GUILTY SC - Brett Kinney, 34, disabled, brutally murdered, Beaufort, 2 May 2004

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
The judge who will choose whether admitted killer Samantha Morgan-Major will live or die says he needs time to make that decision. Circuit Court Judge Roger Young told the courtroom Friday that his decision will not be based on passion or compassion, but upon a sober reflection of the facts.

The 24-year-old admitted to the brutal murder of brain-damaged and physically disabled Brett Kinney in May of 2004. Kinney’s family became emotional at several points throughout the five-day sentencing phase, oftentimes having to leave the courtroom. But Friday, for the first time, Morgan-Major appeared to show emotion as the final arguments were made in her defense.

“I am scared. And I, your honor, do not want to die,” she read in a statement to the judge.

Judge Roger Young heard a different plea Friday from Morgan-Major. After admitting to the gruesome killing of brain-damaged and physically disabled Brett Kinney, she told police she wanted her life to end.

“I want the death penalty,” she said, in a recorded confession days after the murder. “I want either lethal injection or electric chair.”
http://www.wsav.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSAV/MGArticle/SAV_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149189304440&path=%21frontpage

I have to refrain from posting too much as this is close to home. But, I did notice her life became extremely importent and then when evidence is shown she threw herself at the court. Get over yourself murderer!

“I am scared. And I, your honor, do not want to die,” she read in a statement to the judge.

And exactly what do you think the VICTIM in this case was thinking and feeling?

I know what I'd do if I were the judge.

Details of the crime:

http://www.lowcountrynow.com/stories/050704/LOCmurder.shtml

They tortured this poor man to death. He had given her money in the past, I guess that wasn't enough. At the very minimum, she should spend the rest of her life in jail and I HOPE they never allow her to have contact with her son, who is clearly better off without her.

Poor guy :(

They should both get the chair.
Why would the judge need more time to work that out :confused:

bykerladi said:
Details of the crime:

http://www.lowcountrynow.com/stories/050704/LOCmurder.shtml

They tortured this poor man to death. He had given her money in the past, I guess that wasn't enough. At the very minimum, she should spend the rest of her life in jail and I HOPE they never allow her to have contact with her son, who is clearly better off without her.

Reading that story just breaks my heart. That is one of the saddest crimes I 've seen.

Now she's pleading for herself? :furious:

She was just sentenced to life in prison, I HOPE without possibility of parole.

Beyond Belief said:
What are those things all over her face?

Those are sores from doing crack or meth. I've seen that a lot when I worked with addicts.

It makes me sick when these killers whine and snivel not to be put to death when they have done horrible things like this poor excuse of a human being did. I don't know why that judge didn't give her the death penalty. So many judges now days don't have the b@lls to do what they are on that bench to do. I hope he gave her LWOP. She should never ever walk the streets again.

From April 2007:

http://www.lowcountrynewspapers.net/archive/node/25691

[John] Dykeman, 44, was sentenced to life in prison Wednesday after a jury took less than an hour to find him guilty of the murder, kidnapping and armed robbery of 34-year-old Kinney...

The jury didn't buy the defense's argument that Dykeman was coerced by Morgan-Major during a night spent in search of cash and drugs to help her take Brett Kinney's ATM card, force him into the trunk for hours and stab him and eventually beat him to death with shovels, rocks and boards...

"I had no hesitation for asking for life," Stone said. "I don't find anything redeeming about John Dykeman... I've never seen a more horrible murder case."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back