Man Steals Dump Truck to make Beer Run

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Beer, dump truck, big pile of trouble

Stafford authorities say they stopped a dump truck that had been reported stolen and received an unusual explanation.

A twice-convicted drunken driver accused of stealing a dump truck in Stafford County told deputies he did it because he had to make a beer run.

Officers found Budweiser on the seat of the 1999 Ford F550 dump truck after stopping the driver Wednesday afternoon on Courthouse Road in front of Brooke Point High School, sheriff's Capt. David Roderick said.

Culpeper resident Christopher Duane Walker, 33, of Clayhill Road in Lignum was charged with grand larceny, drunken driving, DUI as a second or third offense in 10 years, driving after being judged an habitual offender and driving on a revoked license, Roderick said.

Authorities were on the lookout for the dump truck after a construction worker flagged down Deputy J.B. Walker about 3 p.m.

The man said he'd left the work site on Ram Court off Brooke Road in his personal vehicle. On the way back, he saw his dump truck speeding past on Brooke Road, Roderick said.

The worker said he'd left the keys in the ashtray and the truck unlocked.

Walker broadcast a description of the truck and seconds later, deputies spotted it headed back toward the construction site.

Full Story from Fresricksburg

I remember some time ago, I think two years ago, some guy in our town was at the local 7-11 and stole a whole beer truck. As I remember it, he drove several miles down the interstate before crashing into another car. Beer was everywhere. I think he only got Community Service though.

some guy here in Canada stole a farm machine (? tractor or swather) and drove it 1600 miles across the country at the high speed of 15 miles per hour. It took him about 9 days but he reached his family. He said he was homesick and missed seeing them at Christmas.

Sounds like this beer guy could be his brother!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back