Votes: 5 25.0%

Votes: 6 30.0%

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • 4.00 of before

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

tumble

Reaction score
How does it fit with the Ramseys say they set the alarm to 5.30?

1. When was the plane suppose leave that morning?
2. Did they have access to a private jet? I read somewhere that John had been loading the jet with presents and bags on the 25'th for a couple of hours.
If this is the case probably they could enter the plane really fast. Do you have to be there in good time or can you just jump on the plane seconds before it is supposed to leave?
3. What airport where they suppose to use and how long does it take to drive there?
4. Dressing up making breakfast for a family of four would take some time. What do you guys think about this?

So what time do you guys feel is an appropriate time for the alarm that morning?

Sounds like a pop-tart morning to me... dress.. wake the kids.. put last minute "stuff" in the car and go..

According to the 97 interviews John says

[font='Courier New',monospace]JR: We needed to leave by 6:30 a.m., because we were going to take off about 7:00 a.m., because we were meeting John and Melinda in Minneapolis.[/font]

... and the plane was actually preloaded ...

[font='Courier New',monospace]JR: We packed some presents that we were going to take up the day before . . .[/font]

[font='Courier New',monospace]TT: Where were those presents at?[/font]

[font='Courier New',monospace]JR: Well I taken up, I grabbed them Christmas morning I think, or late Christmas morning and I took them up to the airport Christmas day . . .[/font]

[font='Courier New',monospace]TT: So they were already out of the house . . .[/font]

[font='Courier New',monospace]JR: They were out of the house and in the airplane, preloaded.[/font]

tumble said:
How does it fit with the Ramseys say they set the alarm to 5.30?

1. When was the plane suppose leave that morning?
2. Did they have access to a private jet? I read somewhere that John had been loading the jet with presents and bags on the 25'th for a couple of hours.
If this is the case probably they could enter the plane really fast. Do you have to be there in good time or can you just jump on the plane seconds before it is supposed to leave?
3. What airport where they suppose to use and how long does it take to drive there?
4. Dressing up making breakfast for a family of four would take some time. What do you guys think about this?

So what time do you guys feel is an appropriate time for the alarm that morning?

tumble,

1. The Ramseys had to be at the airport at 6:30 and take-off time, according to the flight plan, was 7:00. The plane had to loaded, passengers embarked, and readied for take-off ahead of time after the Ramseys arrived at the airport. Also, the flight had to leave sharply at 7:00 because the Ramseys were to rendezvous with family members at Minneapolis coming in from Atlanta on a commercial flight and they were to continue together from there on the Ramsey plane to Charlevoix, Michigan.

2. The airplane was owned by John Ramsey. It wasn't a jet. John didn't load anything into the plane on the 25th; he went to the airport that day to mechanically look the plane over. It was to be flown to Michigan by his pilot and personal friend, Mike Archuleta.

3. It takes about 20 minutes to drive from the Ramseys house to the Jefferson County Airport.

4. To wash, shower, dress, apply make-up, make coffee and set out breafast items, finish packing, wake up children and get them bathed and dressed, eat breakfast (they were to be in the air all day and wouldn't have left home without eating), load luggage and kids into car, last minute straighten up of kitchen and bathrooms, and drive to airport: 120 minutes.

IOW, if they didn't get up until 5:30, in my estimation they'd be one hour late getting to the airport. The alarm clock set for 5:30 is an unlikely scenario. There was no reason for the Ramseys to pre-plan a time-crunch. I think the alarm clock had been set for about 4:00 or 4:30 AM.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
tumble,

1. The Ramseys had to be at the airport at 6:30 and take-off time, according to the flight plan, was 7:00. The plane had to loaded, passengers embarked, and readied for take-off ahead of time after the Ramseys arrived at the airport. Also, the flight had to leave sharply at 7:00 because the Ramseys were to rendezvous with family members at Minneapolis coming in from Atlanta on a commercial flight and they were to continue together from there on the Ramsey plane to Charlevoix, Michigan.

2. The airplane was owned by John Ramsey. It wasn't a jet. John didn't load anything into the plane on the 25th; he went to the airport that day to mechanically look the plane over. It was to be flown to Michigan by his pilot and personal friend, Mike Archuleta.

3. It takes about 20 minutes to drive from the Ramsey's house to the Jefferson County Airport.

4. To wash, shower, dress, apply make-up, make coffee and set out breafast items, finish packing, wake up children and get them bathed and dressed, eat breakfast (they were to be in the air all day and wouldn't have left home without eating), load luggage and kids into car, last minute straighten up of kitchen and bathrooms, and drive to airport: 120 minutes.

IOW, if they didn't get up until 5:30, in my estimation they'd be one hour late getting to the airport. The alarm clock set for 5:30 is an unlikely scenario. There was no reason for the Ramseys to pre-plan a time-crunch. I think the alarm clock had been set for about 4:00 or 4:30 AM.

BlueCrab
I doubt very much that the children would bathe or that Patsy or John would straighten up the bathrooms & kitchen. Pasty didn't even bother with a shower.

BlueCrab, what do you think JR meant we he says they would leave at 6.30?
he also stated that the plane was preloaded???

on the morning JR says that he woke up before the alarm went of about 5.25. He showered and at some point heard PR scream. At this time PR was dressed already and she was in bed when he got up, this means that PR probably didn't shower at all putting on the same clothes as the day before. What do you ladies say about this? Sound unlikely to me.

