GUILTY NC - Keligah Randolph, 4, hit by car, Rocky Mount, 12 Aug 2006

mconeal

Reaction score
Here's a story that I saw on the news this morning. I feel so sorry for the mother of this child! Once again here is a child's death where alcohol is involved.

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/news/content/news/stories/2006/08/15/20060815RMTporch.html

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Authorities still are investigating the woman accused of killing a 4-year-old boy by crashing her car into the child's porch this past weekend.

Rocky Mount police and the District Attorney's office are waiting for the investigation to be completed before deciding whether charges will be upgraded against 25-year-old Rebecca Neville.

"We're waiting for the traffic unit to complete their investigation," Rocky Mount police Capt. Martin McCoy said.

Neville is charged with felony death by vehicle and driving while impaired in connection with the early Saturday morning incident that left Keligah Randolph dead. Police charge that Neville crashed her car into the boy's Buena Vista Avenue residence while he and his family were on the front porch.

How awful!

I notice she picked up the kids from daycare even though she was not on the list of those allowed to pick them up. She's drunk and picking up children she's not allowed to pick up? I'm surprised the daycare let her take them. If that's what the argument was about, I sure can't blame the mother. I would be furious!

SewingDeb said:
How awful!

I notice she picked up the kids from daycare even though she was not on the list of those allowed to pick them up. She's drunk and picking up children she's not allowed to pick up? I'm surprised the daycare let her take them. If that's what the argument was about, I sure can't blame the mother. I would be furious!
His decision to upgrade to first degree murder will be made Thursday. I've already decided, however.

GlitchWizard said:
His decision to upgrade to first degree murder will be made Thursday. I've already decided, however.

Same here! This is awful!

Same here!! I'd be pi**ed off with the woman for picking my kids up and I would be pretty upset with the day care also for letting this woman not on my list pick my children up-- let alone picking them up drunk!!!! My heart goes out to their family!!!!!

What was that woman doing going to the day care and picking up the kids of a person that wasn't even a friend or best friend? Did she have kids at the day care? I don't get that. Did the day care provider not even talk to the woman when she picked up the kids? If she had she would have known that she was drinking...she would have smelled it and noticed if she acted wierd
And why did that provider release those kids to that woman when she wasn't on the mom's list? She should get into some big time trouble for that and also because she released 4 children to someone that had been drinking.

She drove into that little boy on purpose. She aimed her car right at him. I wonder what her BA read? To do something like that you have to be crazy or really plastered.

My friend who has done day care for years would kick a person's butt out of her house if they tried to take a kid that wasn't on the pickup list. The ex that murdered my youngest daughter tried to pick up my oldest daughter's son and daughter after my youngest daughter left him and my friend told him to get lost in no uncertain words. Don't know what he thought he was doing but it didn't work. Scary. He murdered my youngest daughter a few months later!

It's hard for me to believe that a daycare would allow an "acquaintance" to pick up the children. :doh: ... I get the feeling there is more to this "relationship" between the mom and the murderer than is being told.

From January 2010:

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/nc-court-of-appeals/1505884.html

In June 2008 Defendant was tried non-capitally for the first-degree murder of the victim...

When Defendant arrived at Randolph's house, the children went inside to go to bed, while Randolph and Defendant stood on Randolph's front porch and argued... Randolph testified that Defendant got back into her car with an “evil” look on her face. Randolph heard Defendant “start the car and throw it in reverse and pull up in [her] yard”... When Randolph saw the victim trying to climb the steps of her front porch, she ran back to the front of the house, but could not get there in time. She heard skidding tires, the car being shifted into reverse, and then a “big thump” as Defendant's car hit the victim, who was at the steps of Randolph's front porch... [H]e suffered very serious injuries and died almost instantly...

The jury returned a verdict of guilty of second-degree murder, and the trial court sentenced Defendant to 120 to 153 months in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back