Oil Painting of Jonbenet

Ewwwww... why would someone do that? Who would buy it?

jaeger said:
Ewwwww... why would someone do that? Who would buy it?

nd why would anyone want to pay $5,000.00 for it?

Why did the artist choose a pose from a pageant to immortalize JonBenet in oils? Why can't she just be allowed to be a little girl? I would have a lot more appreciation for this work if the artist had depicted her as a regular child from down the street and not as a child beauty pageant contestant dressed in an outfit more suitable for a Barbie doll.

I don't think it captures her angelic innocence at all, she looks awful and not like herself, IMO.

englishleigh said:
I don't think it captures her angelic innocence at all, she looks awful and not like herself, IMO.
I think it looks awful. Not a talented painter in my opinion. We'll probably see more of his/her work at a "starving artists sale" at the Holiday Inn.

Nuisanceposter said:
Why did the artist choose a pose from a pageant to immortalize JonBenet in oils? Why can't she just be allowed to be a little girl? I would have a lot more appreciation for this work if the artist had depicted her as a regular child from down the street and not as a child beauty pageant contestant dressed in an outfit more suitable for a Barbie doll.
My thoughts exactly, Nuisance. I don't like it either---the artist would probably have a much better chance of selling it if he had depicted her like she should've been.

JBR_Justice--I LOVE the photo of JonBenet in your siggy. No makeup, No fakeness....just a beautiful little girl smiling for the camera. Perfect.

Are there any pictures of JonBenet is play clothes, a pony or pigtails? I don't think I have ever saw a photo of her looking like a little girl. Did she ever get to wear Barbie shoes, clothes, etc. and the like? That's a picture I would like to see...just beautiful, 6 year old, little girl.

2luvmy said:
Are there any pictures of JonBenet is play clothes, a pony or pigtails? I don't think I have ever saw a photo of her looking like a little girl. Did she ever get to wear Barbie shoes, clothes, etc. and the like? That's a picture I would like to see...just beautiful, 6 year old, little girl.

I've seen some, but they are "family" type photos.--I remember one of her in pigtails, I think. There are some family portraits as well where she looks more like a "regular" little girl, like Christmas card-portraits.

You have to remember, the pageant portraits were expensive and something Patsy (and who knows about John, if he cared one way or the other) was proud of. So those would be the photos that were released to the press, etc.

The oil painting is just awful. What normal person would want that? It creeps me out to think of someone even thinking it would be a good thing to paint and then sell.

I vaguely remember thta long ago the was a theroy that the cord used to strangle JB looked like the trim in that painting/photo. Anyone else?

There was a theory that the cord that patsy used to *sling* her canvas's was the cord used to strangle JBR

The one which shows her "Little Miss" sash and part of her face is making a statement about what was done to JBR for most of her life, the objectification of a child into a beauty queen. It is a sensitive painting, IMO. She did wear lipstick. She did wear a sash.
The artist explains his or her work very well in the blog entry accompanying the painting's photo.

The ones in her pageant clothes are just tacky. Not demeaning or pedophilic or anything harmful, just tacky, IMO.

For those who have followed this case from the beginning, we know that there has been much worse done against JBR's name and memory. MUCH WORSE. Chat rooms full of Pedophiles- the chat rooms named " JonBenet".
Mutliated dolls, Barbies hanging from a ceiling as part of an " artist's" exhibit. Many sick and perverted things were done against this child even after she died.. It has seemed to die down, finally.

The one which shows her "Little Miss" sash and part of her face is making a statement about what was done to JBR for most of her life, the objectification of a child into a beauty queen. It is a sensitive painting, IMO. She did wear lipstick. She did wear a sash.
The artist explains his or her work very well in the blog entry accompanying the painting's photo.

The ones in her pageant clothes are just tacky. Not demeaning or pedophilic or anything harmful, just tacky, IMO.

For those who have followed this case from the beginning, we know that there has been much worse done against JBR's name and memory. MUCH WORSE. Chat rooms full of Pedophiles- the chat rooms named " JonBenet".
Mutliated dolls, Barbies hanging from a ceiling as part of an " artist's" exhibit. Many sick and perverted things were done against this child even after she died.. It has seemed to die down, finally.

OMG That is just plain SICK And Twisted Evilness :( Poor JonBenet even in death - abused :(

For God sakes almighty! (sorry Lord). But this is just plain sick. My girl is now 18 yrs old and she is what age JBR would be now. Just makes me furious at the thought of someone profitting off my own daughter. People want to make money by doing this kind of stuff? I'm sorry, they're as bad as the serial killer paintings IMO. :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back