GUILTY WA - Two women, 2 kids found murdered in Kirkland home, 17 July 2006

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Two women and two young boys found dead after a house fire all died of wounds to the neck, and the fire apparently was set to cover up the slayings, authorities said Wednesday.

The home belonged to a soldier serving in Iraq, his wife and their two children. The victims were the young mother, the children and her sister, the King County medical examiner's office said.

Police in this east Seattle suburb have arrested a neighbor for investigation of arson and homicide in Monday's fire and the four slayings, Police Capt. Eric Olsen said at a news conference. He declined to elaborate on what led authorities to the man.

"We don't have a motive at this time," Olsen said.

When firefighters arrived at the scene Monday, the two-story house was ablaze. Authorities determined the fire was arson.

Sgt. Leonid Milkin, 29, has been granted emergency leave from duty in Iraq, and was expected home with 24 hours, Maj. Philip Osterli of the Washington National Guard said Wednesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fatal_fire&printer=1

Wow...how tragic. I can only imagine how the husband is feeling on his way home from Iraq...that is horrible and sad :(

from the link: The women and the older boy died of stab wounds to the neck while the 3-year-old's throat was cut, the medical examiner's office said.

:furious: Who could cut a person's throat, much less a 3 YEAR OLD!!!! :mad: That is just plain sick.

It's starting to irk me how people think they can kill someone and just burn the evidence. It doesn't work that way. Forensic analysis tools are too sophisticated to be duped by a house blaze most of the time.

I just feel sick at my stomach after reading this. Like war isn't enough to deal with emotionally, now to have to come home to this. He will feel responsible because "he should have been home to protect them". This young father/husband/soldier needs our prayers for healing.

so very sad.

POSTED: 7:26 am PDT July 20, 2006
UPDATED: 8:52 am PDT July 20, 2006

KIRKLAND, Wash. -- The wife, two sons and sister-in-law of a soldier serving in Iraq who were found dead in the soldier's burned-out house had been stabbed, and a neighbor has been jailed for investigation of homicide, authorities said.

Police did not say what led them to the 24-year-old man, who was arrested at a duplex across the street from the house. According to the King County jail's Web site, a man was being held for investigation of arson and four counts of homicide."We don't have a motive at this time," Olsen said.

Those who died in the fire were Olga Milkin, 28; her sister, Lyuba Botvin, 24, who lived at the house, and Justin and Andrew Milkin, 5 and 3, the sons of Olga and Army National Guard Sgt. Leonid Milkin, 29. All four bodies were found on the second floor.

A source close to the investigation told The Seattle Times the man in custody was walking in the neighborhood shortly before the fire was reported about 11:30 a.m. Monday. The house was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived, and investigators say Wednesday there were multiple points of origin and indications of an accelerant.

Residents of a house for recovering alcohol and drug abusers said the man had lived there until recently and held a maintenance job. Neighbors and the duplex owner said the man moved in about two weeks before the fire.

--> read in entirety at link below

http://www.kirotv.com/news/9547903/detail.html

==========================================

I just don't get it! WHY!?!?

My thoughts and prayers are with this dear soldier, who has lost his family while preserving our freedom!

Alcholic blackout, he says:
http://www.komotv.com/stories/44516.htm

The man accused of murdering two women and two children told police he drank too much alcohol, blacked out and awoke to find himself in their Kirkland house covered in blood, a law enforcement source told our newspaper partner, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer Thursday.

cathieq said:
Alcholic blackout, he says:
http://www.komotv.com/stories/44516.htm

The man accused of murdering two women and two children told police he drank too much alcohol, blacked out and awoke to find himself in their Kirkland house covered in blood, a law enforcement source told our newspaper partner, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer Thursday.

Well he may very well have had a blackout but I don't think that it is going to get him out of this. He murdered 4 people. Here he had just been living in a recovery house and he must have started drinking again. Evil booze causes people to do horrible things BUT they still have to be held accountable for their actions. That excuse just doesn't fly in court like it used too...alcohol and blackouts. He will either get LWOP or the death penalty. He can make pruno in prison and probably won't murder anyone. Everyone on the outside will be safe.

