Oh no... Not another theory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eureka

Former Member
Reaction score
After this John Karr circus plays out and we all learn what we already know--namely, that he’s a fruitcake in serious need of psychiatric care but has no direct connection to the case-- let us return to the business of serious speculation.

An Alternative Scenario for the JonBenet
Kidnapping and Murder
Assuming the innocence of the Ramseys, please indulge me with the following possibilities:

This was not a planned event. It was spontaneous and opportunistic.

It was never motivated by pedophilia.

The writer of the ransom letter is a young Asian or Caucasian female, probably between the ages of 18 and 23.

She knows the Ramseys and has even been a guest at their house on occasion. Jonbenet knows her by name.

She is lives within eyesight of the Ramsey residence or is at least included in enough in Ramsey social circle to know a thing or two about their personal business. She may have been employed at Access Data.

She most likely was a fairly good student in high school and probably has some college experience.

She has a drug problem.

She is an underachiever.

She may have had a prior arrest for theft.

Her first name begins with the letter S.

She has a male friend whose first name begins with the letter B.

This is what may have happened:

For the sake of convenience, we’ll call our letter writer Sara and her male friend Bob.

On the night of December 26, 1996, Sara is on the phone with Bob. She is looking out the window and notices the Ramseys leaving their home. The Ramseys are actually on their way to attend a Christmas dinner at the home of their good friends, Fleet and Priscilla White. However, Sara had heard through the grapevine that the Ramseys were leaving for Michigan just after Christmas. She thinks that they are headed to the airport.

Sara mentions her observation about the Ramseys to Bob. A conversation regarding the Ramsey’s wealth ensues. John Ramsey’s $118,000 Christmas bonus is discussed. Both Bob and Sara are in need of some quick dope money. The conversation climaxes with the idea of burglarizing the Ramsey home. Bob tells Sara that he is coming over.

Sometime around 8:30 pm, Bob arrives at Sara’s house. He has brought his friend Tom along. Bob and Tom have been smoking angel dust. Perhaps, the three share some meth together.

Around 9:00 pm, the trio sneak over to the Ramsey residence intent on burglary. Sara is familiar enough with the Ramsey's home to know that they can easily break in through the side door which is almost never dead bolted. Any credit card will easily do the trick and, with gloved hands, they soon break in leaving barely a trace of forced entry.

However, just as they are making their way through the residence, the Ramseys unexpectedly arrive home. Sara panics. The Ramseys know her. How could she possibly explain? For sure, it is bad enough that she is slumming it with these two halfpipes. She does not wish to suffer the embarrassment of getting arrested with them. She quickly hurries herself and her friends down into the basement to hide.

There, in the basement, the trio wait for the Ramseys to go to bed. Hours pass. They become over familiar with the layout of the basement. Bob even attempts to escape through a basement window. He will leave a footprint of his Hi Tec boot behind.

Eventually, the Ramseys retire and three hapless burglars decide to make their escape. They ascend the basement steps eager to make their way out. At the very same time, all the Yuletide excitement has made Jonbenet sleepless. She has climbed out of bed and has quietly crept downstairs, perhaps to play with some of her new Christmas toys or get a glass of water. She may even have thought that she heard Santa Claus fumbling about and is conducting her own investigation.
But instead of Santa Claus, she bumps smack into Sara and her two trolls. Jonbenet knows Sara and will surely tell her parents what she has discovered. Sara acts quickly. She grabs hold of Jonbenet, tightly covering the mouth of the little girl before she can make a noise. She then motions to the boys as she drags Jonbenet with her back into the basement. She needs time to figure her next move.

Down in the basement, Bob and Tom are freaking. They are both on parole due to a prior burglary conviction. This mess will surely get them extended sentences, and neither of them has any intention of going back to prison. Through the foggy haze of drugs and fear, the suggestion of the unthinkable soon emerges.

This whole fiasco has already gotten Sara in deeper than any upper middle-class Boulder girl ever should. She is not prepared to involve herself in the murder of a child. She suggests that it might be better to kidnap Jonbenet.

