Maria Osmond Hospitalized

southcitymom

Reaction score
Website
www.janicefahy.com
I hope that she is okay. It is so sad that people who seem to have everything still are unhappy with their lives.

nanandjim said:
I hope that she is okay. It is so sad that people who seem to have everything still are unhappy with their lives.

Back in the 70s she was my hero. i'm sure i could still sing
Paper Roses all the way through and pretend i was her.

i understand she had an upset when her daughter posted some internet sex talk on myspace, or someplace?

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/100092004.htm

she's got some 'problems'...she was acting very wacky, not too long ago, on Larry King's show, imo .... if i'm not mistaken, she's suffers from depression too....not a fan of hers, but i do hope she'll be ok....

And some years back she had questionable plastic surgery.

that would depress me, for sure.

She also suffers from sexual abuse as a child. And I think she's really missed her mom since she passed away. That and depression will do a number on you. I saw her interviewed recently with Donny (forget who did the interview, but it wasn't LK), and she acted a bit odd in that interview, too. I feel very sad for her and hope that she wins against the fight with whatever demons reside within her.

i think her husband is struggling with a very serious disease "giants" disease and i believe its life-threatening. maybe that, the kids on the MYSPACE, the loss of her mom and the burning down on her house by her kids, well, that would put me over the edge

HeartofTexas said:
She also suffers from sexual abuse as a child. And I think she's really missed her mom since she passed away. That and depression will do a number on you. I saw her interviewed recently with Donny (forget who did the interview, but it wasn't LK), and she acted a bit odd in that interview, too. I feel very sad for her and hope that she wins against the fight with whatever demons reside within her.

Who sexually abused her? Not her dad, I hope???

I pray she'll be okay. This is a truly good person who has been dealt blow after blow. I'm all for her cleaning up the Internet and MySpace!!

No, not her dad. She never named names but it was people connected to her work as a child, back when Donny and Marie were touring, doing TV shows, albums, etc. She talked about it several times after the disclosure of her depression. I guess it could have been almost anyone... choreographers, managers, etc. Like I said, she has refused to name names.

HeartofTexas said:
No, not her dad. She never named names but it was people connected to her work as a child, back when Donny and Marie were touring, doing TV shows, albums, etc. She talked about it several times after the disclosure of her depression. I guess it could have been almost anyone... choreographers, managers, etc. Like I said, she has refused to name names.

Thank God. I always thought they had such a good family life. Poor Marie, though. I'm glad she has all her brothers to lean on...I wonder how her husband is doing wil his illness? I really hope Marie didn't try to kill herself.

If she was taking some sort of medication that isn't a sleeping medication or a narcotic, why not tell the world what to be careful of? What kind of "medication" not taken to excess would lead one to blackout? If it was just a run of the mill medication, like say, high blood pressure medication, why not just say what it was? I think they're hiding something.

Jeana (DP) said:
If she was taking some sort of medication that isn't a sleeping medication or a narcotic, why not tell the world what to be careful of? What kind of "medication" not taken to excess would lead one to blackout? If it was just a run of the mill medication, like say, high blood pressure medication, why not just say what it was? I think they're hiding something.
I'm with you, Jeana. This is spin and they are hiding something. She has suffered from depression and a number of other tragic life circumstances and, in some way, she doesn't seem all there.

Prayers to her and her family.

Jeana (DP) said:

most likely, the fact that she tried to commit suicide, imo....

EnglishLeigh, here's something from a LKL transcript from August, 2004 that briefly discusses her sexual abuse:

KING: We're back with Marie Osmond. In her 2001 book, "Behind The Smile: My Journey Out Of Postpartum Depression," she talked for the first time about being sexually abused as a child. Do you ever get over that?

M. OSMOND: I think it's one of the most...

KING: You never named who it was, right? And you still don't.

M. OSMOND: Or were.

KING: Or were.

M. OSMOND: No. That wasn't why I came out with it. I don't think that's necessary. I think it's one of the most sick things that can happen to a person, because it robs you of your boundaries. It robs you of natural thinking. It's like for to you make a decision or whatever, it's a natural -- I'm not a psychologist nor do I claim to analyze it. But for you to say, no would be automatic, for somebody who has been abused, you have to really sit and think about it.

KING: Really?

M. OSMOND: Yes. It's a real...

KING: So it never leaves you.

M. OSMOND: Well, I think, the scars are very deep. I believe in healing. I think that I'm doing fine. But I think, periodically, things creep up, insecurities. I think it's horrible.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0408/07/lkl.01.html

Sounds like she might be overwhelmed with problems with her daughters and husbands health problem.

She could have combined alcohol with some drugs, like antidepressants or sleeping pills. I would think though, since she spent two days in the hospital, something pretty serious happened.

These days you can't get into the hospital unless you're dying. Everything else is "outpatient". Of course exceptions are made for celebrities I imagine.

I think like Martha does, it had to of been something fairly serious to stay in the hospital.

Marthatex said:
Sounds like she might be overwhelmed with problems with her daughters and husbands health problem.

She could have combined alcohol with some drugs, like antidepressants or sleeping pills. I would think though, since she spent two days in the hospital, something pretty serious happened.

These days you can't get into the hospital unless you're dying. Everything else is "outpatient". Of course exceptions are made for celebrities I imagine.

She doesn't drink alcohol, never has. But she could have tried to overdose as she tried that once before. But she was very open about it. I would imagine she would be open about it again and not try to hide because she wants people to be aware of depression. I'm betting that it truly was an interaction to something. Who knows.

Anngelique said:
She doesn't drink alcohol, never has. But she could have tried to overdose as she tried that once before. But she was very open about it. I would imagine she would be open about it again and not try to hide because she wants people to be aware of depression. I'm betting that it truly was an interaction to something. Who knows.
I'm with you on this Anngelique.
For once you and I finally agree on something..heehheehheehhee:D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cakelady2469