If feel so sad for that young husband and father. He has lost everything that he had...wife....sons...and his home. His sister-in-law was probably staying with the wife so her and the boys wouldn't be alone while he was gone. How does a person cope with this much heartache? I hope this young man has a strong support system and a lot of faith. How will he be able to return to active duty? It's not like he can just get over this loss and move on. Wouldn't it be dangerous for him to be in the middle of a war with all of this on his mind and trying to grieve for his family? I would think so anyway.

I have friends whose son and daughter-in-law had three boys. The daughter-in-law also had three nieces who were around the same ages of the boys...around 11, 9, and 7 yrs who were visiting. One morning the mom drove the dad to his work site which was about a mile down the road and while they were gone their mobile blew sky high killing all six of the children. Something to do with wiring. The kids were all found in their beds and never knew what happened. This young couple have never recovered. He drank really bad for awhile. Now he owns a concrete business and she works for CPS. They work and work and work and that is all they do. I can understand how they have never healed from their loss. I hope this young dad eventially heals but it will be so hard.

Bless this solider and his family. What a the perp is. I hope he :furious: in Hades and the sooner the better.

Guess I am in no mood to put it nicer than that today.:mad:

curious1 said:
Bless this solider and his family. What a the perp is. I hope he :furious: in Hades and the sooner the better.

Guess I am in no mood to put it nicer than that today.:mad:
Must be in the air today... I am feeling very cynical and not very tolerant or understanding. Or maybe i am just fed up with these creeps that think they rest of society is dumber than a box of turnips...

Your telling me that alcohol or an intoxicated alcoholic is suddenly going to commit a crime of this magnitude while under the influence... No friggin Way. What a complete load of horse manure.. OH i had a black out, i dont remember, I was sleep walking, it was a mysterious stranger. Yeah right... dont; believe someone who is under the influence can suddenly turn in to a homicidial maniac that is able to kill a 3 year old child by slitting their throat. Let alone to murder 4 people. 2 women and 2 children.. Sorry not buying it.

This may have been dormant but it was there all along... what would possess anyone to suddenly commit such a heinous crime.. to strangers no less.. ? The best he came up with was I dont remember.. i blacked out??? God this PO's me. So sick of these criminals who just devastate and destroy so many innocent victims lives. :furious:

My thoughts and prayers and sincere condolences go out to this soldier and their family. I just can't fathom how he'll be able to move on from this... just so incredibly sad.

Prayers for all involved

Milkin's wife Olga, 28, their sons Justin, 5, and Andre, 3, and Olga's sister, Lyuba Botvin, 24, who lived at the house.

family.jpg

The Accused Neighbor, Conner
conner.jpg

I know you can't go by one picture alone, but he does look like an with a bit of an f-u attitude. Must just be the mood I am in today.

Hmmmm I wonderif there is actually a different motive here all together... both women are very atttractive. ( Thos kids were just sodarn cute too..so sad) It makes me wonder if the neighbor didn't have a thing for one of these 2 women.. maybe he had a thing for one of them and either she didn't know or turned him down. Could have had a confrontation while intoxicated whch provoked him into attacking her and by then was already homicidal enough to murder them all or felt it was a way to eliminate the witnesses to the murder.. alcohol related but not due strictly to the alcoholic blackout as he claims... This would make far greater sense to me then the other "excuse".....maybe the husband or someone else has this sort of evidenece or information about previous run ins or interactions with him....?

Something strange, to me, I found while checking out his Myspace, and his friends on Myspace...

One of his hero's names is Jessica, I believe this to be Pocha, the only person he has a 'subscription' to.....she writes this blog on
Friday, March 10, 2006.........notice the first thing written.....

spacer.gif
slash and burn...

I have a friend from back in the day...we're talking MIDDLE SCHOOL, back in the day. We were close in high school, we shared a love that only two pubescent, sexually pent-up "friends" could share. We never acted on it. He was the one that I always figured I'd marry. Good virtue. Sweet heart. And seemed to love me more than I could ever imagine someone could.

The years passed. We lost track of one another. There were a few chance encounters: one in his dorm room where we kissed for the first time, one years later as he happened into the Home Depot I was working at, and the last at a mutual friend's wedding.

I realize, I never took him seriously. He swore his undying love and affection and as an attractive young girl with many dating options; I passed him by. 9 years later I see him and kick myself over and over. What a man he has become. What a marvelously genuine and compassionate man he has developed into.

