FL - Inmate Tried To Hire Hit Man To Kill Girlfriend

CW

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TAVARES, Fla. -- A man already in the Lake County jail is facing even more charges. Detectives said Charles Wheaton drew up an elaborate plan to hire a hit man.

Wheaton, 36, had been in Lake County’s detention center for three months on felony assault charges when he heard his live-in girlfriend was having an affair with a man he knows. Two weeks ago, deputies allege Wheaton approached another inmate about killing that man.

"We do have a lot of them who typically will vent frustrations and make statements they have no intentions of acting on. This man actually took action in the attempt to hire a hit man," said Sgt. Christie Mysinger, Lake County Sheriff's Office.

A sheriff's affidavit said Wheaton drew the would-be hit man a map to the victim's house and even told him where to bury the body on his property. Wheaton wanted the grave marked so he could find the location once he got out of jail. He even had a plan on how to pay for the hit.

"He was going to sell a corvette to another inmate and then get that inmate to deposit the funds, a thousand dollars, into the hired hit man's account," Mysinger explained.

It was the fourth time Lake County inmates have revealed such schemes. For several months, detectives have made a point of asking inmates if they know of any crimes or any being planned. It's part of the county's jail intelligence program.

http://www.wftv.com/news/9572216/de...l=orlc_4pm&tmi=orlc_4pm_1_03000207252006&ts=H

This guy had practically everyone in the jail in on his plot.
This is an interesting program, i wonder if the inmates get something in return for their info?

JBean I'm not sure but I'm going to try and keep up on this case since it's close to home. I find it very interesting. It was the fourth time Lake County inmates have revealed such schemes. For several months, detectives have made a point of asking inmates if they know of any crimes or any being planned. It's part of the county's jail intelligence program.
IMO I do believe inmates if they haven't been sentenced yet do get lighter sentences.I know here in FL. inmates would get gain time for good behavior but now they have to serve 85% of their sentence.

JBean said:
This guy had practically everyone in the jail in on his plot.
This is an interesting program, i wonder if the inmates get something in return for their info?
That's probably the first question they ask "What do I get in return if I give you some really good information??"

Buzzm1 said:
That's probably the first question they ask "What do I get in return if I give you some really good information??"
I just wonder how well it works.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back