MySpace hit by a virus

It has been filled with a virus for a long time.. called Pedophiles...

Thanks for posting this. I visit mtspace daily and now don't know whether to or not. Am I safe in thinking that my anitvirus program would detect something so it is still safe to go on the site? I do a lot of research on myspace:(

Shadow205 said:
Thanks for posting this. I visit mtspace daily and now don't know whether to or not. Am I safe in thinking that my anitvirus program would detect something so it is still safe to go on the site? I do a lot of research on myspace:(
You cannot get a virus by being on the Internet, or by being online. You can only get infected by downloading an infected file and by executing that file.

You can however pick up spyware/adware from surfing, and we all do, its unavoidable in most cases. See my posts in forum finesse on free scans and how to keep your computers running smoothly...there is one sticky and a bunch of my posts have 'fallen' to the second page. Lots of good computer info.

SHADOW:

Can you explain to me how to do a search on my space. Can you search by name, keyword, etc.?

The only thing I have found so far as a search tool is where you can search by location, age, sex, school.

Say I wanted to find all thepeople with the profile name "John Smith" can I do that?

2luvmy,
You are looking under "browse". Click on search instead. Go down to "Find a friend". From there you can search by name, display name or email. :)

Thanks Christine for the info. I have a good add ware/spy ware program that I keep running all of the time. I have still managed to pick up a spy a couple of times though. Wheww.....glad I can keep searching at myspace!

MySpace is filled with *advertiser censored* and filth.
I am not sure sure WHY a company that has so much money can't afford to have people moderate there!

I have searched for profiles of murder and kidnapped victims on myspace and have been shocked to -- while searching for the actual person -- find picture after picture of obscene, naked, raunchy filth!!

Now, anyone of any age can search profiles there. People become subject to *advertiser censored* without expecting to see it! Most sites with *advertiser censored* charge a fee to access it (I think, lol. I don't go looking for *advertiser censored*, honest!) ... and some *advertiser censored* sites even get shut down.
I see no difference with MySpace. It's a stomping ground for rapists, murderers and sick, twisted perverted people while the innocent become victims.

I lead a nationwide protest of MySpace.com.
I run online marketing for a large company nationwide and often attend conferences where these MySpace people attend and try to solicit more advertising for their site. I am one small person fighting a Goliath.
But I will continue to let other companies know nationwide why I would never subject my company's name and reputation to be a sponsor of that filth, no matter how many people within our "target market" we could reach if we did advertise there.
That place makes me sick.
:sick:

Maura,

I use it to keep up with friends from school and the like. However, I am also appalled at the filth on myspace. I was innocently browsing sites and came across several that had videos of actual sex acts.....WTH? Isn't there a button somewhere to report that..I know you can report offensive pictures but what about the website in general?

2luvmy said:
Maura,

I use it to keep p with friends from school and the like. However, I am also appalled at the filth on myspace. I was innocently browsing sites and came across several that had videos of actual sex acts.....WTH? Isn't there a buttno somewhere to reports that..I know you can report offensive pictures but what about the website in general?
It is definitely a neat place to keep up with friends, and I would LOVE to have my own myspace profile. You can do so many neat things with graphics and design there. It's a shame that the concept is ruined by so many offenders :(

There should be more ways to moderate that site. If Yahoo and AOL can do it, I'm sure MySpace could figure out a way.
Such a shame.

Well I guess that I am lucky because I am on myspace almost every day searching for sites of missing kids, murder victims, suspects, family members & friends relating to crimes. I never have the problems that you all are talking about. Yes, I have seen a couple of sites that I knew I did not want to visit but I have never been thrown into a *advertiser censored* site or something. Maybe my system filters that stuff out or something. I know that it is on there but honestly I very rarely come accross any of it while researching.

There's a button at the bottom of a profile that you can click to report inappropriate content, I think. I guess I've been lucky also. I haven't seen any of the *advertiser censored* stuff and I browse pretty regularly. Just one guy with naked women, like Playboy pictures. You couldn't see everything, tho. I just went elsewhere.

Shadow, they haven't been *advertiser censored* sites, but rather just the videos that people place on their myspace (like the youtube videos). Al ot of them have been set up to start as soon as you access the site rather that the viewer pushing play.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back