Hybrid Beast dead in Maine

Poor Thing? People were afraid of this thing, saying it was attacking animals coming in yards ect.......

It just looks like a poor little puppy dog to me. Probably dumped by someone because it wasn't so cute and then became wild. Poor doggie.

That is no dog!!!!!!!!!!!!....CREEPY! How can anyone be sure it somehow mutated from a dog? It looks like some sort of wort hog. You wouldnt feel so sorry for the animal if he attacked and killed your child.

OK. That thing is just ugly. Looks like a dog mated with a wort hog. Kinda sad to think it probably lived it's life alone with no mother or friends.

Some sort of canine mix.

Someone probably bred it and when it peed on the floor they turned it out to fend for itself....or maybe just because it didn't turn out cute enough.

When was the last time you saw any kind of evil mutant beast animal other than in a movie? sheesh!

Some people need a reality check. It may have been dangerous or viscious because it had been let run wild but that means there is most likely some person somewhere who is at fault unless this somehow happened from a wild canine of some sort giving birth to it in the first place.

Simple DNA will tell them exactly what kind of canine or canine hybrid it is. This is simply news hype to call it some sort of unidentifiable beast. It may be a never before seen cross of a fox and a dog or a coyote and a dog or simply a mutation of some common breed of canine. Just because it may be a hybrid, mutation or deformity doesn't mean it is some sort of Sci Fi Evil Mutant Demonic Creature and I can't believe people are that silly to think that way.

It was probably hungry and neglected most of the time. Looks like it had skin problems maybe and needed vet care or to be put out of it's misery rather than people thinking it was something evil.

It certainly shouldn't have been left to run wild and be a danger to pets and children...any dog that is left to go wild can become dangerous. Domestic dogs that become feral are way more dangerous than actual wild animals because they don't have enough fear of man and will approach children, pets, houses etc.

I do think it looks odd but is still some sort of domestic dog or wild canine mix.

Large dog with the mange...........poor thing

Exactly! I thought it looked like a mangy chow also.I think peoples imaginations just take off and make something into what they want it to be but it really isn't. I see it on the JonBenet threads all the time.
Amy

Sassygerl said:
Looks like a Chow mix to me.
Thank YOu, I couldn't put my finger on what it looked like, and you just nailed it. I think maybe a chow and shephard?

dottierainbow said:
Exactly! I thought it looked like a mangy chow also.I think peoples imaginations just take off and make something into what they want it to be but it really isn't. I see it on the JonBenet threads all the time.
Amy
Yeah don't we?
It's amazing what people come up with in regards to the JBR case, some of the things are so far fetched you just have to laugh.
I thought I had a vivid imagination.

I think this looks like.......a dog!
How could anyone think it was a mutant etc lol, maybe I didn't see all the pics but the ones I did, it looks very much like a dog to me.

Awww...looks like wild or dumped dog. Wouldn't surprise me if it was rabid and has some sort of skin disease/infection.

It needed to be captured since it was harming pets, etc. But I don't see anything weird about it. Looks like a neglected animal.

It was a wolf-dog hybrid. You can own those apparently, but it could have been born wild.

OMG they just left that poor thing laying there all those days to be picked clean by vultures

:mad: Even in its death that animal was neglected

BTW from the article ..... "Nobody knows for sure what it is, and theories have ranged from a hyena or dingo to a fisher or coydog, an offspring of a coyote and a wild dog."

NO WAY CLOSE to being anything like a DINGO

~aussieblue

anthrobones said:
"In the end, wildlife officials got a DNA analysis that showed the animal was a rare wolf-dog hybrid, he said."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14383883/

The tongue looks purple/black so perhaps a chow-chow mated with a wolf.
That DNA report was for another case, not this one. For some dumb reason officials refused to come and analyze these remains. :doh:

Dark Knight said:
That DNA report was for another case, not this one. For some dumb reason officials refused to come and analyze these remains. :doh:
Bummer. I really wanted to know what they found out. Like someone else said it really looked like a chow mix. It really didn't look all that strange or evil to me but if it were coming at you or your pet it probably would.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back