14 year old ex-wife?

yes he had the 14 yo wife before his 16 yo old wife. he was married to her when he was 19 I think.

JBean said:
yes he had the 14 yo wife before his 16 yo old wife. he was married to her when he was 19 I think.
16 year old? I have been out too much today, what is going on with that?

michelle said:
16 year old? I have been out too much today, what is going on with that?
Lara( the ex wife in the news) was pregnant at 15 married at 16 to Karr.
he married the 13 year old girl when he was 19.

JBean said:
Lara( the ex wife in the news) was pregnant at 15 married at 16 to Karr.
he married the 13 year old girl when he was 19.
He is seriously mentally challenged.

Dan Abrams is hosting the 10 PM MSNBC slot. He just reported that Karr was married to a 12 year old!!!

This is the most bizarre twist in the Ramsey case that I could ever have imagined! :confused:

I never truly believed that either of the Ramsey parents brutalized and murdered JonBenet - but, I don't think that Boulder LE have their perpetrator in John Mark Karr either. Too bad :(

13th Juror

LOL In the rural South 20 years ago a 19 year old marrying a 13 or 14 year old wasnt all that unusual. The first one wasnt pregnant so her parents obviously gave consent. There are still 14 and 15 year olds in rural Georgia that get married

tybee204 said:
LOL In the rural South 20 years ago a 19 year old marrying a 13 or 14 year old wasnt all that unusual. The first one wasnt pregnant so her parents obviously gave consent. There are still 14 and 15 year olds in rural Georgia that get married
wow Tybee considering you just got married, you must have been a considered a really really old spinster.:p

He looks like a concentration camp survivor - how could he attract anybody??

This dude is one sick sorry azz looser.......

Marrying girls that young you know something is wrong with him. Apparently girls his own age knew better then to have anything to do with him.

He was 19 when he got married the first time and 24 the second time. I dont want anyone to think I think its alright for anyone to get married at 14 or 15 but twentysomething years ago in the rural South it wasnt abnormal . In all truthfullness alot of parents of girls probably considered him a good catch for their daughters because he was educated and employed.

Think Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis and Pricilla

Oh Lord - I don't think the age of his wives is normal at all for the South. I was living in the South 20 years ago, and that would have been thought of as extremely young to get married ~ 13??? 12??? No way. Maybe 50 years before that. My Grandma got married at 14 ~ back in 1900. :banghead:

Not one mention of these girls' parents in all this - just unreal.

At any rate - I'm totally confused now. One of the "wives" who was intimidated by this guy spoke out and said he was with them on the Christmas Eve when Jonbenet died. But one of those articles mentioned California, which is alot closer to Colorado than Alabama, so where was he really?

I'm shuddering just to think of the unknown victims out there - all those children he babysat and taught. He is the classic pedophile, who looks harmless and is "well liked," but is just waiting for parents to turn their backs on him so he can scare some child half to death.

ThoughtFox said:
Oh Lord - I don't think the age of his wives is normal at all for the South. I was living in the South 20 years ago, and that would have been thought of as extremely young to get married ~ 13??? 12??? No way. Maybe 50 years before that. My Grandma got married at 14 ~ back in 1900. :banghead:

Not one mention of these girls' parents in all this - just unreal.

At any rate - I'm totally confused now. One of the "wives" who was intimidated by this guy spoke out and said he was with them on the Christmas Eve when Jonbenet died. But one of those articles mentioned California, which is alot closer to Colorado than Alabama, so where was he really?

I'm shuddering just to think of the unknown victims out there - all those children he babysat and taught. He is the classic pedophile, who looks harmless and is "well liked," but is just waiting for parents to turn their backs on him so he can scare some child half to death.
My grandmama got married when she was only 16 but that was in 1908. lol

Unfortunately, this Karr fellow is the clasic pedophile. He's the kind of perp that all parents and grandparents fear.

ThoughtFox said:
Oh Lord - I don't think the age of his wives is normal at all for the South. I was living in the South 20 years ago, and that would have been thought of as extremely young to get married ~ 13??? 12??? No way. Maybe 50 years before that. My Grandma got married at 14 ~ back in 1900. <snip>:banghead:

Agreed. Twenty years ago was 1986. I'm from the deep south and it would have been unheard of even 30 years ago for 13- and 12-year-olds to be getting married.

I can only say that two girls in my daughters freshman year of high school got married and that was only 10 years ago. His first wife got an annulment then got married again and lived down the road from where she lived with Karr.

Cigar said:
Agreed. Twenty years ago was 1986. I'm from the deep south and it would have been unheard of even 30 years ago for 13- and 12-year-olds to be getting married.

Were you living in the rural south? There is a difference between Birmingham or Atlanta .
12 is young but alot of 13-16 year old girls were marrying. It is still not uncommon for 15 and 16 year girls to be getting married. It was and continues to be a whole different world.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back