GUILTY MI - Travis Lane, 21, Kalamazoo, 14 January 2004

An unidentified and mutilated male body was discovered in a wooded area in the 3300 block of South Westnedge Avenue on Saturday, marking the first homicide of 2004 in Kalamazoo.
http://www.westernherald.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/01/20/400c926225979

Police in Kalamazoo are searching for a killer at a bizarre murder scene. The brutalized body of a young man was found Saturday. Authorities say it might be the body of Travis Lane, who disappeared Wednesday. Now police are sending a message to the killer.
http://fox17.trb.com/news/011804-wxmi-dismembered,0,5680828.story

the police should know that someone that did a crime like that sure ain't gonna step up to the plate. " yea just call us and we will talk" It sure is a sad world with all of these people disappearing and dieing. what a tragedy.

I suppose it could have been asphyxiation. If the head is missing, you might not see evidence of that. Obviously, the head, hands and, most likely, feet are missing, or they could have ID'd him by now.

True, it could also have been due to someone chopping off his head. They haven't said how much blood was around where he was dumped, but they do say "dumped". Means he was killed somewhere else, and wherever that is, there would have been a lot of blood. I hope they do the house to house search, like they did in the Holly Jones case in Canada. That really worked in that case.

The body that was found was ID'd last weds. as Travis Lane. The police are looking for Jeremy Russell also 21 who went to school with Travis. They believe Russell is trying to leave the country. They do know he registered Travis's jeep in Florida and is using Travis's ID. The body was dumped very close to an apt complex on Duke Street. Russell lived with his parents in their house on Duke right next to the entrance of the apts. Basically Russell dumped Travis in his own backyard.
I live in kalamazoo I am just amazed that this kid had the nerve to dump a body where he did..it is a very public open area

Thank you for the report. Everything I have seen in the paper kept saying he had not been ID'd, and there there were no suspects. Was the police department trying to keep from scaring off the perp?

Makes you wonder why. Was is an arguement that got out of hand? Was Russell in need of money and Travis said no? Was is a romantic thing between them gone sour? Or fighting over a girl? Just weird.

Please let me know if you find out anything more. The stories where people disappear out of their houses are the ones I am most interested in. Gives me some ideas of how to safeguard my own.

I'll keep posting as more becomes available. If the police have any idea of what the motive was they aren't saying. Yesterday it was reported that Russell had been making inquiries about geting to Aruba. Travis's family was notified it was him on Weds. and it came out on the news Thurs morning. They said the suspect was identified by a latent fingerprint but didn't say where they foung the print. Could it have been lifted from the body? The body was frozen when found so it was a couple of days before they could do anything with it. It's so frustrating I live right here in town and can't get info. The police are being very stingy with it. I'll keep you posted.

Hammerized said:
Man sought in dismemberment murder case
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](photo of suspect and tag # for vehicle included)[/font]

http://www.wwmt.com/engine.pl?station=wwmt&id=6428&template=breakout_local.html

Murder suspect is making a dash for Aruba, police believe

http://www.wwmt.com/engine.pl?station=wwmt&id=6454&template=breakout_local.html

Jeremy Russell was arrested today in Aruba. I don't know how to do links but you can probably read the reports on the link in the above post.

Jeremy Russell was arraigned on one charge of open murder and held without bail yesterday. He arrived back in Kalamazoo late Sunday night. His prelim is scheduled for March 30. If I'm off that day I'm going to try and attend. Will let you know if I'm able to go.

please give us an update after you attend... thank you

The man accused of killing and beheading a Kalamazoo man is back in West Michigan.

Jeremy Russell was in the same courtroom as the family of the victim, Travis Lane. There was a tense moment at the end of the hearing when Travis Lane's father stood up and wanted to look into Jeremy Russell's eyes, but Russell kept his head down.
http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1715124&nav=0RceLZCA

Strangely enough, I have been getting sympathy mail and PM's on this case. Someone is spreading a rumor I am the sister of Travis Lane.

Let me assure you, I am not a relative of this family.

By the grace of God, my family are all alive and well at home in Texas.

Your kind letters and PM's make me smile and also somewhat sad, as whoever would start such a rumor is the one who needs our attention now.

If someone knows how this rumor got started, please notify me, as I am incredibly curious now.

Not related to Travis Lane, Lanie
Help For The Missing
MissingProfiles@yahoo.com

WasBlind said:
Strangely enough, I have been getting sympathy mail and PM's on this case. Someone is spreading a rumor I am the sister of Travis Lane.

Let me assure you, I am not a relative of this family.

By the grace of God, my family are all alive and well at home in Texas.

Your kind letters and PM's make me smile and also somewhat sad, as whoever would start such a rumor is the one who needs our attention now.

If someone knows how this rumor got started, please notify me, as I am incredibly curious now.

Not related to Travis Lane, Lanie
Help For The Missing
MissingProfiles@yahoo.com

Lanie,
Go over to the CTV board and read my thread over there. I think someone misread one of your posts and thought you were the sister. She did post again saying she might have misread and trying to clear things up. It was an honest mistake, the poster is well known and reliable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back