Major inconsistencies are raising doubt...

Tristan

Reaction score
Ever since this news broke a few days ago, my head has been swimming with
questions and theories.

I watched Nancy Grace tonight, and they asked FBI investigators, as well as many other experts, if they thought that Karr is responsible for murdering
Jonbenet, and every one of them said "No."

I am positively incensed that ANYONE is taking this guy seriously.

He is NOT Jonbenet's killer, and his so-called "confession" is a joke.

I watched him respond to reporters, and when they asked ANYTHING remotely telling, he would say, "No comment."
For example, "How do you know the Ramseys?"
Karr's answer: "No comment."

"How did you get into the basement?"
Karr: "I have no comment."

and on and on.

He said he picked her up from school....on Christmas!
He said he raped her....he didn't.
He said he was in Boulder the day of her murder....he WASN'T!

If this nutjob gets convicted of murdering Jonbenet, when clearly he did not do it, that will CEMENT my theory that the Ramseys are orchestrating a HUGE cover-up.

I am just beyond frustrated by this whole sick charade!

He didn't say he picked her up at school nor did he say that he drugged her. Those were the words of the Thai Police and they have admitted he did not say it.Suwat, the Thai official is full of carp.He "deduced" some of it and he said he was repeating something he heard in a documentary.

We still do not have confirmation of his whereabouts on Christmas.

I know. One minute I think No WAY is it him, he is a freak who wants out of the Thai prison and an attention seeker. Then I read or watch on tv other things. So it's hard to say........... I give up. DNA will be helpful:doh:

I guess we will need to wait until DNA tests are done and writing exemplars are studied, however I do NOT believe for one second that Karr is Jonbenet's murderer.

He seems like a pedophile sicko who was obsessed with Jonbenet and has
fixated on this case for years.

Even the DA is saying to reserve judgement.

While no one knows for sure, many experts feel that this is not the perp.

Tristan said:
SNIP

If this nutjob gets convicted of murdering Jonbenet, when clearly he did not do it, that will CEMENT my theory that the Ramseys are orchestrating a HUGE cover-up.

Tristan, allow me to make a prediction. If this "nutjob" clearly didn't do it, he won't be convicted. Please tell us more about your theory about how the Ramseys are managing to orchestrate a huge cover-up. What did the Ramseys have to do with the arrest of John Mark Karr??

Julia, he was not yet in a Thai prison, but being investigated by Suwat for something he did sexually inappropriate at his apt there in Bangkok. They were probably trying to make the case against him, and then he started his 1st day teaching at the International School on this last Tuesday.

I'll lay you odds 10 to 1 he will end up being JonBenet's killer. I feel it in my bones and with my intellect after all that I have read.

Scandi

I think it was Baden who was interviewed today (on CourtTV?) and said something very wise. He said that asking Karr for details about the crime scene will not impicate him since there is so much out there and that even the "secret details" could have slipped out after all these years. He said that the only way to prove that this is the guy if for Karr to provide information that ONLY the KILLER would know. In other words, where and when did he meet JB? How did he get into the house? What was he doing in Boulder? etc. These are things that even the investigators do not know. Only the Killer can provide that information at this point. If Karr tells his story and it can be verified (ie, he can be placed in Boulder/Colorado at Christmas 1996, etc) then they can take him seriously.

Obviously, if there is a DNA match then that is another way to clearly implicate Karr.

But Baden argues that Karr knowing something that investigators already know is not really enough to convict.

Tristan said:
Hi Tristan,:)
I do not believe that he is the killer.

Here is a link stating that the Thailand Lt.Gen. Suwat Tumrongsiskul (Thai Immigration)did in fact state that Karr told investigators that he had given her drugs and claimed to have picked her up from school.

Lt. Gen. Suwat Tumrongsiskul of the Thai immigration police changed some details Friday of the account he had given of what Karr told investigators. In a telephone interview Thursday with The Associated Press, Suwat quoted Karr as saying he had sexually assaulted the girl and given her drugs. He also told reporters before a news conference Thursday that Karr had claimed to have picked up JonBenet at her school.
The link;

Tristan, my own sentiments echo all of yours. Like everyone else here, I really wanted the truth regarding this case to come out. But unfortunately, I don't believe that it ever can now. But I find it incredible that there is ANY effort whatsoever being put into taking Karr seriously. The D.A. - the media - are all just marching on full steam ahead - and this in spite of the fact that so many experts are saying that this is bogus.

