FL - Julia Rolon-Estrada, 39, found in shallow grave, Port St Lucie, 26 July 2006

Shadow205

Reaction score
PORT ST. LUCIE —</B> Police on Saturday excavated the body of a 39-year-old woman, missing since Wednesday, from a shallow grave in the backyard of her home.

They also called her estranged husband, currently jailed on an unrelated charge, the prime suspect in her homicide.
The body of Julia Rolan-Estrada, 39, of the 1800 block of Rainier Road, was found in a freshly covered 3-foot-deep grave near the patio of the beige and white home she shared with her husband, Albert Estrada, 40. The couple had lived in the home for five years.

Police began investigating Rolan-Estrada's "suspicious disappearance" at about 9 a.m. Friday after several co-workers reported that she had not shown up for work the past two days, Port St. Lucie Police Capt. Scott Bartal said. She was last seen at about 5 p.m. Wednesday when she left work at a medical supplies firm in Stuart.

During the missing person investigation, police began to suspect foul play and had a "cause for alarm" that a body might be in the backyard of the home, Bartal said. Officials used a K-9 cadaver dog from Largo to find the body at about 4 p.m. Saturday, police spokesman Officer Rob Vega said. The cause of death was not immediately apparent, Bartal said.

more at the link http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_4880086,00.html

:furious: Very sad. another poor woman who tried to get away from an abusive a##hole.

I read where he was jailed Saturday morning (before they found the body) for assaulting his "girlfriend".

PORT ST. LUCIE — Julia Rolon-Estrada stayed with her husband — her high school sweetheart — to protect her family, her sister says.

"I think she died to protect us, too," Rosa Rolon-Gonzalez, said Monday. "He always told her if you leave, I'll kill you, and if you go to your family, I'll kill them."

<snip>

Albert Estrada, 40, was held Monday in the St. Lucie County jail without bail on charges stemming from another incident. He was arrested Saturday and accused of holding a gun to his girlfriend's head at her home on South Indian River Drive.

<snip>

Her sister described the relationship between Rolon-Estrada and Estrada as abusive.

Rolon-Gonzalez, 31, said her sister was private, though sometimes opened up, confiding that Estrada "wasn't a very stable person, mentally." "She felt like she could balance him, she always felt like she could fix it," Rolon-Gonzalez said. "They had their problems, and it wasn't a good relationship but she tried to make it the best that she could."

<snip>

Rolon-Estrada and her husband met when they were about 16, and Rolon-Estrada had their daughter, Candice, shortly after. The couple were "on and off" and broke up for about five years. Estrada moved to Fort Lauderdale and got married to another woman, though the marriage ended
<snip>
"It wasn't a stable relationship," Rolon-Gonzalez said. "She always loved him because he was the father of her child."
<snip>

Estrada ran into problems in Port St. Lucie in Sept. 2003 when he was arrested on a misdemeanor battery charge, although the charge later was dropped.

After that incident, his daughter Candice ran away and never returned, Rolon-Gonzalez said.

"He basically gave my sister an ultimatum," Rolon-Gonzalez said. "(He) said you choose me or you choose her, and if you choose me then I don't want to hear anything about Candice ever again." "My sister told me, the last time that I talked to her, she said, 'I stayed so that she can go,'" Rolon-Gonzalez said.

more at the link http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_4884130,00.html

I think that the girlfriend is very lucky to be alive and not buried in her backyard too.

Albert Estrada allegedly shot his wife — his high school sweetheart — in the leg before dragging her through their house and burying her body in the backyard, concealing the shallow grave under a pallet of mulch, police said Wednesday.

That's what investigators suspect happened July 26 after Julia Rolon-Estrada, 39, arrived at the couple's home on Rainier Road. She reportedly left one of her jobs about 5 p.m. and never showed up to her second, which she was supposed to start an hour later.
<snip>

Rolon-Gonzalez described the relationship between her sister and Estrada as abusive, saying Estrada "wasn't a very stable person, mentally." Rolon-Estrada, she said, "felt like she could balance him" and "always felt like she could fix it."

Rolon-Estrada wanted to have another child, though Estrada didn't want to do so with her, Sgt. Roberto Santos said. Instead, Estrada told his wife he hoped for a baby with his girlfriend.

One of Rolon-Estrada's friends told police that Estrada confronted his wife and said "he wanted to have a child with another person and she had better accept the idea and if she tried to leave him, he would kill her," a warrant application states. Rolon-Estrada, who was shot in the femoral artery, was encased in a blue tarp that was wrapped in a green blanket and secured with tape and cloth cord. Police found blood droplets in several areas of the home, including the laundry room, kitchen and dining areas, hallway and spare bathroom.

more at the link http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_4889735,00.html

Q-01VJULIANC-1332_o.jpg

She looked like a very kind, nice person, what a shame.

A Port St. Lucie man has been convicted of fatally shooting his wife in 2006.

A jury found 43-year-old Albert Estrada guilty Tuesday of second-degree murder. The jury could also have convicted him of first-degree murder, which would have made him eligible for the death penalty. He now faces up to life in prison at his sentencing Wednesday.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...-St-Lucie-man-convicted-of-wife-s-2006-murder

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back