However, psychopathic Tom is not receptive to the idea and an argument ensues between he and Bob. Sara sets to writing a ransom note hoping to promote the idea of kidnapping. She remembers the $118,000 bonus that John Ramsey had recently received and she chooses that as the ransom sum. She intuitively knows that she must write a letter that contains enough bravado to appeal the boys’ gangsta persona. The note soon turns into a long-winded letter, oversaturated with redundant threats and lines stolen from Hollywood heavies.

Meanwhile, Jonbenet is scared and sobbing. Bob and Tom are fresh out of patience between the meth and the PCP and all those hours waiting for the Ramseys to nod off. They strike Jonbenet several times while trying to keep her quiet. They even throw her across the basement floor, resulting in the abrasions which are later reported in the autopsy. Eventually, they tie a garroted cord around her neck and strangle her every time she whimpers.

Sara realizes that she must quickly wrap up her dissertation before the boys end up killing Jonbenet. She loses focus and lets down her guard enough to start referring to Mr. Ramsey as John. She foolishly signs the letter with the kind of obfuscation one would expect from such a premature criminal: “Victory S.B.T.C” (Sara, Bob, Tom Club).

Unfortunately, at some point during her torment, Jonbenet manages to let out a scream. This spooks Tom enough to smash Jonbenet over the head with whatever heavy blunt object happened to be available. The blow is vicious enough to fracture Jonbenet’s skull. It is obvious that Jonbenet is now dying or even dead. What’s done is done. These burglars turned child killers can do no worse. The important thing now is to cover their tracks as quickly as possible, then leave. Jonbenet’s body is hidden in a place where is it is least likely to be discovered. Forensic evidence is deftly cleaned up. The murder weapon is taken with them.

The trio make their way up the basement stairs. Sara places the ransom letter on the stairway. The three then escape through the side door. Sara returns home and tries to shut the whole terrible incident out of her mind. She takes a handful of Xanax and prays that someone else be held accountable for the death of Jonbenet.

End of story

Okay, I am no expert on the Ramsey case. I am sure there are many holes in my theory. However, this is about the only way I can make sense of this incident from the premise that the Ramsey’s are innocent. And, I find it difficult to believe they are guilty.

Anyway, I welcome all informative criticism.

I’ll take the first shot: I thought I read somewhere that Jonbenet had a pet Bichon Frise. From what I saw on “Shrek 2”, these little dogs can bark up a storm. If she did indeed have a dog, what was the dog doing at the time she was being abducted and murdered?

I don't think there's any way this would remain a mystery for so long if there were 3 intruders involved. They'd have sold each other down the river by now.

That's just my take on it.

Why an asian female?

Nuisanceposter said:
How did Sara know JR's bonus amount?
People talk. Word gets passed around. Sara knows the Ramseys.

How well? People usually don't discuss their exact bonus amount with friends and neighbors. The info I've seen said the amount was not public knowledge, and police didn't even find out what the amount was until they talked to Ramsey's secretary. And btw...the business was called Access Graphics.

BirdieBoo said:
I don't think there's any way this would remain a mystery for so long if there were 3 intruders involved. They'd have sold each other down the river by now.

That's just my take on it.

Why an asian female?

1.) Surely, they would have sold each other out---if they had been investigated. But such was not the case (at least, hypothetically).

2.) That's Asian or Caucasian. At the risk of sounding politically incorrect, the letter does not include the kind of ethnic vernacular typical of someone of Black or Hispanic culture. I think most forensic investigators would agree. Bear in mind, this is only a guess. Sara could be of any ethnicity.

Appreciate your effort Eureka.

JBR's dog was at the Barnhills(close neightbours) at the time. It was supposed to stay there when the R's went away on Christmas vacation.

Eureka said:
People talk. Word gets passed around. Sara knows the Ramseys.

Has she ever babysat the Ramsey kids?
Does Sara have a relative that worked at Access Data?

T Broodwater said:
From what you saw on Shrek 2??

Is that serious?

