Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/61dfnm.html

Anthonette Christine Cayedito
Missing since April 6, 1986 from Gallup, McKinley County, New Mexico
Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: December 25, 1976
Age at Time of Disappearance: 9 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'7; 55 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White/Hispanic female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Moles on her right cheek, nose, ankle and back. She has scars on her knee and lip.
<LI>Clothing: A knee-length pink nightgown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Cayedito was last seen on April 6, 1986 in her family's Gallup, New Mexico home. Her sister told authorities that Cayedito opened the front door after an unidentified male knocked at approximately 3:00 AM. Her sister reported that the man claimed to be their Uncle Joe. He allegedly grabbed Cayedito as she opened the door and forced her into a vehicle. Authorities questioned Cayedito's uncle regarding her disappearance, but he is not considered a suspect and was never thought to be involved in her abduction. Cayedito has never been heard from again. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.

I was reading about this little girl the other day. Its like something from a horror film, her being grabbed in the night like that.

Got this from Meggily Weggilys site www.charleyproject.org

"There were several possible sightings of her in the days after her disappearance; she was allegedly seen at a restaurant with a man and kept dropping her fork. After the girl and the man left, someone found a note from the girl asking for help and the police. It has not been confirmed that the girl in the restaurant was Cayedito."

Bumping.

It says on the Unsolved Mysteries website that a year after she was abducted a girl claiming to be her called 911, screaming her name into the phone. The dispatcher asked her where she was but before she could answer a man got on the phone and ended the call. That was the last Anthonette was heard from. Her mother feels certain it was her little girl on the 911 call. The call went into the Gallyup, NM 911 center so if it was her that means she was still in the area.

I fear whoever tool Anthonette got more than they bargained for and probably ended up killing her. At least twice that we know of she tried to get help and at some point her abductor probably viewed her as a liability. Although cases like Jaycee Duggard give us hope.
http://www.unsolved.com/ajaxfiles/mis_anthonette_cayedito.htm

I wonder why they think she was killed? Do they think she was immediately killed, or do they think it was later? I always thought that it probably was her on the telephone when the mother received the call from Albuquerque, but that the little girl probably wouldn't have survived long after that.

The sighting in the restaurant was intriguing, but I'm not convinced the girl was Anthonette. She wrote "Help Me" (or something similar) on a napkin, but why not write her name, or her phone number, or something to give the waitress a clue. I think that A) it was a kid messing with the waitress or B) it was unrelated to Anthonette's case.

I wondered that too Mr.E

I couldn't find any more info than that unfortunately. I'll keep looking.

From what I recall on the UM episode, the police played the tape of the phone call to her mother and she was convinced it was her daughter by the way she pronounced their last name, Cayedito, being heavily accented the same exact way her daughter did.

I tend to agree with most though in that she probably did become too much of a liability and was possibly killed soon after her contacts. Then again, she could have easily been taken to Mexico and God knows what could have happened there.

Does anyone know if there has been any progress in the case since LE started considering Anthonette might have been killed? Her story has always bothered me, perhaps because she was close to my age when went missing. I was thinking about her this morning and started to wonder if she was ever truly abducted. After reading that LE thinks she might have been killed, I was wondering if they think her family is involved. I recall having seen Anthonette's segment on UM multiple times. Her mother always seemed very sincere to me. Anthonette is one of the cases I just can't seem to shake.

I'm wondering if her family has ever contacted any medicine man/woman to "see" what might have happened to her. Being of native heritage I'm sure that one or more has been contacted. I live about 30 miles from this place and i've never forgotten about Anthonette and hoped that one day she will be returned to her family.

I wonder why they think she was killed? Do they think she was immediately killed, or do they think it was later? I always thought that it probably was her on the telephone when the mother received the call from Albuquerque, but that the little girl probably wouldn't have survived long after that.

The sighting in the restaurant was intriguing, but I'm not convinced the girl was Anthonette. She wrote "Help Me" (or something similar) on a napkin, but why not write her name, or her phone number, or something to give the waitress a clue. I think that A) it was a kid messing with the waitress or B) it was unrelated to Anthonette's case.

Being 10 by that time, she probably was in fear of her life and took tremendous courage to get something to write with and then to scribble quickly a message on the napkin a message, trying to keep her abductors from seeing her.

I'm wondering if her family has ever contacted any medicine man/woman to "see" what might have happened to her. Being of native heritage I'm sure that one or more has been contacted. I live about 30 miles from this place and i've never forgotten about Anthonette and hoped that one day she will be returned to her family.

If I recall correctly, the Unsolved Mysteries story featured a medicine man. I don't know if I'm allowed to post youtube links but search for it and you'll find it.

I am fairly certain the child who called 911, was not Anthonette. There have been numerous instances where a child disappears, and the case gains publicity. This leads to people playing cruel hoaxes to the family or police, mainly for attention. There is no way the girl in the restaurant is Anthonette.

I have researched this case, and from what insiders are saying is that the mother may have had something to do with Anthonette's disappearance. She failed a lie detector test, and also bought an expensive sports car a week after the child's abduction. Since the family came from a very improvised area of the city, and the mother would never have been able to afford such a nice car on her salary, this raised suspicion from detectives. The mother also contradicted herself numerous times, in statements to the police.

Finally, when detectives found out that Anthonette's mother was dying, they tried to interview her, hoping to get a "death bed confession." It was too late, as the mother passed away rather quickly in the hospital in 1999. Why would the police visit the mother in the hospital, if they didn't think it was an inside job? I think the detectives working on the case realized that the mother knew Anthonette's abductor, and did not want her to take it to her grave.

Being 10 by that time, she probably was in fear of her life and took tremendous courage to get something to write with and then to scribble quickly a message on the napkin a message, trying to keep her abductors from seeing her.

Anthonette was abducted when she was 9 years old. The alleged restaurant sighting happened four years after the disappearance. She would have been 13, not 10. At any rate, I don't think the girl was Anthonette.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back