talking about just overall "neglect," then all of the kids are involved, but the worst kind of abuse that we've seen, starvation, locking in closets or the like, beatings, etc., are usually done to one child. Maybe that's why these agencies only take out the one child? If it were up to me, I'd say no child should be allowed to remain, but unfortunately, they're not letting me make the rules!

San Francisco prosecutors have met with police and ordered further investigation before deciding whether to seek child endangerment or other felony charges against the mother whose son was mauled to death by family pit bulls, authorities said Monday.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/06/14/BAGPBD85UQ1.DTL&hw=Faibish&sn=005&sc=263

Boy's death moves city panel to favor required neutering

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/06/10/BAG93D6K5F1.DTL&hw=Faibish&sn=021&sc=102

San Francisco District Attorney Kamala Harris indicated Sunday that new revelations from the mother of a 12-year-old boy fatally mauled in his home will be part of an ongoing investigation into his death.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic...state/n072740D24.DTL&hw=Faibish&sn=026&sc=076

Jeana! Its true but then I have to wonder who the heck is making these rules??

It just seems ridiculous! ANY person that would treat ANY ONE child badly should not have access to any others. At the very least these other kids are seeing this abuse take place. IMO the others are in someway effected possibly verbal abuse or some abuse or neglect to a lesser degree.
If they treat one child like that they are clearly not right up in the head!

mysteriew!
YAYA Maybe they are suspicious like we are! I hope they send her away for a long long time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back