TX TX - Marisol Hernandez, 32, San Antonio, 16 Jan 2004

Can't link.....
xxxxxoo
mama

Daughter's plight takes toll on mother
By Mary Moreno
San Antonio Express-News
Web Posted : 01/24/2004 12:00 AM
Every thought that comes to Rocio Hernandez about what might have happened to her missing daughter is quickly dismissed.

All options are too painful.

(Billy Calzada/Express-News)

Rocio Hernandez has been waiting for word of her daughter, Marisol 'Mari' Hernandez, who has been missing for more than a week. Her mother last saw her at their West Side home.

The notion that someone could have killed Marisol "Mari" Hernandez or is holding her captive can't be true, she said in Spanish, because her daughter is a good person and a good mother.

The theory that maybe she just ran off to escape her life also can't be true. Mari would never cause her three children and her mother this much heartache, Hernandez said, dabbing the corners of her eyes with a napkin.

But the ideas keep coming back as quickly as they are pushed away.

"I've had so many thoughts that I don't know what to do," she said. "Right now, every day that goes by I try to steel myself because I'm going to need it."

Hernandez last saw her 32-year-old daughter Jan. 16. It was a Friday morning.

Both women were rushing to get dressed in their West Side home. Hernandez recalled she was in the shower when Marisol walked in the bathroom to put on makeup.

"Mom, if I don't return, it's because someone killed me," Hernandez remembered Marisol telling her.

Hernandez said she was shocked by the comment.

Now it's been a week since Marisol walked out the door and didn't return. Her green Ford Mustang was found near her home Monday, but her whereabouts remain a mystery.

As described by her mom, Marisol is a beautiful woman who wears her hair long with blond highlights, her painted fingernails carefully manicured and her eyebrows in thin arches. She watches her weight carefully and, just two days before disappearing, she bought two cases of Slim Fast shakes because she thought her hips were getting heavy.

"Without exaggerating, she always looked very pretty," Hernandez said proudly.

But Marisol is more than just a pretty face, her mother added. She also is an intense worker who is quick to volunteer to cover shifts when co-workers want a day off. Marisol works at a nursing home distributing medication and loves her job.

Once she even held down two full-time jobs. Hernandez said Marisol did it because she wanted to buy herself and her children the best.

"She's a young lady who spends more than she earns," her mother said.

But 21/2 years ago, Hernandez's schedule changed to a point that she was no longer able to care for Marisol's children after school. Marisol had to quit the second job. Money was tight.

"She felt that," Hernandez said. "She wasn't used to counting pennies."

But, Hernandez said, things were coming around for her daughter.

Marisol had a new boyfriend who would take her to work every day so Hernandez could keep the car and take the children to school and day care. And Marisol was to start school in February to earn a nursing degree, which would allow her to earn more money.

"And all of our plans are coming apart," Hernandez said.

She said she doesn't know how much longer she can endure the uncertainty. She has spent her nights the past week pacing her room, wondering if Marisol is cold and hurting or if she has been abandoned on a desolate road.

Searching for comfort and answers, her family has even consulted a psychic.

"I'm trying to convince myself that she's still alive," she said. "Right now, frankly, I would even latch on to a white-hot nail just to know something about m'ija."

Here's more...
xxxxxxoooooooo
mama

Family Of Missing Woman Frustrated Over Lack Of Action
LAST UPDATE: 1/25/2004 12:39:45 PM
Posted By: Dale Blasingame

Watch this story...

The family of a missing San Antonio woman is growing increasingly frustrated. They say enough isn't being done to find her.

Marisol Hernandez, 32, has been missing since Friday the 17th. A search set up to look for her on Wednesday was canceled because of miscommunication between the Heidi Search Center and the San Antonio Police Department. The family says another search was supposed to be set up for Saturday, but the two organizations still haven't come together.

"At the moment, it's pretty much at a stand still," said Hernandez's sister, Gabby Reyes. "It's really got us real frustrated. We feel restless that we can't do much."

News 4 WOAI contacted the San Antonio Police Department, which said they never received a search request from the Heidi Search Center for this weekend. When we called the Heidi Search Center, an answering service said they aren't accepting calls about this case until Monday.

Thanks, y'all, for all the links and information. Researching this case now, and should have some more help from my partners down in Texas, soon.

Bless their hearts, the family will probably have to do some stuff on their own, I doubt the police will do everything for them. Texas has more than 70,000 missing *sigh* There is a lot someone can do from a computer.

I will be praying for Mirasol and those who search for her. I know they love and miss her, I sure hope they find her, and soon.

Blessings to all the search angels, Lanie

Wonder why the daughter made the comment to the mother about if I don't come back, someone killed me. That's strange, maybe she was doing something she knew was dangerous and didn't want her mother to know about it? Where's this new bf at?

The comment was made in regards to the ex-boyfriend, and father of her youngest child, whom she had dropped off at day care. The child is 2. Apparently he (the ex) has a split personality, and had made some threats or acted threatening towards her. It seems the media showed up at his door and interviewed him asking if he knew her whereabouts and if he had harmed her.

