Didn't JonBenet mention a visitor was coming?

beagledog

Reaction score
Now I may be wrong, but I thought that JonBenet had mentioned to someone that there was going to be a visitor coming to see her on Christmas. Does anyone have any information on this?

Yes, she mentioned to a friends mother that she was going to get a special visit from Santa.

beagledog said:
Now I may be wrong, but I thought that JonBenet had mentioned to someone that there was going to be a visitor coming to see her on Christmas. Does anyone have any information on this?

beagledog, i notice this is your first post. welcome to WS! i had the exact same question so i am glad your asked it.

Yes! And couldn't the intruder have been dressed as Santa and therefore JonBenet wouldn't have screamed? And couldn't a fuzzy red Santa Suit trimmed with some kind of white fur account for the red fibers and animal hair found at the scene?! Hmm.

JonBenet had a friend named Megan, and it was her mother Barbara Kostanick that overheard JB say to Megan that Santa was going to be making a secret visit after Christmas. Barbara thought JonBenet was confused, so she told JB Christmas was tonight, he'll be here tonight, and JB insisted, "No, no. He said this would be after Christmas. And it's a secret." <--- JB quote from PMPT, pg 39.

Personally, I don't know what to make of this. I said all kinds of things that I wish was true when I was a child, so maybe that's all that was. Maybe not.

Nuisanceposter said:
JonBenet had a friend named Megan, and it was her mother Barbara Kostanick that overheard JB say to Megan that Santa was going to be making a secret visit after Christmas. Barbara thought JonBenet was confused, so she told JB Christmas was tonight, he'll be here tonight, and JB insisted, "No, no. He said this would be after Christmas. And it's a secret." <--- JB quote from PMPT, pg 39.

Personally, I don't know what to make of this. I said all kinds of things that I wish was true when I was a child, so maybe that's all that was. Maybe not.
I dont know what to make of that either, That comment from her always bothered me. :waitasec:

michelle said:
I dont know what to make of that either, That comment from her always bothered me. :waitasec:

I think it was partly JB's comment about Santa paying her a special visit that led some people to suspect the Santa @ the Ramsey's party, Bill Something.

englishleigh said:
I think it was partly JB's comment about Santa paying her a special visit that led some people to suspect the Santa @ the Ramsey's party, Bill Something.
Yes I agree about that, I thought so at first as well.

could this special visitor have been dressed in regular clothes but brought the white teddy bear with the santa suit to try and prove his was either santa or a worker of santa's, then told JBR that there was another present waiting for her in the basement but told her they needed to eat a snack before going to the basement, I still think there was some sort of poison put in the pineapple and that the perp thought he had fed her enough to knock her out and when that didnt happen he killed her cause he was going to get her out of the house when she was uncouincous, if a stun gun was used it may have been so they could get the garrott around her neck.

JMHO

englishleigh said:
Bill McReynolds. I don't believe Santa Bill was the killer mainly because he had had open heart surgery just four months before Christmas and would have been too weak. McReynolds and wife and family were cleared by police.

If it was premeditated and planned, what if "Santa" somehow gave JonBenet a call (on the telephone) around Christmas time? Told her to get up and let him in the house after everyone had gone to bed maybe?

Hi Kimmer,

I've read here that she won the Santa teddy bear at a pageant in Denver. Don't know what date or why her parents said they hadn't seen it before.

It is very strange though that Karr sent a photo by email to the professor of a young boy holding a bear exactly like it.

I think I've figured out it had to be a staged photo he sent. 25 years difference in age between them, and if she won this bear it would be a brand new one, right? So he had to find a bear like this, get a little boy that looked like him and then snap a pic.

Crazy. Why in the world would he go to such lengths?

Scandi

BirdieBoo said:
If it was premeditated and planned, what if "Santa" somehow gave JonBenet a call (on the telephone) around Christmas time? Told her to get up and let him in the house after everyone had gone to bed maybe?
I do have to say I find that statement of hers to be eerie...but who knows if there was truth to it...or just child talk.
Really leaves one to wonder if it was just coincidence.

I wonder if the police checked the phone records around those times...one would think they would...but I've never heard anything of it.

The DA's office refused to give police a search warrant for phone records. Detectives were urged to build a relationship with the Rs and then request any information they wanted.

Nuisanceposter said:
The DA's office refused to give police a search warrant for phone records. Detectives were urged to build a relationship with the Rs and then request any information they wanted.
Say whaaat?

I'm guessing the phone records were never checked then? Or did the Ramsey's give the go ahead?

So where did JonBenet see a Santa before xmas. I can't see them standing inline at the local mall. Was there a xmas parade that she was in or a xmas contest that had a Santa?

I haven't seen it but some say there's a video showing the bear being presented at a pageant. Has anyone here seen it? Maybe someone's false memory? Is it true that PR said it was "shabby" and had never seen it?

"Yes! And couldn't the intruder have been dressed as Santa"

And that would also explain why no one would have noticed someone climbing into the Ramseys windows. If neighbors did see it they would just say "hey look it's Santa on his way to deliver gifts to the Ramseys"

LOL, I think some of the speculation around here get's down right silly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back