Karr and the Patricia letters

Bev

Reaction score
The more I read the more I am convinced that Karr wrote the "Patricia letters".
As you remember these so-called letters started with a posting at "Find a Grave" site when someone posted pictures of JBR's gravesite with an anonymizer e-mail. Several people sent e-mails to the addy and then corresponded with the person who posted the photos. The person who responded to the e-mails tried to get Carol McKinley and Michael Tracey interested in posting his "theory" about the murder case. It was a "huge disappointment" to him when neither would publish or make known his "theory" which was according to him, several pages in length. Whoever this was (and I think it was Karr) pretended to have been Patsy Ramsey, probably to give weight to his correspondence and theory.

It's a very long and complicated story and many details can be found at the CandyRose archive, but here are some quotes from the "PLs".

"If only I could have comforted her in her final hour. Then, there are those who firmly believe I was there with her."

In an e-mail to Tracey:
"Michael, there is so much more to tell...maybe...pedophile, young and handsome man..."

In another e-mail:
"After all, Christmas night would not allow a family man to escape long enough to do a horrible act and return in time not to be detected."

"On the contrary, once I assume that someone is close to my identity, I will launch a diversionary tactic that will dismiss any such assumption."

"Yes, my myterious [sic] friend has been to JonBenet's grave many times. He has proven his visits by describing particular physical characterics that coincided with the facts."

"Many things about my friend make me uneasy - mainly, his illusiveness; moreover, the fact that I do not know whether he is the killer or not. The fact that he loves me doesn't make me uneasy. You would have to know him to understand why I say this. After understanding his intense love for my daughter, it is natural to understand that he would love her mother."

He goes on to talk about Carol [McKinley] "Since she always voiced her lack of interest, I never pursued the issue further. I have to admit that I was relieved in one way while I was let down in another way. It would have given me a chance to have some assistance in dealing with this situation. I am, after all, totally alone in dealing with this." He goes on in other e-mails to talk about how many friends he has, what a great support his family has been and other contradictions to his statements.

There are many other quotes, such as "Patricia" claiming that the suspect "loved her daughter" and wrote poetry about her daughter and yet, killed her daughter.

Sound familiar?

I agree...the way he speaks, too...the poem he wrote for JBR, the creepy quote that is recorded that he said to Wendy H.,...the Patricia Letters SOUND like Karr. If so, does anyone think he was also in love with Patsy Ramsey??

I think he'd liked to have BEEN Patsy Ramsey.

I agree, the letters do sound like Karr could have written them.

At one point "Patricia" even calls her "mysterious friend" by another name. She calls him her "dark prince".

"Patricia" says that it is OK with her that he is in love with JonBenet and that he also tells her (Patricia) that he loves her too. Says it is only natural he would love JonBenet's mother in light of his being in love with JonBenet.

The mother of a murdered child did not write those letters IMO.

I corresponded with "Patricia" at great length and I never reallly believed it was Patsy. I thought it was another poster who lived in the Atlanta area. If it turns out to have been Karr I will be seriously creeped out.

gsquared said:
I corresponded with "Patricia" at great length and I never reallly believed it was Patsy. I thought it was another poster who lived in the Atlanta area. If it turns out to have been Karr I will be seriously creeped out.
:eek: Yikes....

gsquared said:
Gsquared, did you save this correspondence? Is it somewhere posted? I wonder if it would provide us with any additional insight?

gsquared said:
I made all of my "Patricia" letters freely available and ACandyRose put them up at her site.

http://www.acandyrose.com/patricia1999phenomenon.htm

Thanks for making your letters available gsquared. There are a lot of letters there! I am new to the Ramsey case so I spent ALL day yesterday reading them and still didn't finish. Of course I was going over them slowly so I would retain more information rather than just skimming, which I was tempted to do just because I am impatient. I plan to finish them tonight.

I went over them just now; boy, did that bring back some memories! It was very creepy at the time and it is creepy now, seven years later!

Karr was Patricia. Had to be.

I don't know if he killed JB or not, or who did. But I will be SHOCKED if he didn't write those letters. They sound exactly like the emails to Tracey.

Yeah, the letters and Karr's emails sound alike in general tone and some of the phrasing. And they both leave me feeling creeped out.

pinto said:

I don't know if he killed JB or not, or who did. But I will be SHOCKED if he didn't write those letters. They sound exactly like the emails to Tracey.
I think it is yet another sick "ironic twist", finding out today that JMK's mother's name was Patricia... I bet that is why he referred to PR as "Patricia" instead of Patsy....

Brings up Freudian questions...such as the old... "How did you feel about your mother?"

And lots of dimestore psychological speculation. If he hated his Patricia, could he have seen murdering JBR as rescuing her from "Patricia"???

Yuck...I just totally creaped myself out...:sick:

angelwngs said:
I think it is yet another sick "ironic twist" finding out today that JMK's mother's name was Patricia...

Brings up Freudian questions...such as the old... "How did you feel about your mother?"

And lots of dimestore psychological speculation. If he hated his Patricia, could he have seen murdering JBR as rescuing her from "Patricia"???

:eek::eek::eek:

Was the email addy available? Or was it an anonymizer e-mail? Karr used an anonymizer e-mail with Tracey also. Wonder if it was the same one? gsquared, have you ever thought of tipping this to LE?

:eek: :confused: :waitasec:
angelwngs said:
I think it is yet another sick "ironic twist", finding out today that JMK's mother's name was Patricia... I bet that is why he referred to PR as "Patricia" instead of Patsy....

This case is getting to "Psychological" for me.:waitasec: :eek: :confused:

...And check out her full name...

www.abcnews.go.com
"John Karr's mother, Patricia Elaine Adcock "made a big round donut [of kindling] and put him in the middle of it," said George McCrary, 76, who said he has known Karr's father, Wexford Karr, for 40 years.

"She just boxed the little baby in and tried to light it," McCrary said. John's older brother Michael "came running in just before she got the flame to the flammable material," McCrary added. "

angelwngs said:
...And check out her full name...

www.abcnews.go.com
"John Karr's mother, Patricia Elaine Adcock "made a big round donut [of kindling] and put him in the middle of it," said George McCrary, 76, who said he has known Karr's father, Wexford Karr, for 40 years.

"She just boxed the little baby in and tried to light it," McCrary said. John's older brother Michael "came running in just before she got the flame to the flammable material," McCrary added. "
Ok, that is an interesting name. Man, this woman was not wrapped tight!

pinto said:

Either that or Karr is trying to appear as the possible Patricia Letters writer. I do have to admit I thought of the PLs when I heard Karr say he loved JonBenet. I still have the feeling he was around on the forums right after JonBenet's murder, and has kept up on all of the news and evidence as it's come out over the years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back