Photographs of JonBenet in the Basement?

SleuthingSleuth

Reaction score
This is a rather odd interview excerpt between Patsy and Tom Haney. I am not sure from which interview this was taken...perhaps someone else does. I couldn't track it down.

What is interesting is how Haney avoids the beginning of Patsy's question about whether any photos were found in the basement.
What does everyone make of this whole exchange, and Haney's avoidance? Some kind of ruse tactic, or perhaps more?

21 THOMAS HANEY: Did you take some

22 photographs of JonBenet in the basement laundry

23 room?

24 PATSY RAMSEY: No.

25 TRIP DeMUTH: You had presents in

1 the basement laundry room, right?

2 PATSY RAMSEY: Right.

3 TRIP DeMUTH: So you wrapped

4 presents in the basement laundry room, right?

5 PATSY RAMSEY: Right.

6 TRIP DeMUTH: So you were down in

7 the basement laundry room pretty often?

8 PATSY RAMSEY: Depending on what

9 time of year it was, yeah, uh-hum.

10 TRIP DeMUTH: And do you remember

11 photographs being -- photographs of JonBenet

12 being in there?

13 PATSY RAMSEY: Taken of her in the

14 laundry room?

15 TRIP DeMUTH: No, no. Photographs

16 of her located in the laundry room?

17 PATSY RAMSEY: Oh, in the laundry

18 room, oh. I don't know, there was a bunch of

19 stuff, I mean wrapping stuff and everything. I

20 don't remember any photographs.

21 TRIP DeMUTH: Is there any reason

22 why there would be photographs of JonBenet

23 located in the laundry room?

24 PATSY RAMSEY: No. Were there --

25 I mean, did somebody find them there?

1 TRIP DeMUTH: If there were, would

2 that be out of place for you?

3 PATSY RAMSEY: It would seem to be

4 out of place. I kept wrapping materials and

5 sometimes I worked, wrapping station, Christmas

6 paper and --

7 TRIP DeMUTH: Would -- who else had

8 access to the laundry room, who else would go in

9 there? I know everybody would have access, but

10 who else would use it? Would the boys play in

11 there? Would John go down there?

12 PATSY RAMSEY: I mean anybody

13 could, but I mean the boys could come down and

14 go in the train room, we had the train set up.

15 In the far back in through there, you know. Not

16 in the laundry, really, area.

17 TRIP DeMUTH: Did anybody besides

18 you use that laundry room?

19 PATSY RAMSEY: Sometimes Linda

20 would wash, if we were washing comforters or

21 something, because those were big heavy-duty

22 laundry machines, she'd take the things in

23 there, rugs and things, and wash them down

24 there.

25 TRIP DeMUTH: Okay.

1 THOMAS HANEY: So you don't recall

2 taking a photo of her down there?

3 PATSY RAMSEY: (Shaking head.)

4 THOMAS HANEY: If she was doing

5 something really cutesy or something, would you

6 maybe run and get the camera, take one of her?

7 PATSY RAMSEY: Of her in the

8 laundry room?

9 THOMAS HANEY: Uh-hum.

10 PATSY RAMSEY: No.

This conversation has always had me wondering if LE found photographs of JB in the basement before she was murdered.

Are you thinking maybe this guy had been in the house before and taken photos of JBR?

I am waiting to hear if he was in Boulder, but this would be something to toss around. Personally for one of the first times in my life I am leaning towards the accused not being guilty. But I am usually wrong so I certainly want to consider all ideas.

Perhaps he ws a creep that made the pagent rounds and saw JBR there. May have found a way to be allowed into the home once before or JBR herself had met him and let him in.

It is a weird interview.

Slightly off what you are saying here but - did JBR have an official photographer?

How long had the Ramsey's lived at the house? I forget.

I just can't see where the line of questioning was going unless if in John Ramsey's haste to bring JonBenet upstairs, he missed photos of her that may have been taken of her while she was alive in the basement. Like maybe the intruder was playing with her in the basement, taking pictures, making JonBenet think this was a fun game.

Maybe LE found photos of JonBenet in the basement in the wine cellar and that is some of the information being held close. I don't know, just theorizing because I am so on the fence. One day I think it was family, the next an intruder. My legs are starting to hurt from jumping back and forth.

SallyLu said:
It is a weird interview.

Slightly off what you are saying here but - did JBR have an official photographer?

How long had the Ramsey's lived at the house? I forget.
I can only think of Randy Simons...who had his own odd events:
http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/1021simon.shtml

Concerning the photographs Haney was floating around on...have no idea where he was going with it...his words suggests they were photos of Jonbenet in the basement and they were found in the basement.
The nature of the photographs...I dunno...is really weird. If they were indicative of something connected to the Ramsey's...or something, I dunno.
But Haney did ask Patsy about it...in a dodging sort of way.

2luvmy said:
Maybe LE found photos of in the basement in the wine cellar and that is some of the information being held close.

I've been wondering that myself, like perhaps a polaroid snapshot that fell off the perp's little stack of mementos as he was leaving the scene. Perhaps it's the last photo of JB alive. That is making my skin crawl, even thinking about the possibility.

It is a very interesting line of questioning that implies two different scenarios. Pictures left in the basement of JB or pictures taken of her.

Which is it?

ETA: The two may be connected as they were taken of her down there and left behind OR it was just a few photos of JB that were just laying in the laundry room, but his line of questioning doesn't leave it at that, does it?

Shelayne...that's what I was meaning. It was like he was asking if there were ever photos of JB with the basement as the background. I could see a photo as something left behind either on purpose or mistakenly and the perp. tried to leave/clean up etc.

Yes. Perhaps Karr knows about the snapshot and what the snapshot showed. Maybe even the kind of camera and film that was used. Just thinking out loud....

That would be inside info, I would think. I just read something, though that said he knew gruesome details about her body.

I am skeptical about Karr right now, but if he has any of that info, he may have inside info from the pedo underground. He COULD be the catalyst that breaks this thing wide open.

Shelayne said:
Yes. Perhaps Karr knows about the snapshot and what the snapshot showed. Maybe even the kind of camera and film that was used. Just thinking out loud....

That would be inside info, I would think. I just read something, though that said he knew gruesome details about her body.

I am skeptical about Karr right now, but if he has any of that info, he may have inside info from the pedo underground. He COULD be the catalyst that breaks this thing wide open.

Karr's statements are strange.
"I was there when she died."
"Are you innocent?" "No."

Although we don't know his exact statements to LE, it's strange that his confession wasn't really a confession as in directly saying he killed JB.

Of course if he IS her murderer, yet claims he loves her, then his statements really aren't all that out of his realm. Pedos often believe that they love their victim, even as they are hurting them. A sexual sadist may also claim love of his victim and claim the torture and death are an accident. Kind of like, "I hadn't PLANNED for that to happen; it just turned out that way."

That being said, I am in no way convinced that he was the one that killed JB, but I think it is quite possible he does have information from the one or ones that did.

I have often wondered the same from this conversation, if some photos of JonBenet were found in the basement, and/or photos found that were taken of her in the basement.

Speaking of photos of JonBenet, I swear I hate those still shots from her pageants where she looks like a frickin' Vegas showgirl!!!! :furious:

There was some early talk of Jonbenet being hit over the head with a tripod.

Maybe they found a tripod in the laundry room.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back