GUILTY TX - Rayana Sloan, 5 mos, beaten to death, Arlington, June 2006

cathieq

Reaction score
If this has been posted...I couldn't find it...:eek:

ARLINGTON -- For two of her seven months, Rayana Sloan suffered in the hospital with brain damage, cuts, bruises, blindness, deafness in one ear, numerous fractures and severe weight loss...

She died Tuesday. Her father, Quincy Ray Sloan, was charged with capital murder the next day...

...On Friday, police arrested Rayana's mother on accusations that she stood by, said nothing and allowed her baby to be abused...
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/15313506.htm

You have to read the article to even begin to understand what that baby endured...The mom and dad are pictured at the link in a slideshow...The mother can cry all she wants BUT...

cathieq said:
If this has been posted...I couldn't find it...:eek:

ARLINGTON -- For two of her seven months, Rayana Sloan suffered in the hospital with brain damage, cuts, bruises, blindness, deafness in one ear, numerous fractures and severe weight loss...

She died Tuesday. Her father, Quincy Ray Sloan, was charged with capital murder the next day...

...On Friday, police arrested Rayana's mother on accusations that she stood by, said nothing and allowed her baby to be abused...
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/15313506.htm

You have to read the article to even begin to understand what that baby endured...The mom and dad are pictured at the link in a slideshow...The mother can cry all she wants BUT...
I hope they string both their asses from the rafters at the county jail. Boohoo my butt, she should rott in hell right along with him:furious:

Finally some accountability! Maybe this will send a message to other women who sit by and let this happen. Parents are suppossed to protect their children at all costs. IMO, she was no parent in the first place is she allowed this to happen...she was an egg donor:loser:

:banghead: This poor sweet baby suffered terribly in her short life.5 days old and she already had a broken arm.?I hope these scumbags suffer in prison too. I am going to hug my new granddaughter and give thanks that she is so loved and protected.

I just do not understand this.....How do these people get away without CPS breathing down their necks.

I was talking to a friend of mine here, he is a retired military Colonel...and he tells me that his 3 year old grandson came with the mother to visit. Remember we are a very rural area, grandson falls and is scratched etc....bandaids are covering scratches.

The next day the grandson chases and attacks a rooster, the rooster turns around and returns the attack. Grandpa, grandma and mother take the child to the emergency room to have the Dr. check and make sure that the child is ok. The staff immediately calls the police, and CPS. Because the child had been attacked by an animal, they made the call. My friend is way ok with this. Police and CPS arrive almost immediately and determine that there is nothing that they can do because a rooster is not an animal (?)..point is that we have Police and CPS called to hospital within minutes to access the situation before they would allow this family to leave, and we have a beautiful baby in the same state that is killed by her mother and father, why wasnt the police and CPS more aggressive with this case?

Im sorry, but when you have a 5 day old baby with a broken arm, I think that we can see the writing on the wall on where this is going.

Also where are people going to understand that if you are working 60+ hrs a week, and are unable to take care of your children, then maybe you should not be having children.

CPS, or DYFS here in Jersey, are not always as "prompt" in responding to calls. In fact, it seems something MAJOR has to happen before the even pay attention. Most of the social workers have more cases then they can handle, so their work quality suffers. I had a friend whos mother beat the junk out of him, the school called DYFS, and they said that because he was over 10 his case was low priority - they never showed up and nothing ever happened.

bykerladi said:
CPS, or DYFS here in Jersey, are not always as "prompt" in responding to calls. In fact, it seems something MAJOR has to happen before the even pay attention. Most of the social workers have more cases then they can handle, so their work quality suffers. I had a friend whos mother beat the junk out of him, the school called DYFS, and they said that because he was over 10 his case was low priority - they never showed up and nothing ever happened.
Over 10 YO isn't a priority:doh: How many cases have we read about recently where children over the age of 10 have been starved to death or beaten to death, but oh let's not forget...they aren't a freaking priority!

bakerprune64 said:
Over 10 YO isn't a priority:doh: How many cases have we read about recently where children over the age of 10 have been starved to death or beaten to death, but oh let's not forget...they aren't a freaking priority!
Hence the reason the federal government was threatening to take DYFS over, until they settled two weeks ago. I think ALL CPS systems need overhauling...

bykerladi said:
Hence the reason the federal government was threatening to take DYFS over, until they settled two weeks ago. I think ALL CPS systems need overhauling...
Well I work within our local CPS system, and while you probably have a vaild point....I have seen children taken from homes for less then what this child endured. It's really tragic when people in a position to do something DON'T. Makes me sick, I'm glad I don't do case work myself. But trust me, as a mandated reporter, I make calls to the ER hotline and follow-up afterwards.

Great just great. Wasn't there a case here in NC a few years back where a 4 year old ran out of the house naked (she didn't like to put her clothes back on after he baths) and DSS was called and the kid was taken away for a few weeks? But a 5 day old baby has a broken arm and nothing? WTF?!?!?!? Why does DSS seem to only be able to operate in one extreme or another? When will common sense come into the picture? What am I saying.....people just don't seem to have any common sense these days how can I expect an organization made up of same 'people' to be any better? :furious:

I wish they would hire someone with firsthand experience. The differance would be remarkable. To speak for victims you have to be there. So much goes by the wayside when one doesn't have a clue.

From April 2008:

http://www.star-telegram.com/latest-news/article3822535.html

An Arlington man accused in the 2006 beating death of his 7-month-old daughter has pleaded guilty to injury to a child with a deadly weapon.

Quincy Ray Sloan, 30, originally charged with capital murder, was sentenced to life in prison Thursday... Sloan will be eligible for parole in 30 years.

According to Texas DOC, Mistie Martin was sentenced to 15 years for Injury to a Child:

http://offender.tdcj.state.tx.us/OffenderSearch/offenderDetail.action?sid=07790259

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back