How I interpreted the press conference: there is NO evidence, and no case. They are still trying to make a case. And I have to say that I resented her quoting JR's words in this context - although it did serve to inform me of where her head is at. This entire Karr thing is a total sham.

Here is CNN going on about this. A little while ago I heard that he provided details known only to "a few people". Now I'm hearing details known to only the lead investigators and the medical examiner. They're making it up as they go along. Do any of you really think that there are still details that are not known to most of us?

JMO

scandi said:
Julia, he was not yet in a Thai prison, but being investigated by Suwat for something he did sexually inappropriate at his apt there in Bangkok. They were probably trying to make the case against him, and then he started his 1st day teaching at the International School on this last Tuesday.

I'll lay you odds 10 to 1 he will end up being JonBenet's killer. I feel it in my bones and with my intellect after all that I have read.

Scandi
Scandi, I don't think it is him, although there is one thing that bugs my mind and that is the use of 'John' in the RN. If this is the guy this strange passage in the RN is almost like he is speaking to himself. He is a southerner isn't he?

Also from his handwriting his Js seem pretty similar, although I have seen those Js in PR handwriting too.

Tristan said:
Ever since this news broke a few days ago, my head has been swimming with
questions and theories.

I watched Nancy Grace tonight, and they asked FBI investigators, as well as many other experts, if they thought that Karr is responsible for murdering
Jonbenet, and every one of them said "No."

I am positively incensed that ANYONE is taking this guy seriously.

He is NOT Jonbenet's killer, and his so-called "confession" is a joke.

I watched him respond to reporters, and when they asked ANYTHING remotely telling, he would say, "No comment."
For example, "How do you know the Ramseys?"
Karr's answer: "No comment."

"How did you get into the basement?"
Karr: "I have no comment."

and on and on.

I am just beyond frustrated by this whole sick charade!

Three nights ago, his former wife thought there were exonerting photos that would place him outside of Boulder on Xmas day, 1996. However, no such photos have yet been said to truly exist.

Karr is definitely different. Before I cast my final vote, I'll wait to hear what the State has for corroborating facts that support his confession. Until then, he remains presumed innocent, but I'm happy they took him off the street.

scandi said:

Scandi
Scandi, really? You are usually in with the majority vote. I always respect your thoughts so I am thrown by your post. One of the psychologists on Nancy Grace last night said that he could very well have killed JonBenet. Frankly, when you think of it, when these cases go world-wide, isn't it surprising that there aren't many more confessions with so many people having severe mental issues? Don't you think it's fishy that this happens right after Patsy Ramsey passes away? This guy is definitely a head-case. I can't believe he was ever let into a school for an interview much less got the job(s) and taught small children. He's definitely whacked enough to kill a child, and he is definitely obsessed enough with this case and that of others like Polly Klaus to be interested in being a part of it publicly. I just don't think that everything adds up. Where are these stories coming from that he said that he picked her up at school and then he didn't say it and that he drugged her but then he didn't say it? I don't have time for this. I want this baby to rest in peace and Polly Klaus too. Mark Klaus is upset that this creep had thoughts about his daughter. At any rate, if this man killed JonBenet, he will not go to prison but to a mental institution. However, if he is found out to be lying/fabricating, etc., he will most likely still end up in a mental institution. I think his days as a free man are done. He cannot be left to return to the streets. His own family doesn't believe that he did this.

Can you elaborate Scandi? I know you said that you have a gut feeling.

You know I always remember you as the great poster who drew the picture of Laci and Conner in the bay after the sonar scanner shot was revealed on television one time. You did a great job with that.

Wudge said:
Three nights ago, his former wife thought there were exonerting photos that would place him outside of Boulder on Xmas day, 1996. However, no such photos have yet been said to truly exist.

Karr is definitely different. Before I cast my final vote, I'll wait to hear what the State has for corroborating facts that support his confession. Until then, he remains presumed innocent, but I'm happy they took him off the street.
Hey Wudge,

We do have to wait, don't we? I just read your post after posting mine below yours and I'm with you . . . very happy they took him off the street and out of society before he does more harm to innocent babies.

scandi said:

Scandi
I'll go 10 to 1 he won't end up being JonBenets killer.

