Four penguins die after truckload of penguins spill on highway

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
So sad .... :(

Marshall, Texas - A truck carrying penguins from the Indianapolis Zoo overturned on a Texas highway today, killing four of the flightless birds.

The semitrailer truck was carrying penguins, exotic fish and birds to the Galveston Zoo when the accident happened on a highway eight miles north of Marshall, Texas.

The Texas Department of Public Safety says one penguin and all of the fish died in the accident, and three more penguins were run over by passing cars.

More: http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=5254895&nav=menu188_1

That is horribly sad, but can you just imagine coming home and trying to tell your husband that you hit a penquin on the freeway?

I just love penguins. Just love 'em. So cute, so sweet. And cars just ran over them :(
I know it's hard not to when they fall onto a busy street, but it just hurts me to think of what they all went through, tumbling to the ground.
:(

Poor little Penguins! They are so cute! My kids and I loved "March of the Penguins"...well except the part where the sea lion gets a baby penguin. My son was so mad. He's only 6 years old and he was going to kill all sea lions until he saw a shark later on "Shark Week" get a baby sea lion....then he was going to kill all sharks. Though he couldn't really kill a thing! He's such a softie towards animals. He gets so angry at nature sometimes....and I totally understand that. Anyway....have any of y'all seen the movie? It's a great documentary. Life is tough for them but what tenacious little souls they are!

I feel so bad for these guys...:(

ember said:
Poor little Penguins! They are so cute! My kids and I loved "March of the Penguins"...well except the part where the sea lion gets a baby penguin. My son was so mad. He's only 6 years old and he was going to kill all sea lions until he saw a shark later on "Shark Week" get a baby sea lion....then he was going to kill all sharks. Though he couldn't really kill a thing! He's such a softie towards animals. He gets so angry at nature sometimes....and I totally understand that. Anyway....have any of y'all seen the movie? It's a great documentary. Life is tough for them but what tenacious little souls they are!

I feel so bad for these guys...:(
I haven't seen the movie but I want to!
When I visit our local zoo, I always love looking at the penguins and the seals, too. The monkeys are always a site too.
It's just so funny how some animals have very human tendencies ... or maybe we have animal tendencies :p

Kind of brings to mind a paraphrase of "Weird Scenes Inside the Gold Mine", only its dead penguins and not Indians.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back