Arrest Made in JB Murder - Aug 16th, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

scandi

Reaction score
John Ramsey has just announced that LE has made an arrest overseas in the murder of his daughter.

More news to come, no link yet!

Scandi

:eek:

WHOA - where did you hear this??

Not that I'm doubting you, I'm just stunned!

Hi Amandab, I have MSNBC on, watching the Most, and the commentator just announced it. The part about the arrest being overseas sounded like she wasn't too sure about that, but maybe what was written on her Q-card to read.

Sounds interesting that John was the one to announce this instead of the LE agency that made the arrest, don't you think?

Scandi

That is a little bizarre - but then, nothing in this case has ever been normal.

I guess I'll believe it more when someone from LE announces it, rather than John.

You'd think if it was legitimate, and not just something John was saying, the major networks would be all over it......

Yes, that's why I made that comment, unless they so honored him because he is her father.

Someone overseas! Do you know of anyone involved in the case that would be overseas? What about the Apple Dumpling game?

This is HUGE, EARTHSHATTERING AND GROUND BREAKING NEWS acc, to Susan Fieland {sp} on MSNBC.

Now Dan Abrams says they don't know if an arrest has been made but were told by authorities the arrest has been made and an announcement is forthcoming. Unconfirmed acc to Dan Abrams.

Almost 10 years to the day! Means this is an intruder and not a member of the family acc to Dan.

Scandi

ETA: Dan says this is info John was told by LE.

I wonder if it was in the UK? If it was, there will be virtually no details.

I have posted several times about the guy who murdered Caroline Dickson (I forget his name - Francisco or something like that). He had a history of sneaking into homes and assaulting young victims. He also had a history of stalking and of poking around their homes to find out personal information about them. I think he is currently in jail in France though.

An arrest overseas?

You don't think it was someone from the "small foreign faction" do you?
:eek:

scandi said:
Yes, that's why I made that comment, unless they so honored him because he is her father.

Someone overseas! Do you know of anyone involved in the case that would be overseas? What about the Apple Dumpling game?

This is HUGE, EARTHSHATTERING AND GROUND BREAKING NEWS acc, to Susan Fieland {sp} on MSNBC.

Now Dan Abrams says they don't know if an arrest has been made but were told by authorities the arrest has been made and an announcement is forthcoming. Unconfirmed acc to Dan Abrams.

Almost 10 years to the day! Means this is an intruder and not a member of the family acc to Dan.

Scandi
What is the apple dumpling game?

Wow I am really anxious to see how this turns out.

I Googled NEWS about this announcement, of which there was none yet, but the article I pulled up was about the Apple Dumpling Gang who are a team of retired LE investigators who are working on solving 3 or 4 cases in Boulder. I just skimmed it as it was not what I wanted, but I'll go pull it up. I recognized one name of a guy that I think I saw do a special about the case.

Scandi

ETA: Lou Smit is a member of this ADG

Apple Dumpling Gang:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060808/NEWS03/608080318/1002/NEWS

snip
"Three retirees credited with cracking Colorado serial killer case
Suspect confessed to national murder spree that included Red River Parish.
August 8, 2006

The ‘Apple Dumpling Gang’
In 2001, Sheriff Terry Maketa of El Paso County, Colo., gave boxes of cold cases to three volunteer retirees. It turned out to be a smart move. The three men, each with his own talents, drew a string of confessions out of Robert Charles Browne, a 53-year-old convicted killer who claims responsibility for up to 49 murders.

The team:
# Scott Fischer, 60. The “kid” of the operation has 40 years of newspaper experience, from reporter to publisher of The Gazette in Colorado Springs. He says he has admired law enforcement nearly all his life, starting as a teenager photographing murder scenes for his hometown Clovis, N.M., police department. Colleagues value his background in accounting, his newsman’s curiosity and his computer skills.

# Charlie Hess, 79. Hess’ law enforcement career began with the FBI, then private investigations, then the CIA, where he said he took part in the Phoenix Program, an assassination campaign against Viet Cong leaders. He developed keen interrogation skills with the government that his teammates say helped build a rapport with Browne. He says he has never learned to use a computer, and probably never will, but colleagues say he has the sharpest memory they have ever seen.

# Lou Smit, 71. Spent 25 years on the Colorado Springs Police Department, the last 18 in homicide, then five years as a District Attorney’s Office investigator. He theorized that an intruder may have killed JonBenet Ramsey in Boulder, Colo., 10 years ago. His teammates say he is a master organizer with an encyclopedic knowledge of Colorado Springs’ criminal past. Smit says he has a special place in his heart for the victims of unsolved crimes, noting, “Somebody’s got to work on these old cases.”

From Staff, Wire Reports

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- When Sheriff Terry Maketa announced a Colorado inmate was claiming responsibility for a string of bodies across half the country, he proudly credited three retirees with cracking the case.

They have been dubbed "The Apple Dumpling Gang" by admiring members of the El Paso County sheriff's office, but don't confuse the three unpaid volunteers with the bumbling dolts from the Disney movie of the same name".

Scandi

Arrest made in Bankock Thailand this morning acc the the DA's office by KUSA.

The arrest was made in Thailand.

Thanks Scanid - keep me posted about the news bulletins.

If this is true, it will be a joyous day for all of us. Regardless of what anyone's personal theory was - we ALL wanted to see jsutice for Jonbenet :)

(I just wonder how much quicker an arrest would have been made if the Ramseys had simply sat down with police and answered the questions so that the police could move on. What a circus! I just hope there haven't been any more victiims since then).

According to Monica Crowley, suspect arrested in Thailand, confessed to "certain things" that only the killer would know.

BTW, thanks for clearing up the Apple Dumpling Gang. I was thinking of that old Don Knotts movie, but don't mind admitting I was wrong! LOL

kusa.com

The suspect was arrested in Bangkok, Thailand Wednesday morning.

The suspect has confessed to certain elements of the crime that are unknown to the general public.

The suspect is expected to arrive back in the United States, possibly within the next two days, accompanied by an investigator from the Boulder DA's office.

The Boulder County DA's office has not confirmed the identity of the suspect, but is expected to have a press conference later today.

9NEWS.com will live stream the event.

Is there an extradition agreement between Thailand and the US? Could take a while eh?

I just checked CNN - nada!!! GRRRR - why aren't they saying anything? Don't they know impatient people like me are waiting on pins & needles??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17