UK - House searched for bodies of missing children

missacorah

Reaction score
Sorry I dont know how to post links but this news has been on the news in the Uk today and has sent a shiver down my spine!

A house in Croydon near London is being searched today for the remains of at least 2 childrens bodies.

An anonymous tip off was received by police last year but it has taken police till now to find the writer of the anonymous letter and thus begin work on it.

The current tenant of the house is in jail since 2004 on paedophile charges and it is thought the crimes were committed before he moved in there.However police are looking into the possibility that he may have had connections to the house befor he moved in there as other children, now grown have complained they suffered abuse from a few different adults at the house, its thought that the crimes could date back to 40 years ago!

It turned out the tip off came from one of the suspected paedophiles own grown up son!

It reminds me of the Fred and Rose West case as they were initially loooking for A body there and ended up finding loads.

www.thesun.co.uk will provide you with info and photos ( dunno if this is how you post a link? Probably not knowing my compueer skills!)

This story is evil personified and chills me to the bone:

"He was always so friendly with my son," she said. "He used to wave at him from his garden."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/crime/article/0,,1840277,00.html

Detective Chief Inspector Mark Stockford of Croydon police said he was ruling nothing in and nothing out. He said police had been alerted to the possibility that bodies may be buried in the garden by an anonymous letter 12 months ago. Forensic checks had been made on the letter to identify the author, who was later interviewed. Further evidence had come to light that had led the police to begin the forensic search of the property. He said fingertip searches would begin today and a forensic archaeologist would prepare for the excavation of the back garden.

Man, oh man - i urge people to read and respond to this vile occurence.

Have there been any updates? Have they actually found any bodies?

I have tried this morning to find out any more details but can find nothing!

Be grateful if anyone can find/post anything please.

A Croydon Police spokeswoman said that forensics teams were still surveying the back garden and added that it could be "weeks" before digging started.

She said: "There is a whole heap of work that needs to be done. We have no idea how long it will take.

"If we find one bone then we have to carry on digging." A Walton Green resident said today scaffolding was being erected by police in the back garden. He added: "They've got skips outside and they're ripping the house apart."

http://snipurl.com/utwb

I wonder why it may be weeks before digging begins? That seems extreme...they've already waited a year after receiving the letter.

SewingDeb said:
I wonder why it may be weeks before digging begins? That seems extreme...they've already waited a year after receiving the letter.
They probably have to get the manpower properly allocated and they will start , no doubt, by stripping the walls to the studs and excavating the basement, looking for hidden rooms and/or caches of photographs, evidence, etc that might have been secreted away in floorboards or behind walls. Once that's done, they'll dig up the garden (plus they have to make sure the gas, water, electrical & sewage lines as properly marked and shut down before doing so). Things are packed in a lot more tightly over there than in the US, or even Europe.

BillyGoatGruff said:
They probably have to get the manpower properly allocated and they will start , no doubt, by stripping the walls to the studs and excavating the basement, looking for hidden rooms and/or caches of photographs, evidence, etc that might have been secreted away in floorboards or behind walls. Once that's done, they'll dig up the garden (plus they have to make sure the gas, water, electrical & sewage lines as properly marked and shut down before doing so). Things are packed in a lot more tightly over there than in the US, or even Europe.

Thanks for the information.

From an article in The Sun:

The Sun exclusively revealed last week that the former home of jailed pervert Leslie Ford-Thrussell, 72, was at the centre of a possible murder probe.

Stephen Dedman, who died in the 1980s and lived there before Ford-Thrussell, has also been accused of abusing children — as has a third person we cannot name.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm just wondering - why couldn't they name the third person? The only reason that comes to mind immediately is that this person is a minor - can there be anything else?

Also - pardon my ignorance - but what is a "skip"? Am I correct in assuming it's a garbage truck of some sort?

Yes you are on the right lines. A skip is like a large refuse container that you might hire out if you were moving etc. Its placed outside your home and you fill it then its taken away and collected for you.

missacorah said:
Yes you are on the right lines. A skip is like a large refuse container that you might hire out if you were moving etc. Its placed outside your home and you fill it then its taken away and collected for you.

Cool - thanks!

I wonder about that third person, too. In one of the articles it stated it is a man. Before that I wondered if it was the wife of those two men who are named.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back