Yes. I must confess. My only experience with the breed comes from an animated movie. However, if you have more direct experience with the Bichon Frise, I would appreciate it if you could share it the rest of us.

By the way, you're not an ogre, are you?

DEPUTYDAWG said:
Has she ever babysat the Ramsey kids?
Does Sara have a relative that worked at Access Data?
I don't know. I suppose it is possible. It's all hypothetical so fill in the blanks anyway you want.

Did JB think the noise was the surprise gift mentioned by Santa, maybe a dog she really wanted. She ventured downstairs to see.

tumble said:
Appreciate your effort Eureka.

JBR's dog was at the Barnhills(close neightbours) at the time. It was supposed to stay there when the R's went away on Christmas vacation.
Thank you for the compliment and the info.

Nuisanceposter said:
How well? People usually don't discuss their exact bonus amount with friends and neighbors. The info I've seen said the amount was not public knowledge, and police didn't even find out what the amount was until they talked to Ramsey's secretary. And btw...the business was called Access Graphics.

Aha! Now we know it was the Ramsey's secretary, and not at that silly Access Data place!

Some questions:

She grabs hold of Jonbenet, tightly covering the mouth of the little girl before she can make a noise

Why doesn't this show up in the autopsy. There were no trauma to her lips or mouth.

Eventually, they tie a garroted cord around her neck and strangle her every time she whimpers.

How do fibres from PR sweater get entangled in this garrote.

Also I think you missed that the trio wanted JBR to have some duct tape on her mouth. Duct tape they should have brought with them as it was not from the house.

Eureka said:
Unfortunately, at some point during her torment, Jonbenet manages to let out a scream. This spooks Tom enough to smash Jonbenet over the head with whatever heavy blunt object happened to be available. The blow is vicious enough to fracture Jonbenet’s skull. It is obvious that Jonbenet is now dying or even dead. What’s done is done. These burglars turned child killers can do no worse. The important thing now is to cover their tracks as quickly as possible, then leave. Jonbenet’s body is hidden in a place where is it is least likely to be discovered. Forensic evidence is deftly cleaned up. The murder weapon is taken with them.

The trio make their way up the basement stairs. Sara places the ransom letter on the stairway. The three then escape through the side door.

Your theory explains why JB ended up dead, but it does not explain the vaginal molestation, the size 12 panties, or the wiping down of the genitals. Did your theoretical hapless robbers decide to sexually molest the child after killing her? Why would they carry out such an elaborate staging after killing the child with a crack on the head? Why not just leave her in the basement and get out of there? And why leave the ransom note when they knew it was for nothing and could only be used as evidence against them?

tumble said:
Some questions:

She grabs hold of Jonbenet, tightly covering the mouth of the little girl before she can make a noise

Why doesn't this show up in the autopsy. There were no trauma to her lips or mouth.

Eventually, they tie a garroted cord around her neck and strangle her every time she whimpers.

How do fibres from PR sweater get entangled in this garrote.

Also I think you missed that the trio wanted JBR to have some duct tape on her mouth. Duct tape they should have brought with them as it was not from the house.
1.) I suppose evidence of such trauma would depend on just how tight she was holding her.

2.) If the cord came from the house, the fibres could have been present there all along.

3.) I can think of no reason that they would have brought duct tape with them. These were three clumsy burglars. The duct tape had to come from the Ramsey home, despite all analysis to the contrary.

Good answers, I have to disagree with you on nbr1. IMO, very unlikely that a child would not fight to try to scream when someone holding their mouth. Even infants show trauma to the lips when held quiet this way.

Some more questions:
The duct tape also showed evidence of fibres from PR's sweater on the glue side. How did these fibres get there?

Why do the R's state that it isn't their duct tape and why did the trio bring it with them when they left?

Eureka said:
I don't know. I suppose it is possible. It's all hypothetical so fill in the blanks anyway you want.
If Sara had ever babysat JBR, I think the police would have interviewed her. It seems like she is a nervous enough type that they would have noticed something during the interview that aroused their suspicion that Sara was involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88