Even if she did, for JR to shower,shaving and clothing(he was getting dressed...) it would probably take at least 15min and then they hadn't even woken the kids yet. Does not seem they were in a hurry.

I believe it would have taken the whole family at least two hours to get out of the house, which is why I voted 4:30.

tumble said:
BlueCrab, what do you think JR meant we he says they would leave at 6.30?
he also stated that the plane was preloaded???

on the morning JR says that he woke up before the alarm went of about 5.25. He showered and at some point heard PR scream. At this time PR was dressed already and she was in bed when he got up, this means that PR probably didn't shower at all putting on the same clothes as the day before. What do you ladies say about this? Sound unlikely to me.

Even if she did, for JR to shower,shaving and clothing(he was getting dressed...) it would probably take at least 15min and then they hadn't even woken the kids yet. Does not seem they were in a hurry.

tumble,

IMO John was lying again, trying to stretch the time they were in the house because of the unachievable time-crunch if they didn't get up until 5:30 AM. They obviously had to have planned to get up sooner than 5:30.

I think the Ramseys were up by 4:00 AM; found JonBenet dead; children were involved; a cell phone call to Mike Bynum got things going; and the staging and coverup was well underway by the time Patsy called 911 at 5:52 AM.

BlueCrab

my timeline

passengers+stuff into plane, taxi out, get flightpermission 20min
walk from car to plane 10min
drive to airport 20min
get into car. close down house 10min
brush teeth,get kids into clothing 20min
breakfast 40min
extra time for unexpected hassle 30min

sum 2h30min which means alarm set to 4.30.

Without realizing it, we may have seized on something vital:

My dear brother (only brother, thank the gods) loves to needle me on this. He always says to me:

"Guv," he says, "if the Ramseys did do it, why did they call 911 when there was so much left to do?"

I think I know now!

They had to keep this schedule, right? I mean, if they didn't show up on time, someone's going to come looking, right? Their neighbors had to know they were leaving at a specific time. Someone would have noticed.

(Just spitballing.)

SuperDave said:
Without realizing it, we may have seized on something vital:

My dear brother (only brother, thank the gods) loves to needle me on this. He always says to me:

"Guv," he says, "if the Ramseys did do it, why did they call 911 when there was so much left to do?"

I think I know now!

They had to keep this schedule, right? I mean, if they didn't show up on time, someone's going to come looking, right? Their neighbors had to know they were leaving at a specific time. Someone would have noticed.

(Just spitballing.)
That's always how I've looked at it - IF the Ramsey's did it. They had to make it look like they got up, and found the note. 5:30 is about as late as you could push it, realistically.

IrishMist said:
That's always how I've looked at it - IF the Ramsey's did it. They had to make it look like they got up, and found the note. 5:30 is about as late as you could push it, realistically.
But what is puzzling me: why did they push it so late? Suppose JonBenet was killed around midnight, wouldn't the staging have been finished by 4:30 in the morning (which would be the realistic time for them to get up if the flight was due at 7:00)?
Or could it be that they hadn't finished the staging yet by 4:30 in the morning?
Maybe it took them very long to think about several scenarios before finally doing the staging? Or it was like UKGuy said, that they first staged one scenario and then decided to change it into another. All this could have taken a lot of time, and I suppose it also it took them a long time to compose the ransom note.

"Maybe it took them very long to think about several scenarios before finally doing the staging? Or it was like UKGuy said, that they first staged one scenario and then decided to change it into another. All this could have taken a lot of time, and I suppose it also it took them a long time to compose the ransom note."

Could have been a combination!

Not too mention time to panic, fall apart, freak out, get it together, THINK...

I think 5.30 is as late as they could push it, and I think they were not satisfied even at that point but time had run up...

If they would have waken up at an earlier time they sure would have seen their daughter was missing. Then they would have to explain why they waited to call the police and what they had been doing in the meantime (note that the RN allows for this scenario also but it never played out this way...) If they go with a story to call the police rightaway(as they did...) one comes up with 5.30.

From PR interview

[font='Courier New',monospace]TT: Okay. So you were going to get to the airport about, a little before seven so you could take off at seven?[/font]

[font='Courier New',monospace]PR: Yeah, we were going to get there about a half hour before.[/font]

PR only leaves ~20min to eat breakfast, wake up kids,getting them in clothes, toiletting,close up house with no safety margin...

Call to police 5.52(probably close to the time she says she walked down the stairs) have to leave by 6.10 to get to airport at 6.30

Edit: By the way, was the alarm clock ever examined??
And by the way, PR statement about 6.30 contradicts JR's.

[font='Courier New',monospace]
[/font]

BlueCrab said:
eat breakfast (they were to be in the air all day and wouldn't have left home without eating),
All day?!! Total air-travel time from Denver to Minneapolis to Detroit (it was the only Michigan city I could of) is only four hours, which is hardly all day. It's not like they were flying to New Zealand. As far as breakfast is concerned, you just throw a box of toaster pastries, some fruit, and some juice boxes in a plastic grocery sack and you're ready to go.

-Tea

Maybe they got up at around 5:30, found a ransom note, looked for their children, called police, and we know the rest.

until morning. Frankly, I think he was as puzzled as the cops until later that morning.

sissi said:
Maybe they got up at around 5:30, found a ransom note, looked for their children, called police, and we know the rest.

Well, we're all just spitballing here.

Maybe so.

Maybe not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member