another slip of the tongue

tumble

Reaction score
In the 98 interview with JR he talkes about the possible suspect SantaClaus

25 early on we were saying wow, well, Santa Claus,

1 you know, acting so feeble and how could he have

2 carried her down the stairs, and was the

how did JR know JBR was carried down the stairs???

Good catch. JR seems to know JonBenet was carried down the stairs...how would he know that? How does he know she didn't willingly walk down herself?

I wonder if he was referring to the stairs to the main floor or the stairs to the basement.

This comment doesn't even fit with his own version of event in the SantaClaus theory.
The whole idea is that JBR would actually follow Santa without question and even maybe sit down and have pineapple with him.

Anyone could guess she was carried down the stairs.

But why, when she'd go willingly?

Seems JR though she MUST have been carried down the stairs. He tries to explain to himself how a feeble man could pull it off and comes to the conclusion that he can't be that feeble...

I personally don't think Santa was too feeble, and still think he's a good suspect.

The slip about the ransom note during JR's deposition is still hanging with me, can't seem to settle that in my mind.

I think he was too feeble.

My own father had the same bypass surgery as Santa Bill had, and he was only 48 years old at the time. There's no way he would have been able to climb up and down stairs carrying a 6 year old child just four months after, much less strangle her and smash her skull in.

I can assume then that when Santa Bill had bypass surgery four months prior to Christmas at age 65 he was left too feeble to have committed this crime and the staging, including carrying JonBenet down stairs.

Santa Bill was cleared. An interesting suspect, but he did not kill JonBenet.

The thing is for JR during his rambling(and rambling about something is generally hard to keep lies...) about Santa he would of course think that Santa NOT would carry JBR feeble as he was.

I think this slip of tongue is very significant and sure indicates that JR knew(speaking from memory) that JBR was in fact carried down the stairs(by himself or by someone else, most likely himself).

For JBR to be carried down the stairs(basement or first floor) JBR probably was out cold at this point. Unconsious or sleeping?

Probably not sleeping, why carry a sleeping child downstairs during the night.

No...Bill McReynolds could not have pulled off this murder without leaving at least one hair on his chinny chin chin!

Toltec said:
No...Bill McReynolds could not have pulled off this murder without leaving at least one hair on his chinny chin chin!

That's what I think too.

Wasn't it in the inital reports about the garland being in JB's hair, which they deduced was from being carried down the stairs?

Wasn't it in the inital reports about the garland being in JB's hair, which they deduced was from being carried down the stairs?

hollyjokers:
You mean that something(a garland) was cought in her hair, something that should not be there and could only be explaned by her being carried down the stairs, and if that is the case which stairs? Then this is certainly significant.
Where is this info?

Also could someone give me directions where I can find a transcription of the BR interview?

hollyjokers said:
That's what I think too.

That probably was the source, but a 6 year old child could easily get garland in her hair when walking up and down the stairs. The garland decorations would be right at the leel of her head.

tumble said:

hollyjokers:
You mean that something(a garland) was cought in her hair, something that should not be there and could only be explaned by her being carried down the stairs, and if that is the case which stairs? Then this is certainly significant.
Where is this info?

Also could someone give me directions where I can find a transcription of the BR interview?

I just finished PMPT ( returned it to the library so I can't tell you what page its on) but Linda Arndt noticed when JR brought JBR up from the basement that bits of green stuff was caught in her hair & she remembered seeing similar green garland on the circular staircase. She made the assumption that the garland had caught in her hair as she was being carried down the stairs. However, it could just as easily caught her hair as she was being carried up if she were sleeping when they returned home. Not sure which staircase they would have taken on that trip.

Arndt never went down to the basement ,did she? Had she, she may have noticed similar material.

Not just the garland, but JB's hair was tied into the strangling cord. Both the knot behind her neck and the "mummy wrapping" on the stick had it in there, along with something else...

Interesting.
I don't really think that this remark by Arndt would have JR being hooked up by JBR being carried down the stairs, but lets see what this gives us...

If JBR in fact was carried down by someone the possible scenarios is limited.Should anyone take the risk and carry a sleeping JBR to the basement.
Not very likely.

And so the whole garrote thing turns into staging directly.
The handle came from the basement
The handle was broken in the basement indicated by the wooden shards
The hair of JBR was caught in the garrot indicating the garrote was tied right on the neck of JBR

To explain this together with JBR being out cold before she got down into the basement leaves only the possibility that the perp

Turned her unconsious upstairs
Went to the basement, took a brush and cracked it,
Went upstairs and made the garrot

Not very likely, making the garrote at the neck of a sleeping child does not make sense.

Staging turn kidnapper/intruder scenario unbeliveable.
Why would a kidnapper/intruder stage anything.

JR accepting(knowing) the fact that that JBR was carried down puts himself in the spotlight.

tumble said:
JR accepting(knowing) the fact that that JBR was carried down puts himself in the spotlight.
I agree, Tumble. I think this is another revealing slip of a Ramsey tongue.

It makes perfect sense that the stager(s) would take their staging project to the basement... to find tools and supplies, to hide from other family member(s), to prevent lights from being seen by neighbors.

It makes a whole lot more sense that a stager would do this than a real kidnapper, who would of course carry the child down from the second floor and right out the back door to freedom, not to the basement where he could get trapped by the child's parents.

Toltec said:
I do agree with you there.

In the JR depo we have

16 Q. When you were looking at the ransom

17 note, was there anything in the language of the

18 ransom note that struck you as peculiar?

19 A. The whole thing was peculiar. We

20 were addressed as "Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey," and then

21 they switched to "John" personally.

I find this interesting. The RN does NOT address "Mr. and Mrs.". Only the small practice fragment does this. Why does JR think of the practice note in this case? Do we know if he even had read the practice note at the time of the depo?
Edit: The depo was 2001, guess he was aware of it by then. But still, why refer to the practice note(...or notes...)

It could be a coincidence.

I'm more interested in something else: remember, a few years after JB's murder, the Ramseys had a break-in at their Atlanta home. John claimed that he'd left the house unlocked.

WHAT?!?! This guy's supposedly had an intruder break in and murder his daughter already! There's NO WAY he'd leave anything unlocked anymore!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back