50,000 Dogs Killed in China

Ntegrity

Former Member
Reaction score
SHANGHAI, China (AP) -- A county in southwestern China has killed as many as 50,000 dogs in a government-ordered campaign following the deaths of three local people from rabies, official media reported on Tuesday.

The five-day massacre in Yunnan province's Mouding county spared only military guard dogs and police canine units, the Shanghai Daily reported, citing local media.

Dogs being walked were taken from their owners and beaten to death on the spot, it said. Other killing teams entered villages at night creating noise to get dogs barking, then homing in on their prey.

More at link

This is disgusting. I can't imagine seeing my beloved pets being beaten to death before my eyes. :furious:

This is barbaric. To beat an animal to death is just disgusting. They couldn't think to test animals, quarintine animals, etc?

It seems like this method of killing the poor animals would spread the virus instead of contain it!!

Ntegrity said:
This is disgusting. I can't imagine seeing my beloved pets being beaten to death before my eyes. :furious:

I thought the same thing when I read that.

That is horrible! Why not make laws stating that pet owners must vaccinate their dogs? Rabies shots are dirt cheap and would completely solve this problem. That is one of the worst things I have heard regarding animals. I am sure glad that my little shi'tzu is American!

China sucks....oh, can I say that....? :eek:

Why not give all the dogs rabie shots.......daaa

I am not gonna sugar coat this.........Damn Commnunist Assholes!!!:furious: :furious: :furious: If one of those idiots were standing in front of me right now I would beat them to death myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There needs to be letters written, newspaper articles, tv coverage to shame those bastards over there. :furious: :furious: :furious: Let's see if PETA will do anything about this. Since it isn't a company they can extort money out of I doubt it. :snooty:

There's another article here that talks about PETA urging a boycott against China. I don't often agree with PETA's tactics, but I'll go along with their suggestion on this one. ;)

WARNING: That link also has a photo of a dead dog being thrown into a collection truck. :(

kgeaux said:
This is barbaric. To beat an animal to death is just disgusting. They couldn't think to test animals, quarintine animals, etc?
China isn't as wealthy as we are on that level. And they don't allow their populace to arm themselves, so the means of disposing of the animals is somewhat limited. I've had friends who lived in Mainland China for awhile and they reported that the West have no clear idea just how isolated/technologically backward most of the provinces are.

BillyGoatGruff said:
China isn't as wealthy as we are on that level. And they don't allow their populace to arm themselves, so the means of disposing of the animals is somewhat limited. I've had friends who lived in Mainland China for awhile and they reported that the West have no clear idea just how isolated/technologically backward most of the provinces are.

I was just going to say the same thing BGG...we here have no real feel for what the average Chinese life is like. My BIL goes there for Intel quite a bit, and goes to some of the more rural areas where some testing is done, because it is not subject to any electrical interference etc.

He hates it. He hates to see how the people live and to them it is normal.
And the food markets...you don't even want to get started on that one,
trust me.....

The general population has very little, and there are SO MANY people, that vaccines for the animals is a luxury, if it were even available at all.
I hate hearing this too, and am going to go hug my doggie right now....

Lynie

spclk said:
That is horrible! Why not make laws stating that pet owners must vaccinate their dogs? Rabies shots are dirt cheap and would completely solve this problem. That is one of the worst things I have heard regarding animals. I am sure glad that my little shi'tzu is American!
hahaha, funny!
Mine's an Aussie so she's safe too lol
Normally they eat them lol, sorry :p couldn't help myself!

Why did they beat them to death, I can't believe that, so many of them too.
They're a very unfeeling bunch the Chinese.

This is absolutely horrible! After reading this I will boycott buying any products made in China!:mad:

BillyGoatGruff said:
I do not care how poor a country is....for somone to think that it is okay to beat an animal to death in absolutely inexcuseable. Someone who will do this has no empathy for any other living creature and the fact that this is deemed okay by local leaders within a country says a lot about the country.

Blondieskatz said:
This is absolutely horrible! After reading this I will boycott buying any products made in China!:mad:
I am with you. I will look high and low now before I purchase anything that says made in China from now on. If it's something I can go without and there is no alternative then I will go without.

Beating dogs to death and eating them is common in some of the Asian countries. They believe the adrenaline released during the beating makes the dog meat into an aphrodisiac. Personaly, I hope their dicks rot off. This is barbaric beyond words. :sick:

Ntegrity said:
Beating dogs to death and eating them is common in some of the Asian countries. They believe the adrenaline released during the beating makes the dog meat into an aphrodisiac. Personaly, I hope their dicks rot off. This is barbaric beyond words. :sick:

Here, Here! Truly sad and disgusting. I'm sorry, I understand the country is poor but if the animals had to be destroyed, aren't there are other ways?!?! This is just barbaric. I just cannot allow my mind to go to far into this. :furious:

Ntegrity said:

Dogs are wonderful; I love my two doggies; I just spent $500 trying to diagnose my elderly half-schnauzer heart problems.

Difference in cultures I guess. :eek:

curious1 said:
I am with you. I will look high and low now before I purchase anything that says made in China from now on. If it's something I can go without and there is no alternative then I will go without.
Good Luck.
Not sure what it's like there, but just about everything is made in China these days.
I received a gift from the states not so long ago, and it was made in China!

curious1 said:
I do not care how poor a country is....for somone to think that it is okay to beat an animal to death in absolutely inexcuseable. Someone who will do this has no empathy for any other living creature and the fact that this is deemed okay by local leaders within a country says a lot about the country.
''Dude. They expose their surplus female children on river banks. WTF do dogs or any animal mean in that kind of world? In many ways its still the 19th Century over there.

curious1 said:
So, the fact every other product in China is made with political prisoner labor isn't enough to get Americans to boycott Chinese products but this is? See? This is what's wrong with us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back