Giant panda gives birth to giant cub: Pictures included (so cute!)

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Hi all! I didn't see this posted anywhere and after doing a search on the topic, I thought there must not be a thread on this yet. Sorry if I am wrong!

You have to see this slide show.... lots of panda pictures.
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/sc/071805pandabears/im:/060808/photos_ts/2006_08_08t024447_450x401_us_china_panda;_ylt=AjfVRRu3aLYHLsZO1I0ullrmWMcF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

Don't be mistaken, though. when you look at the picture, there appears to be two little eyes and a nose, but after looking more closely -- and I think this is correct -- you're just looking at it's mouth and two nostrils. :)
Maybe you will see it right the first time and I am just a dork!!

The story is here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/china_panda_dc

I just love animals :)

PrayersForMaura said:
Hi all! I didn't see this posted anywhere and after doing a search on the topic, I thought there must not be a thread on this yet. Sorry if I am wrong!

You have to see this slide show.... lots of panda pictures.
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/sc/071805pandabears/im:/060808/photos_ts/2006_08_08t024447_450x401_us_china_panda;_ylt=AjfVRRu3aLYHLsZO1I0ullrmWMcF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

Don't be mistaken, though. when you look at the picture, there appears to be two little eyes and a nose, but after looking more closely -- and I think this is correct -- you're just looking at it's mouth and two nostrils. :)
Maybe you will see it right the first time and I am just a dork!!

The story is here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/china_panda_dc

I just love animals :)
Well now that is just precious!

Aren't they just precious. A little bit of life affirmation after that poor penguin story. The circle of life.

In picture #5 it looks like she is using her cub for dental floss!:eek:

Hope she doesn't bite down too hard. lol

How CUTE :p I love pandas...

I think its nose and mouth and his little eyes are still closed :)

TOO cute :)

Aren't they dolls! They have such soulful eyes....

AND this time, I second what Curious said!

I'm just jumping on the panda love train. They are truly a passion of mine. I LOVE them to pieces. I'm currently obsessed with Tai Shan and Su Lin, the two cubs that we have in the US. :crazy: I know, I'm a little crazy.

Sorry, I think that they are ugly at this point! Of course, they will be a little cuter in the months to come!!

Awww how anyone could think that was ugly .....it was absolutely too cute for words!!
I had no idea how small they are when they are born!
Thanks PFM :)

narlacat said:
Awww how anyone could think that was ugly .....it was absolutely too cute for words!!
I had no idea how small they are when they are born!
Thanks PFM :)

Narlacat...That is what surprised me also, they are soooo tiny! I never imagined a bear that big having such tiny babies. Labor must be pretty easy!

There is an excellent show on Animal Planet called "A Panda is Born". It chronicles the pregnancy and birth of the National Zoo's panda couple Mei Xiang and Tian Tian's cub Tai Shan. He's so small, he just pops out of her and literally hits a wall. The mom, Mei Xiang, is quite surprised to see him and since it's her first cub, she's a little unsure of what to do.

KrisNine said:
There is an excellent show on Animal Planet called "A Panda is Born". It chronicles the pregnancy and birth of the National Zoo's panda couple Mei Xiang and Tian Tian's cub Tai Shan. He's so small, he just pops out of her and literally hits a wall. The mom, Mei Xiang, is quite surprised to see him and since it's her first cub, she's a little unsure of what to do.

I'd love to see that, sounds very interesting. Why cant all births be so easy?

They can, just have a caesarian!
I didn't feel a thing lol.

KrisNine
Not sure if we get Animal Planet, but will look out for it.
I hope Mum Mei Xiang works out what to do with bubby :)

narlacat said:
They can, just have a caesarian!
I didn't feel a thing lol.

KrisNine
Not sure if we get Animal Planet, but will look out for it.
I hope Mum Mei Xiang works out what to do with bubby :)
Narlacat, Mei Xiang has done a wonderful job. Her baby boy, Tai Shan, turned 1 year old on July 9. He now weighs in at a healthy 62 pounds :) Take a look...
http://www.hankinslawrenceimages.com/pandacub/taishan3.htm

That is so cute:)

I was fortunate enough to go and see a real live little baby panda at the San Diego Zoo once, she was such a cute little roly poly black and white ball.

Krisnine, thanks so much for the link to those pics of Tai and family...I am a fellow pandaholic thanks in large part to Casshew (hi Cassie!~) posting a pic and link to an adorable 10 month old Tai Shan. Then I found the panda cams at the National Zoo and San Diego, and became a hardcore pandaholic. I would love to hear anyone's stories of seeing pandas in person, as I have not yet had the honour. Birdie, was it recently when you saw the San Diego girl cub, or maybe a few years back? Sounds like if it was within the past few months, it was sweet Su Lin. If it was a few years back, it must have been the very first panda cub to survive in the US, Hua Mei! Both she and her half sister Su Lin are born from the same wonderful mom, Bai Yun. She also is mom to a terrific 3 year old son, Mei Sheng. Learning about and watching pandas has greatly enriched my life! These are truly magical bears.....

libraryg said:
Krisnine, thanks so much for the link to those pics of Tai and family...I am a fellow pandaholic thanks in large part to Casshew (hi Cassie!~) posting a pic and link to an adorable 10 month old Tai Shan. Then I found the panda cams at the National Zoo and San Diego, and became a hardcore pandaholic. I would love to hear anyone's stories of seeing pandas in person, as I have not yet had the honour. Birdie, was it recently when you saw the San Diego girl cub, or maybe a few years back? Sounds like if it was within the past few months, it was sweet Su Lin. If it was a few years back, it must have been the very first panda cub to survive in the US, Hua Mei! Both she and her half sister Su Lin are born from the same wonderful mom, Bai Yun. She also is mom to a terrific 3 year old son, Mei Sheng. Learning about and watching pandas has greatly enriched my life! These are truly magical bears.....
Libraryg - I've been lucky enough to see two of the US panda families in person (or in panda). I live close to San Diego, so I get to see Su Lin and her family often. Also, I grew up in the MD/DC area, so when I get home to visit family, I get to visit the NZ panda family too :) I have about 1000 pictures of my own. Check your pm. I guess I'm a pandaholic too :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back