MI MI - Raven Jeffries, 7, Detroit, 4 August 2006

Rle7

Reaction score
An Amber Alert has been issued for a seven-year-old girl last seen about 8 p.m. Friday at her home on the city's west side.

Raven Jeffries was last seen going outside her home at 6595 McDonald near Wyoming and Warren by her 19-year-old brother, Detroit Police said. Investigators have talked with the brother and say he des not appear to be a suspect.

Raven is about four feet, two inches tall and weighs 65 pounds. She is African American with brown hair and eyes and a birthmark on the left side of her midsection.

She was wearing a pink T-shirt, light blue pajama pants and flip-flop sandals with flowers.

Anyone with information should call 911 or Detroit Police at (313) 596-5300.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060805/UPDATE/608050418

I hope they've checked all the neighbors. I just hate it when they find the child two houses away a month later, and they've been there the entire time. Not saying this is what happened, I just hope they've checked.

There is a registered sex offender living at 6607 MCDONALD ST DETROIT, MI 48210Raven's address is 6595 McDonald St. That is awfully close. I hope that LE has talked to him. Here is the link for the listings http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowList.asp

There are 40 within a mile of her residence.

Lets hope this little sweetie is found alive and well. I cant believe the USA is fortunate enough to be able to literally type in their adress and it'll bring you up a list of paedophiles addresses. Unless I am mistaken there is not that facility in the UK - what a shame.

Does anyone know if they've cancelled the amber alert? On clickondetroit.com they don't have anything listed about the amber alert, just that they have now called in the FBI. This is a couple miles South of me (I'm in the suburbs just north of Detroit) and I haven't been seeing any updates or really much period on the local news stations about this little girl. I see that's it is still listed on the State of Michigan website as an amber alert, just wondering why the local news (channel 4) doesn't have it as an amber alert!?!

In order for an Amber Alert to be issued, doesn't there have to be a viewed abduction?

I can't find any update info on Raven. Are there searches going on or what? All that I can find is the initial Amber Alert.

I've seen nothing posted throughout the neighborhood, nor heard of any type of formal nor informal searching going on- I'll watch the 11 oclock news for an update and post if there is anything.

Was down 8 mile earlier, nothing out of the ordinary (signs, flyers, etc) so not quite sure what's going on.

JinxieJada said:
I've seen nothing posted throughout the neighborhood, nor heard of any type of formal nor informal searching going on- I'll watch the 11 oclock news for an update and post if there is anything.

Was down 8 mile earlier, nothing out of the ordinary (signs, flyers, etc) so not quite sure what's going on.
Raven Jeffries is the top story on WXYZ in Detroit for tonight. Netcast here:

http://www.detnow.com/wxyz/home/0,2132,WXYZ_15920,00.html

The video shows family and neighbors posting flyers around the neighborhood. Raven is still missing.

OK I must be blind. I can't find the video about Raven at the above link.

Shadow205 said:
OK I must be blind. I can't find the video about Raven at the above link.
The video requires a Flash 8 Player. There's a link on that page to install it for free.

bykerladi said:
In order for an Amber Alert to be issued, doesn't there have to be a viewed abduction?

I always thought so too, but geesh sometimes it just seems like it is at the whim of whatever LE agency is in charge. Earlier this summer, those two boys from Terre Haute were abducted at knifepoint by their father, and the LE said they didn't feel like an Amber Alert was warranted! :doh: One boy ended up dead at the hands of his father, and the other child was seriously wounded.

I sure hope this little girl is found safe and well.

I believe it depends on the LE in whatever town a child goes missing. Some won't put out the alert unless they know the make of vehicle, etc, etc. Some will go ahead if they take the parents word that the child just vanished like this cute little girl.

I think that LE should be allowed to enter homes of neighbors of missing children and of the registered sex offenders around that child's home. They shouldn't have to wait for a warrent. If a person has nothing to hide there should be no problem letting LE in to look around. If they won't let them in then they should legally be allowed to enter anyway. Think Jessica Lunsford.
Because LE can't go inside without a warrent or being invited the person at the door can say "haven't seen any kid" and that is that.

I hope this little girl is found safe and sound. Seems like these little kids just disappear one after the other. We just buried Destiny. This little one has to be found...time is slipping away. Destiny was found right behind her own home and it is believed that a neighbor murdered Amber Harris. Prayers for this cuties family and friends.

They said on the news this morning that she may have been wearing a blue shirt, not a pink one. Also, they are now calling her "mixed-race" not african american.

LE has been interviewing all sex offenders in the area. they also said some searches are going on door to door. Channel 4 here in Detroit had this all over the news this morning since she still hasn't been found. They have a 24 hour hotline for tips set up. I think LE is running out of leads.

palmerk said:
They said on the news this morning that she may have been wearing a blue shirt, not a pink one. Also, they are now calling her "mixed-race" not african american.

LE has been interviewing all sex offenders in the area. they also said some searches are going on door to door. Channel 4 here in Detroit had this all over the news this morning since she still hasn't been found. They have a 24 hour hotline for tips set up. I think LE is running out of leads.
I found 40 registered sexual offenders listed within a mile of Ravens house. The one that I mentioned in post #5 lives real close to her. I have a feeling that this is going to be just like little Destiny.

My apologies, found out that channel 4's website doesn't do much updating (if any) during the weekend.

Her brother, David, asked her to stay on the porch while he went down the street, the mother said.Her mother thought she was at a neighbors house, until they could not find her.Police spent the weekend using tracking dogs, searching abandoned homes, woods and waterways in Southwest Detroit.
Does anyone else seem to notice that children seem to disappear in a spurt after a televised missing/found situation? I am in NO way stating people do not go missing on a daily basis, we all know the fact(s) to that one, just that it seems to be a rapid succession of multiple cases after a widely televised case.

Channel 2 in my area (about 60 miles north of Detroit) had the Amber Alert crawl across the screen all day yesterday.

Raven's mother is white. According to the report on yesterday's news, Raven was wearing a blue button up shirt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back