HappyChic727 said:
Hey Wudge,

We do have to wait, don't we? I just read your post after posting mine below yours and I'm with you . . . very happy they took him off the street and out of society before he does more harm to innocent babies.

No matter how it turns out, to me, Karr is a serious fruitcake. Maybe he will turn out to be another version of Brain David Mitchell, maybe not. But the guy should not be around kids.

scandi said:

Scandi
Scandi, here is a post by I.B. Nora:

i.b.nora said:
How John Mark Karr Was Caught

"ABC News has learned that as of three weeks ago, U.S. law enforcement officials knew they might have a new suspect in the young beauty-queen's death. But they learned his identity only about a week ago."

So much for ANY investigative work prior to his arrest. Read the whole article.

Aug. 18, 2006 — JonBenet Ramsey may be the most famous child murder victim in history. Now almost 10 years and 100 suspects later, police have made the first arrest connected with her death. How did they catch their man? The answer may lie in a 21-speed bike.

ABC News has learned that as of three weeks ago, U.S. law enforcement officials knew they might have a new suspect in the young beauty-queen's death. But they learned his identity only about a week ago.

U.S. law enforcement had been monitoring e-mails between Michael Tracey — a journalism professor at the University of Colorado at Boulder and a producer of three documentaries on the Ramsey case — and a man obsessed with JonBenet. The e-mails allegedly included poems to the dead little girl and empathized with Michael Jackson's relationships with children.

The e-mails also divulged details of Karr's life oversees — mentioning people he knew, people he's met, and his teaching jobs. Officials were getting closer, but what they needed was a name and a face.

Their e-mail suspect had never been identified. And he used a pseudonym every time.

The Secret Stakeout

U.S. law enforcement officials told ABC News that a little over a week ago Tracey sent Karr another kind of mail — a photograph delivered to a Thai post office box. Agents arranged a control delivery and were ready to spot their suspect.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=2331131

Karr is only the killer if:

1. The DNA matches.

2. Parts of the official autopsy were deliberately altered and Karr has given information to Tracey via email that only the killer would know.

3. There is hard evidence of him being in the Ramsey house on that Christmas night (ie. the palm print or hitech boot is tied to him or if he left some kind of memento at the scene).

It's hard to believe that law enforcement officials and the Boulder DA would risk their reputations publicly fingering a suspect who didn't at least match one of these criteria.

Wudge said:
No matter how it turns out, to me, Karr is a serious fruitcake. Maybe he will turn out to be another version of Brain David Mitchell, maybe not. But the guy should not be around kids.
I totally agree. No matter who killed JonBenet, it should have never happened and I can only hope in the future with more awareness of these cases on television and other media resources, that people will become more aware of the fact that there are very sick individuals walking amongst us and that you just cannot be too cautious when it comes to your kids and their safety. Of course, in the cases of Elizabeth Smart, Polly Klaus and Jessica Lunsford . . . they were taken from their bedrooms and how do you protect them from that? Do you have to have baby monitors in their rooms until they are 18? That's not a bad idea, is it? Poor Shasta and Dylan Groene were just at home with their Mom, brother and step-dad and that other sick pup was watching them from afar. I don't think that we need to be a society living in fear, just keep our children close and staying away from illegal drugs, gangs, known child molestors, etc.

Good analogy on Brian David Mitchell and this guy. So far, they have two things in common . . . mental illness and child brides. Thank God Elizabeth Smart is doing as well as she is. I have to wonder if her mother has guilt because she gave that creep access to her home and children by giving him work. I have said it before that her husband seems a little fruity so maybe she doesn't have a good sniffer when it comes to odd behavior.

They mentioned on one of the news programs, that 200 individuals had confessed to the kidnapping and murder of the Lindbergh baby, so it is quite probable that Karr could be following this known pattern.

Anyone that really gets into digging deep into a case, will eventually have enough surface knowledge, that they might fall under suspicion, at least by other posters on the forum that person is posting on. Undoubtedly, names from forums, get turned into LE by posters supicious of another poster. I'm certain that it has happened on WS and CourtTV forums.

"Don't you think it's fishy that this happens right after Patsy Ramsey passes away?"

Sure do!

"Please tell us more about your theory about how the Ramseys are managing to orchestrate a huge cover-up. What did the Ramseys have to do with the arrest of John Mark Karr??"

You mean other than the fact that their "boy" Tracey is the one who set this up? It stinks to high heaven.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back