GUILTY GA - Samantha Davis for child abuse, Stockbridge, 2004

southcitymom

Reaction score
Website
www.janicefahy.com
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/clayton/stories/0802metscissors.html

Mom cut off tip of son's tongue, gets probation
She used hot scissors on boy, 6, for talking back; dad didn't want her behind bars

By KATHY JEFCOATS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/02/06

A Stockbridge mother accused of cutting off a piece of her son's tongue with hot scissors was sentenced Tuesday to 10 years of probation after the boy's father testified he didn't want her imprisoned.

"He told the judge she is a good woman, and he doesn't feel his son is unsafe around her," said the woman's lawyer, Rickey L. Richardson.

I think her husband would feel differently if she used the hot scissors on him. :doh: :furious:

Poor fellow. I hope he gets the love he deserves.

Ugh. I am shocked at how many stupid, clueless people are involved here. Poor kid.

No she's not unsafe around anyone.....can you say clueless daddy? What if she just took the tip of daddys penis off? I mean where do you draw the line? Please! Some people shouldn't breed!

That poor baby. I can only imagine how scared he was and what pain that was. Stupid woman and man!

BhamMama said:
No she's not unsafe around anyone.....can you say clueless daddy? What if she just took the tip of daddys penis off? I mean where do you draw the line? Please! Some people shouldn't breed!

That poor baby. I can only imagine how scared he was and what pain that was. Stupid woman and man!

Since when do parents get to make the decision that the judge should be making? Just because dad didn't want his wife to go to jail or prison doen't mean it shouldn't have happened. Did the judge allow the little boy to return to the home? If so, then he should be booted off of the bench.

Can you imagine how that must have hurt. If I took a piece of my granddaughter's tongue off everytime she got mouthy she wouldn't have even a fourth inch of tongue left :D

I couldn't get the article to open, but this is child abuse, a form of torture! The woman should have gone to prison for many years, not given probation!:doh: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: The possible repercussions for her son could be scarring of his tongue, a lifetime of pain, and difficulty speaking and swallowing. His punishment didn't fit the crime. I know what I am talking about, I am a former speech therapist.

LinasK said:
I couldn't get the article to open, but this is child abuse, a form of torture! The woman should have gone to prison for many years, not given probation!:doh: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: The possible repercussions for her son could be scarring of his tongue, a lifetime of pain, and difficulty speaking and swallowing. His punishment didn't fit the crime. I know what I am talking about, I am a former speech therapist.
I agree. I am amazed that the judge gave this woman probation and parenting classes. I fear for this child's safety in the future.

She's a real looker, too. Looks like she took the scissors to her own mouf :razz:

I think this is horrible. Probation? That woman should be in prison. She should never be allowed around that child again. This isn't normal. She can't even say it was spur of the moment. She heated the scissors. What was that judge thinking?

LinasK said:
I couldn't get the article to open,

Be glad you couldn't. I almost got sick to my stomach. What a HUGE piece of sh** this woman is. And I can't believe the dad, who reported the abuse by-the-way, ended up asking that she not serve jail time. Idiots - the world is full of idiots!!!

Is the Dad an idiot? Wait, no need to answer that. He probably doesn't want her to go to prison because he doesn't want to have to deal with taking care of a 6 year old by himself. She held the hot scissors to the boys throat before she cut off a piece of his tongue. Why does the judge give a frell what the so called father thinks. This woman should go to jail, both parents should have parental rights terminated and this little boy needs to go to a safe home NOW! Give it about 2 - 5 years, one of the parents will be in court again for doing something worse to this child. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I agree with the poster that said this little boy needs to be taken away from both parents, he is clearly not safe with either. The mother should have done jail time.

why has DCF not been called??

I mean I could be furious about the mother not being in prison but to still have custody??

Ok Can I say ONE MORE TIME the the US doens't value its children??

I have thought about this case a lot today. If that woman needed parenting classes to know not to cut her child's tongue with heated scissors, she does not have the mentality to raise children or even to be around them. No amount of parenting classes can fix someone who would do something like this to a child. The father doesn't need to have him either if he takes up for her.

BhamMama said:
What if she just took the tip of daddys penis off?
Now your talking! What the heck is wrong with people, especially the other stupid parent who doesnt defend the poor kids!

I am just stunned.

This "mother" took the time to heat scissors on a stove, held them to her six year old child's throat, then cut his tongue.

Can you imagine was was going through this poor, frightened child's mind in the length of time it took....What was the "mother" saying to the child during this time? I have to wonder if a psychiatric professional has even been able to evaluate the child to determine if visitation is advisable in this case. I realize that the visits are supervised, but I still have to wonder about the effects on the child.

I can't fathom why there isn't some outrage in Ga. over this judge's decision.:doh:

I just moved from GA. After eleven years of teaching in the public school system there, I learned that the judges in the area I lived WERE/ARE IDIOTS!
Worst story I personally witnessed: A kid witnesses his dad kill his mother in cold blood (shot) when the kid is five years old. Dad killed her in front of all four kids. My student was the oldest. Dad went to jail and served 10 years. He got out, petitioned the court and GOT CUSTODY of ALL FOUR KIDS? WTH?! My student did everything he could to get expelled and sent away to boot camp--GEE, I WONDER WHY?

This mother should NEVER be allowed to see this kid again! I wish parental rights were more easily terminated!

Annie said:
I have thought about this case a lot today. If that woman needed parenting classes to know not to cut her child's tongue with heated scissors, she does not have the mentality to raise children or even to be around them. No amount of parenting classes can fix someone who would do something like this to a child. The father doesn't need to have him either if he takes up for her.
You are right about her not having the mentality to raise a child. In this country you have to have a license to fish, hunt, drive and get married, but any idiot can have a kid. And with, bad parents, it's a chain of pain - I mean where do ytou think this owman learned how to be such a cruel parent?

Blessings to this little boy and hopes that he does not grow up to repeat the pattern of abuse.

This boy is in the custody of his father...the mom and dad are seperated. One part of this story that got me is that the mother was ordered to FINISH the parenting classes that the judge had ordered!
.........................................................................................................

the judge she is a good woman, and he doesn't feel his son is unsafe around her," said the woman's lawyer, Rickey L. Richardson.

Samantha J. Davis was sentenced to 10 years' probation for cutting off a piece of her son's tongue with hot scissors.

Henry County prosecutors had recommended Samantha J. Davis, 33, serve five years in prison. Instead, she will spend a 60- to 180-day stay in a detention center before going on probation.

Judge Wade Crumbley also ordered her to finish a 26-week parenting class and a nonviolence class and have only supervised visits with her son.

Henry County police said Davis heated a pair of scissors on the stove in August 2004 and held it to her 6-year-old son's neck before cutting off a piece of his tongue as punishment for talking back.

Her estranged husband, Toby Davis of Decatur, reported the injuries to police and she was arrested. The child has been in his father's custody since then.

Davis pleaded guilty in June to two child cruelty charges.

But the state's case was hampered when Toby Davis filed court papers refusing to cooperate with the prosecution and asking that charges

be dropped. The boy also signed an affidavit saying he did not want his mother prosecuted.

Henry District Attorney Tommy Floyd said he didn't know if the father's refusal affected the sentence.
..........................................................................................................

For God's sake, did they really think a little boy like that was mature enough to sign an affidavit....and that he really didn't want his mother prosecuted. What the heck? So what if they had a hard time getting the mom and dad into court...that is what arrest warrents are for and supeona's for pity sake.
Sounds like some darn court run by a bunch of idiots.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back