GUILTY NC - Na'ziyah Miller, 19 mos, beaten to death, Charlotte, 21 July 2006

spclk

Reaction score
"The mother of an east Charlotte toddler says her roommate has confessed to killing her 19-month-old child.

The child’s mother, Shantika Miller, said she was working at the Randolph Road Bojangles restaurant when she learned her daughter had been injured.
Miller, 20, says she had left Na’ziyah with her roommate, Marshall Crenshaw. Miller says Crenshaw claimed the child had fallen from a dining room chair and hit her head.
Prison records show Crenshaw, 45, was convicted of a similar crime 20 years ago. Officials in Connecticut say Crenshaw was sentenced to 25 years in prison after he was convicted of killing his 10-month-old daughter in April 1985. It is not clear when Crenshaw was released from prison."

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-072406-al-toddler_killed.1c9261c2.html

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/news/local/15103301.htm

Another mom leaving her children with a killer.....when will they ever learn! :behindbar

She was living with some strange man she met at work and knew him for 3 months....what?

Poor baby, maybe he will go to prison for life this time and not be able to be around anymore children, but sadly I doubt it.

From the article:
...Miller says she first met Crenshaw about three months ago, and he became a regular at the restaurant where she worked. Miller says Crenshaw seemed friendly and convinced her to move into his apartment...

Know what? I don't care what the mother does - she can shack up with whomever she wants, whenever she wants. She can even farm herself out if she wants to...(I could get very graphic here but I won't. :hand: ) But find some place SAFE to leave the kids...

If this is already out there somewhere I apologize and the Mods can delete.....

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stories/wcnc-072406-al-toddler_killed.1c9261c2.html

By MARK BOONE / 6NEWS

The mother of an east Charlotte toddler says her roommate has confessed to killing her 19-month-old child.

Na’ziyah Lavon Miller was unresponsive when officers arrived at the Karen Court apartment at around 6:45 p.m. Friday, police said.

The child’s mother, Shantika Miller, said she was working at the Randolph Road Bojangles restaurant when she learned her daughter had been injured.

Miller, 20, says she had left Na’ziyah with her roommate, Marshall Crenshaw. Miller says Crenshaw claimed the child had fallen from a dining room chair and hit her head.

“She had a bruise on her face the size of a quarter and I knew something was not right with my little girl,” Miller said in an interview Monday afternoon.

Miller’s nine-month-old son was also in the apartment, but was not injured. (snip)

What the hell makes a mother think it is okay to move in with a man after only knowing him 3 months and intrusting her babies to his care? :doh:

Probably because 99% of the world's population - it IS okay. MOST people aren't this level of jerks. (At least I hope not!)

curious1 said:
What the hell makes a mother think it is okay to move in with a man after only knowing him 3 months and intrusting her babies to his care? :doh:

Wow - a 9 month AND a 19 month old ? Makes me tired just thinking about it.

GlitchWizard said:
Probably because 99% of the world's population - it IS okay. MOST people aren't this level of jerks. (At least I hope not!)
After spending so much time on WS I a not convinced of that anymore. :(

curious1 said:
You know I feel the same way, but I was a single mom and I had resources,and it was still very hard to find daycare, much less good daycare, but there are a lot of women out there that dont, and unfortunately it seems like an easy solution. Goes to show us that there is one more area that we need to address as a society. She was working, there needs to be better places, organization of services that are available to women that have children and need to work. It will only better all of our lives if we know that our children are cared for and not being abused, those that survive the cycle of abuse are often those that continue that very same cycle, not all but unfortunately enough.

is this creep was convicted of killing his 10 month old daughter in 1985 and was sentenced to 25 years. I know you shouldn't judge people by their looks, but I wouldn't have let this creep near my cat's litter box, let alone any children. :mad:

Also, I wonder way he wasn't held more accountable for his own child's death. It seems sometimes that children are given a lessor value as victims of crime and especially murder.Now, this time will he get the death penalty or life w/o the possibility of parole?

curious1 said:
After spending so much time on WS I a not convinced of that anymore. :(

Me neither.

This guy killed his own 10 month old daughter years ago. Why was he ever let out??

concernedperson said:
Also, I wonder way he wasn't held more accountable for his own child's death. It seems sometimes that children are given a lessor value as victims of crime and especially murder.Now, this time will he get the death penalty or life w/o the possibility of parole?

He should have still been in prison. I doubt if he will get DP or LWOP. Children don't seem to be valued that much and they probably will not let the jury in on the fact that he has killed an infant before.

I'm sorry, I know this is completely inappropriate, but the child's name was pronounced "Nausea"??? :slap:

It just makes me sick! so close to where I live :( How do you let someone that you have no idea about their criminal past watch your precious children?! I mean obviously she didnt know about his child that he went to jail for killing, so she must not have tried to hard to find out about him.

Poor little girl.... This man should have never been let out of prison after he did this once before !! I am sick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back