NY - Joel Steinberg convicted of 1987 murder of Lisa Steinberg

YES! I am so glad, I knew his hearing was coming up. Good News.

Parole shouldn't even be an option for him. This whole parole thing needs to be stopped. If you are sentenced to 20 years, you serve 20, etc.

YES!!!! :woohoo:

I think this was the first case I every followed. What a sick sick man.

Anyway, the little boy that also lived with them is now a senior in HS. A friend of mine is friends with this family's cousin. Anyway, I was just asking her about him yesterday, because she also knows someone else who was in the news. I'm going to be posting a thread on it. Anyway, she said that he is very aware of Lisa and what happened. He is a wonderful normal kid. He is with his birth parents.

MrsMush99 said:
He is a wonderful normal kid. He is with his birth parents.
Thanks! It's SO good to hear that. I've always wondered about him, and no case updates through the years really mentioned him.

I agree 100% no chance for parole. Why release evil, isn't that why we have prisons in the first place?

The bad news is, he is scheduled to be released anyway, June 30th.

I think this was the first case I can remember me really "knowing" about child abuse. Before that I thought it just happened to poor, uneducated people. Plus, I was only 19 and never had to know about such things, luckily. I feel cheated that the mom wasn't convicted. I remember thinking she was also to blame.

I saw this on CNN this morning and was disgusted.He is a child molester AND a killer and he's getting out of prison??? I just dont understand!

Oh gosh, I am just sick to my stomach to think this monster is getting out of prison. I guess I am really surprised that the other prisoners didn't do him in while in jail. Too bad it doesn't happen more often.

Total miscarriage of justice here. I can not believe they would let this killer out of prison. What are they thinking? I always thought that Hedda should have gone to prison with him She did nothing to stop Steinberg from killing Lisa. I used to belong to a gym that Nussbaum belonged and many times she would be on the treadmill next to me and every time I couldn't help but look at her with disgust wondering how she could live with herself, and she knew it. I could tell she probably got alot of that through the years and rightfully so IMO. Now Steinberg walks as a free man soon. Poor little Lisa, I will never forget her face.
I am disgusted with the justice system.

And people thought Darnay Hoffman was the answer to the Ramsey case. I'm sorry, but I don't think so.

Child-killer Joel Steinberg returned to the city yesterday with his bushy mustache, beady eyes and reputation as a monster all still intact.
But the notorious criminal also wore a new expression - fear.

The domineering ex-lawyer looked rattled by his wild limousine ride to freedom and the crush of media and protesters that greeted him at Fortune Academy, the Harlem halfway house where he will live.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/208020p-179356c.html

Sadistic child-slayer Joel Steinberg sauntered out of an upstate prison in style yesterday, sliding into a chauffeured stretch limo that broke speed limits and wove wildly through traffic as it raced back to New York City with a mass of media in hot pursuit.
When the worn and graying Steinberg, 63, arrived in Manhattan yesterday afternoon, he immediately was taken to the West Harlem headquarters of the Fortune Society, a prisoner-rehabilitation group, where he is expected to stay as he is counseled about re-entry into society after serving nearly 17 years for fatally beating his illegally adopted 6-year-old daughter, Lisa.
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/24207.htm

The entire system failed that poor little girl. While I would hate for any other person to be involved in anything having to do with this monster, I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if someone took care of him. :bang:

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

http://www.nynewsday.com/news/local/crime/nyc-joel0810,0,7013458.story?coll=nyc-homepage-headlines

THAT'S JUST GREAT, JUST GREAT. SO WHERE DOES THE FREAK SHOW GO NOW????? HIS LAWYERS' GONNA HIDE HIM IN A LUXURY PENTHOUSE NO DOUBT. This makes me furious. Now we don't know where this SOB is gonna be.

I've always said, I'd rather know of a child molster that lives next door THAN NOT KNOW.

Knowing where these SOBS are helps the public. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Steinberg's in a Manhattan location now, according to his lawyer, Darnay Hoffman. More than likely it's another halfway house, since that's probably a condition of his release.

He was tossed out for giving an interview to New York magazine, which was against the rules of the halfway house where he was staying.

He had been hired on release from prison as an $250-per-week "intern" for a tabloid-style, cable TV show in New York called "New York Confidential." I don't know if the intern job actually came through, but it sounds like something Hoffman would arrange.

I think part of whatever income he makes has to be given to his victim's biological mother, who won a civil suit against the City of New York and Steinberg.

Hey all-

I have a copy of "What Lisa Knew" by Joyce Johnson that I'll mail out to a fellow WS'er - just PM me and let me know...

-Amanda

Hi everyone-

Just wanted to let you know that the book has been taken - thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back