Burke and Karr?

curiousk

Reaction score
I am new here and have been reading up for a couple of days and here is what I think, for what its worth.

Is there a possibility that Burke had contacted Karr through the website that he had - you knw the one where he offered to help children with their problems. The Ramseys being a prominent family through John's business and JB's pageants, it wouldn't have taken a lot for Karr to work out who Burke was. Burke could have complained about things like the attention JB got, the fact that she often slept in his bed.

Karr could have been interested in this scenario and somehow been grooming Burke as oposed to JB. It is possible that he was encouraging Burke to do inappropriate things with her, whilst getting gratification thinking about it.

He then set up the meeting with Burke in the house on Christmas Day (the perfect time when they were going to be out for him to have access). Something however went badly wrong and JB got killed at the hands of Burke and Karr.

There was no signs of an intruder as Burke left him access. Burke could have delivered the teddy bear to JB's room on behalf of Karr. I think it is perfectly reasonable that a man who had planned al tis in a calculated way would also take time to cover up calmly, but not expertly, after it had gone wrong.

The Ramseys knew about Burkes involvement and the involvement of 3rd party and that is why they have covered it up - not to protect themselves or Karr, but Burke. That is why Karr is saying it was an accident and it would take hours to explain what happened. The Ramseys felt guilty that their neglect of Burke had led to this.

I obviously don't know as much about the case as many of you and haven't thought through the details - just thinking aloud really.

As for PR wearing the same clothes the next day; I think it is reasonable that she grabbed the nearest thing and put it on when they realised what had happened.

You are not alone thinking in those lines.
I think BlueCrab would like your reasoning for example.

I think perhaps he had an interest in JB and couldn't believe his luck when he identified Burke through his website as her brother.

I think he probably got some sort of pleasure through thinking of her and Burke together and wasgroomin him via his website. He worked on this relationship and until there was a way he could be wit them together, which happened at Christmas - somehow or other it went wrong - maybe when Burke realised what was going on - I don't know that it was intended to be a kidnap.

I do know that frequently after a paedophile has done this to a child they kill them "accidentally" as a way of purging what they have done to the child - it redeems of their action in some sick way.

curiousk said:
I think perhaps he had an interest in JB and couldn't believe his luck when he identified Burke through his website as her brother.

I think he probably got some sort of pleasure through thinking of her and Burke together and wasgroomin him via his website. He worked on this relationship and until there was a way he could be wit them together, which happened at Christmas - somehow or other it went wrong - maybe when Burke realised what was going on - I don't know that it was intended to be a kidnap.

I do know that frequently after a paedophile has done this to a child they kill them "accidentally" as a way of purging what they have done to the child - it redeems of their action in some sick way.

I sure hope they can place him in CO.

I don't think that kids had the same level of access to the Internet in those days as the do now. The Internet kind of exploded in the late 90s but as I recall, my own Internet access in 1996 was dire - both in terms of transmission speeds and content. I'd be very surprised if Burke aged 9 was on the Internet much then - if at all.

curiousk said:
I am new here and have been reading up for a couple of days and here is what I think, for what its worth.

Is there a possibility that Burke had contacted Karr through the website that he had - you knw the one where he offered to help children with their problems. The Ramseys being a prominent family through John's business and JB's pageants, it wouldn't have taken a lot for Karr to work out who Burke was. Burke could have complained about things like the attention JB got, the fact that she often slept in his bed.

Karr could have been interested in this scenario and somehow been grooming Burke as oposed to JB. It is possible that he was encouraging Burke to do inappropriate things with her, whilst getting gratification thinking about it.

He then set up the meeting with Burke in the house on Christmas Day (the perfect time when they were going to be out for him to have access). Something however went badly wrong and JB got killed at the hands of Burke and Karr.

There was no signs of an intruder as Burke left him access. Burke could have delivered the teddy bear to JB's room on behalf of Karr. I think it is perfectly reasonable that a man who had planned al tis in a calculated way would also take time to cover up calmly, but not expertly, after it had gone wrong.

The Ramseys knew about Burkes involvement and the involvement of 3rd party and that is why they have covered it up - not to protect themselves or Karr, but Burke. That is why Karr is saying it was an accident and it would take hours to explain what happened. The Ramseys felt guilty that their neglect of Burke had led to this.

I obviously don't know as much about the case as many of you and haven't thought through the details - just thinking aloud really.

As for PR wearing the same clothes the next day; I think it is reasonable that she grabbed the nearest thing and put it on when they realised what had happened.
I don't think Burke knew Karr because I don't think Karr was involved in any of this, but I think there's a good chance that the Ramsey's covered up Burke's accidental murder of JBR.

Jayelles said:
I don't think that kids had the same level of access to the Internet in those days as the do now. The Internet kind of exploded in the late 90s but as I recall, my own Internet access in 1996 was dire - both in terms of transmission speeds and content. I'd be very surprised if Burke aged 9 was on the Internet much then - if at all.

i tend to agree that kids regarding the internet and also the internet itself were a lot less sophisticated in 1996 than 2006, so i agree that at 9 years of age burke would probably not have had the wherewithall to use the computer to contact a website regarding any family problems. i could of course be very wrong about this.

i personally believe JMK will be included or excluded on DNA alone, b/c this man's mental health is a tad suspect IMHO.

As others have said and i concur: internet access was very different in 1996.

i'll go as far as to say i'm not even doubtful of this suggested scenario, but dismiss it out of hand.

Jayelles said:

Jayelles,

Burke apparently knew computers inside-out by the age of nine.

This is not a direct quote from Shirley Brady (Burke's nanny when he was born and several years thereafter) but it's in writing and and told to a person who knew Shirley very well:

"Burke was extremely intelligent. At 18 months he knew how to use the computer and the mouse."

BlueCrab

Floh said:
As others have said and i concur: internet access was very different in 1996.

i'll go as far as to say i'm not even doubtful of this suggested scenario, but dismiss it out of hand.
I agree wholeheartedly. While sordid and provocative, it just doesn't ring true to me on a number of levels and doesn't reasonably fit the facts of the case.

Jayelles said:

Another thing is, is that I never heard mention of computers being taken out of the house (I'm not sure if there were, just never heard it). IF computers were taken out of the house, I'm sure they were searched and Karr would have been found long before now, IMO.

Southcitymom- you have described this as theory as sordid and provocative - the whole affair was sordid and provocative and I have read much more that could be described as sordid than this. The reality unfortunately is, that this is how paedophiles operate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back