In this link, http://www.ksat.com/news/2800324/detail.html According to her mother, Hernandez was going to meet an ex-boyfriend at the local attorney general's office to discuss child support payments for one of their children.

In this link, http://www.ksat.com/news/2774996/detail.html
Hernandez has been missing since Friday when she was supposed to meet with her ex-boyfriend, who is the father of one of her children, at the attorney general's office to discuss child support payments.

According to a police report, before Hernandez left for the meeting, she told her mother, "If I don't come back ... it's because I'm dead."

Before the appointment, Hernandez dropped off her 2-year-old daughter at Avance Early Headstart Center at 2642 Castroville Road. Hernandez never picked up her daughter.

When KSAT 12 News asked Mark Martinez, who was supposed to meet with Hernandez that day, if he knew anything about her disappearance, he said "absolutely not, absolutely not."

Martinez said he first heard that Hernandez was missing when police knocked on his door Saturday morning to ask him some questions.

Hernandez's current boyfriend, Justin Meece, claimed that he heard Hernandez talking with Martinez about the appointment. Meece also said that Hernandez mentioned to him that Martinez exhibited a "Dr. Jekyl, Mr. Hyde behavior."

"I've heard stories before that she had told me about his other side," Meece said.

But Martinez denied that he was abusive with Hernandez during their relationship and said that the two remained friends after they broke up.

"I don't care what people say about me, I really don't," Martinez said. "I know that the truth will come out."

Another picture of Marisol can be seen here
http://heidisearchcenter.com/egypta03.html#Mari

Still awaiting word from my friends in Texas, trying to get something, but to find this family in San Antonio is like looking for a needle in a haystack. It's a town that has a large hispanic population, and many, many Hernandez in the phone book.

I will contact the LE and Heidi Search Center at some point, but since they are volunteering, I do not want to step on any toes, and have never worked with them before (SAPD or HSC).

They have no idea who I am, most likely, that is why I had some folks in Texas contact them, first, so they will expect a call from me, or Kelly.

Thanks, to all of you. xoxox, Lanie

Thank you so much, Kelly, for taking time to make this printable flyer for Marisol. As always, your work amazes me. God bless you in the search for your son, Jason, and in all you do for the missing.

Much love in Jesus, Lanie

Man claims he's getting blamed for missing mom's murder
2/18/2004 5:12 PM
By: Lisa Rantala, News 9 San Antonio

http://news9sanantonio.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=9408

Martinez says police asked about cracks in his Jeep's windshield and asked if a fight took place inside.

On Friday, he said, officials want him to take a lie detector test.

"I'm just nervous because of the people talking; that's a lot of gossip in the air," Martinez said. "People just make up their minds and start talking. Nobody knows the truth."

Martinez says he expects to pass the lie detector test.

Police did not reveal why they plan to administer the polygraph. The Bexar County District Attorney's office said, however, the results of a lie detector are not usable in court.

*Lanie's comments - If you have nothing to hide, why be nervous? No matter what anyone said, if this was my loved one, I would cooperate with LE and try and get them home. The fact she told her mother, if she did not come home she was dead to me speaks volumns. He had threatened her before, and has a violent personality. If he brought harm to Marisol, I pray for justice. Why does he mention murder? Reminds me of someone else.*

Praying for answers and soon, Lanie

For Marisol, many prayers for you and all who miss and love you.

With love and hope, Lanie

Any news on Marisol?

Prayers for answers, Lanie
Help For The Missing

KSAT

The article states...

There are currently three high-profile cases of missing females from Bexar County.

Marisol Hernandez, a mother of three, has been missing since Jan. 2004. Her Ford Mustang was discovered in a parking lot at Commerce Street and General McMullen. Her boyfriend was once considered a suspect but was later cleared by police.

In May 2004, Rosa Sandoval, 12, disappeared following an argument with her sister. Police have followed up on hundreds of leads but there is still no sign of Sandoval.

Authorities are also trying to find 21-year-old Lucero Sarabia, who failed to return home following a Thanksgiving party. Friends said a man at the party offered her a ride home, but he has never been located.

Prayers for all three families, Lanie

Are any of these women connected with the women I've heard about being taken into Mexico where they disappear? How far is San Antonio from the border?

The human remains mentioned above were of 12 year old Rosa Sandoval. Marisol is still missing.

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M1/20/20042:06:26PM'
Charley Projec: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hernandez_marisol.html

Four Years Later, Mother Still Missing
January 2008

Four years after she disappeared, there is still no sign of Marisol Hernandez.

The mother, missing since Jan. 16, 2004, left to meet her ex-boyfriend and father of her daughter and has not been seen since.

"My sister was the glue of this family that kept us together," sister Gabby Reyes said.

Reyes said that while it's tough for her family to not have any information, her sister's disappearance has been hardest on her children.

"When her birthday came around in September, her oldest was just crying, and it broke my heart," Reyes said.

Her car was found a few days after her disappearance, but there have been no other clues regarding her disappearance.

More: http://www.ksat.com/news/15059108/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back