OF COURSE, he's engaged. I pull my romantic inclination out immediately. I'm no homewrecker. That is...to my knowledge.

"Jessica? This is Kat. I want to know why it is that you think it is ok for you to befriend a man in a relationship (referring to "him")???" I hear her voice tremble and she proceeds to build in screams and yells and accusations...blaming ME for their relationship troubles. Calling ME names. Accusing ME of being a homewrecker...of being a woman with no values or respect for my fellow woman.

My mere presence in this man's life is enough to shake his already cracking relationship. I was the straw on the camel's back. I could hear him screaming in the background that there was nothing between us. He's right. Nothing...just 200 miles, 9 years, religious differences, and her. She had no right to blame me. But I was the scapegoat. I took the abuse...guilt washed over me like a wave...drowning my ability to defend myself, my spirit.

I havn't been spoken to like that....ever. It was so ugly. One woman slashing another woman to pieces...because it was easier to hurt me than to admit that her relationship was over.

Also...is this letter from her to the murderer? Posted today:

Baba,

You are the love of my life. I want so badly to protect you right now. I found myself wrapping my arms around my chest tightly tonight; imagining it was you who was holding me; eyes closed; deep breath. I can't even begin to imagine how you are right now. It all seems so unreal. All of this. YOU??? Of all people?!?!

I had no idea about what's been happening the last 2 days. At first; utter shock took over. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. My poor sweet Baba!!! It's all I can do to break down and cry again and again. My sweet sweet Baba.

I just want to grab your face in my hands and kiss all this ugliness away from your mind; away from your heart. Your soul does not deserve this. Your spirit. Your good nature. You.

I love you so much, Baba. I know you know that. I cherish all that you've taught and given me. I can't wait to hug you again. .............I miss you.... And my heart is so heavy for you right now. I'm sending all my prayers and love to you....a flood of love to you, my friend.

your Mija

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13247241

From the same article:
...About two weeks ago, he moved into the Kirkland duplex on Slater Avenue with a friend from the halfway house. His sister and her roommate were already living in the other apartment...

I thought I had read an interview with one of the neighbors named Kinsey. That was right after the fire before the discovery of the bodies. You could tell she really loved her brother.

Heart-breaking...for all involved.

snip
...Kirkland police said that a resident of the neighborhood, Sean Winter, became concerned when he heard that four people had died in the fire and Schierman didn't answer his door. Winter thought perhaps Schierman had tried to save the family...
...Winter let himself into Schierman's house using a spare key and found Schierman lying on his bed, his face covered by a pillow. Schierman told Winter he wasn't feeling well and kept the pillow over his face....

...Although investigators have declined to discuss to what extent the defendant knew the victims, Maleng said "There is compelling evidence of premeditation." He declined to elaborate...
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/eastsidenews/2003148987_webkirkland24.html

The more I think about this case, the more I think Schierman had a fixation on the women or one in particular.

The Kirkland Police Department said Tuesday it mistakenly turned over to a Seattle television station about 300 pages of confidential investigation files related to last week's fire at a home in which the bodies of four people were found.

The files included police reports, notes and other documents, along with photographs and videotapes of the suspect in the killings, Conner Schierman, who has been charged with four counts of aggravated first-degree murder and one count of arson in the July 17 deaths...

...Gilmore said the implications of the disclosure are unknown, and Kirkland police are meeting with the King County Prosecutor's Office to discuss how it will affect the case. The Prosecutor's Office had no comment Tuesday on the disclosure...
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003152258_kirkfire26e.html

Trial to begin for man accused of murdering Kirkland family

Story Published: Jan 20, 2010 at 9:01 AM PST
Story Updated: Jan 20, 2010 at 9:01 AM PST

SEATTLE -- Opening statements are expected Wednesday in the trial of a man accused of killing four members of a Kirkland family.

Conner Schierman has been charged with is accused of stabbing two women and two children to death in 2006 and setting the house on fire.

The family's father, Leo Milkin, was serving with the National Guard in Iraq when his wife, two sons and sister-in-law were murdered.

He said coming home to find his family gone and his home destroyed was like a nuclear bomb exploding in his life.

more here

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/82168517.html

what a long wait the families have had to endure. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member