Cuba, Castro passes control to his brother temporarily

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
No links yet but apparently Fox news is saying Castro is passing control to his brother because of an intestinal problem. Castro is 80 yrs old

On GMA this morning they showed the Cubans in Miami already celebrating.

Growing up I knew a man who had to flee Cuba as a boy with his family. His family was very prominant and his father was friends with Castro in college. A few days before Castro's coup he approached his old friend and asked him to join him. Castro told him when the day came he could stand with him or be killed. When the coup happened the mans family fled with only the clothes on their backs. They settled away from the large population in Florida for fear of one of Castro's operatives coming after them. He knew too much about Castro and his ideas and a contract was supposedly put out on him. The sooner Castro and his bunch are out of Cuba the better. I have no idea what his brother is like, the people of Cuba could end up with someone much worse. Anyone know what is brother is like?

I was reading another website this morning and someone posted that they have a Cuban friend in FL who thinks Fidel is dead...a lot of people are thinking he died a few days ago but the truth won't be let out for a long time. Oh, and the brother is supposed to be even more of a monster than Fidel.

englishleigh said:
I was reading another website this morning and someone posted that they have a Cuban friend in FL who thinks Fidel is dead...a lot of people are thinking he died a few days ago but the truth won't be let out for a long time. Oh, and the brother is supposed to be even more of a monster than Fidel.

I heard the same thing.

englishleigh said:
Oh, and the brother is supposed to be even more of a monster than Fidel.
So sad to hear that. How can we have a military base on Cuba? So we have an embargo of goods and travel to Cuba, but don't we pay rent for the base?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back