What Led Them to Karr???

poco

Reaction score
Does anyone know what led them to Karr????

The Ramseys themselves as far as I can tell.
He was emailing PR...or Tracey....or both?

poco said:
Does anyone know what led them to Karr????

not sure...it's not clear if the Ramsey's knew this guy, & the guy had no comment regarding any involvement w/the Ramsey's.....i guess we're to assume that he was emailing people..LE?? & maybe that's what led them to him......

i DID hear a reporter in Thailand, say last night, that Karr was arrested there for immigration reasons...visa had expired or something to that affect...so he was NOT arrested there on sex charges, like we had heard early on....the Thai officials worked w/the US in getting him ....

Grrr....drives me crazy that the news outlets are reporting all this unsubstantiated info as "fact".

I heard (radio news this morning) the Ramsey's brought him up first, very early on....then this Karr guy was writing the professor in CO that did a documentary on the intruder theory, the professor alerted to the police to the correspondence saying this guy was obsessed with Jon Benets murder.

christine2448 said:
I heard (radio news this morning) the Ramsey's brought him up first, very early on....then this Karr guy was writing the professor in CO that did a documentary on the intruder theory, the professor alerted to the police to the correspondence saying this guy was obsessed with Jon Benets murder.

How could the Ramsey's brought him up first - early on - I thought John Ramsey said last evening he didn't believe he knew this fellow. This is getting all to confusing......

I guess we will have to wait for the book!

poco said:
How could the Ramsey's brought him up first - early on - I thought John Ramsey said last evening he didn't believe he knew this fellow. This is getting all to confusing......

I guess we will have to wait for the book!
I don't know Poco, just reporting what I heard on the news...this is all so very odd, the whole thing.

christine2448 said:
I don't know Poco, just reporting what I heard on the news...this is all so very odd, the whole thing.

No kidding --- lol - we need a FACT thread - so far all I have heard is speculation.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

poco said:
No kidding --- lol - we need a FACT thread - so far all I have heard is speculation.

Yep...why don't ya start one? I couldn't even get on here last night, and now, there is so many new threads, so many ideas, theories, some facts, I'm all confused this morning :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

poco said:

lol, i agree....so far i don't think we've heard a lot of FACT yet...

christine2448 said:
Yep...why don't ya start one? I couldn't even get on here last night, and now, there is so many new threads, so many ideas, theories, some facts, I'm all confused this morning :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

AND the longer I stay on here, the more confused I get (and that isn't hard to do) ---- guess I'll get off for awhile and maybe wait for the press conference.....

christine2448 said:

you're not alone christine, lol....

It's hard to know facts. The media is reporting so much unsubstantiated stuff that it's impossible, I think.

have we heard of a time for the press conf???....i had heard there would be one yesterday/last night...was there one??...i'm assuming there's been no news conf...

Nehemiah said:
It's hard to know facts. The media is reporting so much unsubstantiated stuff that it's impossible, I think.

right, Nehemiah.....heck, first we heard that Karr had been arrested on unrelated sex charges, then right before i went to bed i heard a reporter in Thailand say that is NOT true...he was being held on immigration issues...

close_enough said:
have we heard of a time for the press conf???....i had heard there would be one yesterday/last night...was there one??...i'm assuming there's been no news conf...

Hi close-enough

I heard Noon Eastern time today

Here's the Denver paper

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_4190797

Hey, close enough and Tex Mex! :D Do you still remember me?

I couldn't believe this news when I saw it - thanks for the info about the Press Conference! I'll watch it for sure!

It's such an honor to be a member here after all this forum has been through with the Jonbenet case. I knew everyone would be here and would know ten times more than the news reporters. Whether this guy turns out to be the real deal or not, we'll know it first, won't we. :clap:

ThoughtFox said:
Hey, close enough and Tex Mex! :D Do you still remember me?

I couldn't believe this news when I saw it - thanks for the info about the Press Conference! I'll watch it for sure!

It's such an honor to be a member here after all this forum has been through with the Jonbenet case. I knew everyone would be here and would know ten times more than the news reporters. Whether this guy turns out to be the real deal or not, we'll know it first, won't we. :clap:

Howdy Fox

Long time no see.

thanks TexMex!!!

& WOW, thoughtfox, i've wondered where you were, from time to time....so good to 'see' you :)

you been ok?

Tex Mex: Howdy back at you! :)

I see Poco's cat is still living the high life. :crazy:

To answer Poco's question - this is from Tex Mex's Denver news link:

Michael Tracey, a journalism professor who did documentaries about JonBenét, was contacted by Karr and the two communicated over a two-year period, University of Colorado spokesman Barrie Hartman said.

Several weeks ago, the e-mails became so disturbing to Tracey that he went to the Boulder district attorney. Authorities traced Karr to Thailand using his e-mail address, Hartman said. Tracey could not be reached for comment.

Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy's office confirmed an arrest in the Dec. 26, 1996, slaying of JonBenét after what it called "several months of a focused and complex investigation," but offered no details on the suspect.

An official with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation said that Karr, a former teacher in California, already has a criminal record of sex offenses in Southern states near his former homes in Alabama and Georgia.

But Tricia is warning people on another thread not to believe this guy Tracey because he's pointed the finger at people before. :waitasec:

Edited to add:

Hi, Close Enough! Yes, I've been fine! ;) I hope you are still enjoying the lake!

I've been hanging around on a literary forum instead of here, and just haven't followed many cases lately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back