Questions and Answers

dragonfly707 said:
Was time of death ever established?
Time of Death

spacer.gif

A factor to consider is the time that JonBenet died. The normal body temperature of a human is 98.6 degrees F. The body gradually cools after death and the rate of cooling is determined by the ambient temperature around the body, the victim's body size and clothing. The temperature of the body is normally taken rectally by the medical examiner as the buttocks, being the largest area of a body's mass, are the last area to retain body heat. Body heat dissipates from a deceased person at approximately 1.5 degrees per hour, but will often vary according to the temperature in the room, and age and gender of the victim. The rate of advancement of rigor mortis is another method used to determine time of death. Rigor mortis is the stiffening of the muscles caused by chemical changes in the muscle tissue after death. The onset of rigor mortis normally begins within 2 to 4 hours after death and takes between 6 to 12 hours for the entire body to be affected. Normally after 24-36 hours after death, the affects of rigor mortis have dissipated.

According to the police report, JonBenet was last seen alive at approximately 10:00 p.m. on December 25, 1996. John Ramsey, in company with Fleet White, found JonBenet dead in the basement at approximately 1:05 p.m. on December 26, 1996. When police first sighted the body, they observed that the body was affected by advanced rigor mortis. Rigor mortis is known to spread through the lesser muscled parts of the body first and gradually spreads through the body affecting the larger body parts last. John Ramsey found JonBenet at 1:05 p.m. and her body was completely set with rigor mortis, which indicates that she had died between 10:00 p.m. on December 25 and 6:00 a.m. on December 26.

The police also reported a smell of decomposition on the body. Again, the rate of decomposition depends on room temperature and the body's levels of bacteria and enzyme activity. Typically, for every ten-degree increase in room temperature, the rate of decomposition is doubled. For the odor of decomposition to have been detected by the police, JonBenet would have had to have died near the beginning of the estimated time frame. If that was the case, the perpetrator would have had ample time to commit the offense, write a ransom note and escape.

Crime Library

My Questions for today:

Can someone explain the following?

Who's footprints are in the cellar? 2 footprints were found and they did NOT match anyone's shoes in the Ramsey home.

Who's footprint was on the outer part of the window of the room by the wine cellar?

Where did the rope come from that was found on the bed in the guestroom?

Who's palm print is on the cellar door?

Who's pubic hair was found on JonBenet's blanket?

Why does everyone lean so heavily on it could not be an intruder because there were not footprints in the snow? I have watched tons of coverage of the JBR case over the last 4 days. Every report I saw showing scenes of the house that day all of the sidewalks and walk ways were clear of snow, and most of the snow was melted. Did I miss something?

ETA:All of the above evidence I mention was stated either on Wiki and crime library, or found in Patsy and Johns book.

I think I can answer #4....the palm print was Melinda Ramsey's.

Christine, the pubic hair I believe was found to be that of her older half-brother who was in college and out of state at that time. It makes sense since he had a bedroom there and it's where the blanket could have come from. As far as I know, no one has ever found the answers to your other questions.

OB

englishleigh said:
I think I can answer #4....the palm print was Melinda Ramsey's.
Hiya englishleigh, thanks. Do you have a link supporting that somewhere? Maybe it can also answer my other ?'s....?

And also thank you OB, do you have links supporting?

Just so much rumor...want to be sure these are the facts.

christine2448 said:
My Questions for today:

Can someone explain the following?

Who's footprints are in the cellar? 2 footprints were found and they did NOT match anyone's shoes in the Ramsey home.

Who's footprint was on the outer part of the window of the room by the wine cellar?

Where did the rope come from that was found on the bed in the guestroom?

Who's palm print is on the cellar door?

Who's pubic hair was found on JonBenet's blanket?

Why does everyone lean so heavily on it could not be an intruder because there were not footprints in the snow? I have watched tons of coverage of the JBR case over the last 4 days. Every report I saw showing scenes of the house that day all of the sidewalks and walk ways were clear of snow, and most of the snow was melted. Did I miss something?

ETA:All of the above evidence I mention was stated either on Wiki and crime library, or found in Patsy and Johns book.

Can't answer any of your questions christine, but I do think that it was determined not to be a public hair but was an arm hair? Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Also, I agree with you about the no footprints being a pretty lame reason for this being an 'inside job'.

cwiz24 said:
Can't answer any of your questions christine, but I do think that it was determined not to be a public hair but was an arm hair? Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Also, I agree with you about the no footprints being a pretty lame reason for this being an 'inside job'.
Thanks cwiz. I had heard that, but wasn't sure, was looking for supporting info.

I posted this on the Sexual Assault thread, but none of the WS'ers who have been following the case from the beginning have yet responded. May I please repost my question here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwngs

In reference to 'what the DA knows that we are unaware of...', your post brought up a question for me...

The link to the Smoking Gun on a thread here listed various pages of warrants including findings at JBR's crime scene. It mentioned a black light used to see if semen was present on JBR's body. The recorder of the information stated that what was present when viewing it with a black light was consistant with finding semen present, but when the same area was swabbed, no semen was found.

Was this inconsistancy in crime scene tests ever explained? Were there speculations made as to why the black light showed the presence of what is concistant with that of semen yet the swab test did not??? Is the black light test speculative and the swab test definitive...and human error was to blame?
Do any threads here discuss this?

~~~At the risk of appearing narcissistic, I am quoting myself above...

My actual question is, "Could 'he' have been performing, sexually.... in addition to the proof of sexual activity using an instrument consistant with the paintbrush? (We know there were slivers of brown material inside her consistant with the paint brush.) Could the black light have shown only trace evidence of semen contacting JBR's thighs, and swab evidence having been virtually destroyed/degraded when she was 'cleaned up' in that area? We know that the evidence shows she was 'wiped down'. ????

~~~Could this be part of the evidence that the DA knows about which JMK possibly admitted to in emails?

~~~Has black light semen evidence/swab semen inconsistancies in evidence been previously discussed or documented? If so, does anyone know where?

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me with this one!~

christine2448 said:
Thanks cwiz. I had heard that, but wasn't sure, was looking for supporting info.

Unfortunately, I don't have the original source for that. I had read it here on WS.

...that made everyone start suspecting John & Patsy to begin with in early 1997? I was a young mom back then with two very small children and though I was interested in the case, I was not able to follow it or retain information as well as I would have liked.

Was it their behavior, the fact that they lawyered up, etc?

Is it true that Patsy Ramsey was wearing the same clothes during the morning when the police arrived, that she wore to the party?
I hadn't seen this before except in a poster's comment...

blonde1 said:
Is it true that Patsy Ramsey was wearing the same clothes during the morning when the police arrived, that she wore to the party?
I hadn't seen this before except in a poster's comment...

It's true...I think she had showered but then put on the same clothes from the night before.
Weird but then it has been said she wasn't a real "clean" freak and I think she was a very weird person, anyway...if I had done something like kill my kid the night before, though, I would have burned those clothes or something but certainly not put them right back on the next day. JMO.

In fact, she said she put on her makeup and went downstairs. Of course, her first story was that she woke up and went downstairs to make coffee. Then she said she woke up, put on her makeup and went downstairs where she found the note on one of the bottom rungs of the stairs and then she claimed she woke up, put on her makeup, stopped in the laundry area to futz with some outfit of JonBenet's and then went down the stairs and found the note.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back