GUILTY WI - Suzanne Weiland, 39, stabbed to death, Somerset, 20 Aug 2006

cheko1

Reaction score
Couple's reconciliation ends in 'drawn-out' brawl, death

A woman who had reunited with her boyfriend died after a fight early Sunday at their Wisconsin cabin. He remains hospitalized.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-149868329.html

Suzanne M. Weiland left her boyfriend in July, but returned to him last week. Early Sunday, she was killed in an apparent brawl that authorities said left the couple's small cabin on the Apple River in Wisconsin "trashed."

Weiland, 39, didn't go quietly. Her brother, Patrick Weiland, said a detective with the St. Croix County Sheriff's Office described the crime scene to him as "something like he's never seen ... that this was a very drawn-out, physical brawl. "The detective told me that the house was trashed," Weiland said. "I'm sure she used everything she had to fight back."

Woman killed at cabin

The Minneapolis-St. Paul Pioneer Press

BY RICK LINSK

August 20, 2006

pullquote_open.gif

We have no indication that there was anyone else on their property​

A 39-year-old Somerset, Wis., woman was found dead in her cabin Sunday morning after authorities were called to the scene by her boyfriend, who had been stabbed.

Suzanne M. Weiland had suffered 'a great deal of trauma' when she was found on the floor of the cabin, just five feet from where investigators encountered her wounded partner, said St. Croix County Sheriff Dennis Hillstead.

The injured man called emergency dispatchers at 7:20 a.m. Sunday, saying he had been stabbed and that his girlfriend was dead, Hillstead said. Sheriff's deputies arrived to find the man sitting in a chair with stab wounds to his chest and stomach.

The man was identified by the Minneapolis-based Star Tribune as Peter G. Whyte, 49, based on comments by Weiland's brother.

SEE LINK FOR STORY:

Hope I did this correct I'm not used to starting a new thread. If not I'm sorry I did it wrong.

This murder happened 2 miles from my home. St Croix county in Wis rarely ever has any murders. :doh: I drove by the scene earlier this morning & LE was still gatheriing evidence.

cheko1 said:
Hope I did this correct I'm not used to starting a new thread. If not I'm sorry I did it wrong.

This murder happened 2 miles from my home. St Croix county in Wis rarely ever has any murders. :doh: I drove by the scene earlier this morning & LE was still gatheriing evidence.

You did fine. Just be careful not to post too much of the article. There are copyright laws that we must obey. Thanks very much for giving us the info!!

Jeana (DP) said:
You did fine. Just be careful not to post too much of the article. There are copyright laws that we must obey. Thanks very much for giving us the info!!

Thanks for fixing me Jeana!!!

I thought I may of posted to much & when I tried to shorten it I delelted the entire darn article. :slap:

I wonder if they had a history of domestic violence. Unfortunately, we'll never know what really happened - only his side of the story.

cathieq said:
I wonder if they had a history of domestic violence. Unfortunately, we'll never know what really happened - only his side of the story.
Just heard from my neighbor that there is more to this story then they're letting the public know.

PD states they haven't been called there for a very long time.
Victims brother says the place was trashed & his sister put up a huge fight.

Strange thing is she even worked where I used to work. I've seen her around town before but never knew her. Some reports state she was dearly loved by everyone who knew her......I'm trying to get more scoop on him. So far to no avail.......

Her family speaks:

...Mary Weiland said, another time, she called the police in Somerset after neighbors told her Whyte had chased Sue out of their house.

"I can't even say what he did to her that time," said Mary Weiland. "It was horrible, too horrible..."

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=132633

She sounds like a wonderful woman with one major flaw - the man in her life.

Well, I am so sad to hear about her death. If only she had never gone back to him, but that's done now. On a positive note she put up a hell of a fight and stabbed the SOB.

Do we know for sure if she didn't start attacking him first?

Seems like in the past he was the instigator....see Cathieq's link a few posts back.

When LE arrived he was sitting calmly in a chair, told LE to come in, because he couldn't get up. I heard speculation today that he may of stabbed himself.

He told the beautician last month after she left him that he couldn't live without her & wouldn't. Now she is dead....

LE are still at the crime scene & no more info has been released. I sincerely hope she stabbed the SOB too.

The brother has said flat out that it was domestic abuse, and he also hinted at other fights. A domestic violence agency has admitted they had had a report on Sue. Two knives were recovered at the home, and sent for testing.
Police are still investigating, just able to talk to boyfriend yesterday, no charges filed yet.
Police believes that it was sometime before they were called, based on some of his injuries. Neighbors reported hearing the couple fighting about 2 am, but police were not called til several hours later.

Whyte has not been arrested, nor have charges been filed. Eric Johnson, St. Croix County District Attorney, said charges would be considered once he receives reports from the Sheriff's Office, which sitll is investigating.

Two knives 8 to 10 inches long - one a straight edge, the other serrated - were recovered at the scene. Besides the stab wounds in the back, chest, stomach and neck, Weiland also had a black eye and a broken nose, Hillstead said.

New Richmond News.com

Wonder how Whyte is going to explain the broken nose & black eye? Self defense isn't going to cut it with her injuries.

My initial thought when reading this was they had probably watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith a bit too much.

Suzanne Weilands brother is a producer of Dateline on ABC TV. He has stated it is a typical domestic abuse case.

Suzanne had 19 stab wounds to stomach, back, chest, & throat, a black eye, broken nose.

Peter Whyte goes to court in Ramsey county court in Mn in Sept. for an extradition hearing back to Wis.

He probably didn't call LE for a while after he murdered her because he had to figure out how to wound himself so that it would look like she did it.

I hope he doesn't get away with this. He says that he can't live without her so I expect to hear that he has committed suicide any day now....NOT. He won't kill himself. They rarely ever do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back