Are YOU KIDDING ME?

He was decent looking when he was younger.

They never connected those initials to this case until now? Even with what they knew about him.

Beyond Belief said:
They never connected those initials to this case until now? Even with what they knew about him.

They had that "shall be the conqeror" thing from the yearbook, but I always thought that was a stretch at best.

Now this is the exact opposite of what she was saying yesterday. Getting a little more embellished as time goes on? JMO, of course.

Oh, and where are these letters that are signed S.B.T.C.?

calus_3 said:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/LegalCenter/story?id=2345711

The lady in the upper left was John KARR'S WIFE!?!

She is a doll!

Interesting that many of the letters to her were signed SBTC.

Cal

Pretty significant if true. These letters would have been written before 1996 I think.

"Still, Ray's parents said they discovered letters Karr wrote to their daughter that were signed "S.B.T.C." — the same initials found on a ransom note left in the Ramseys' home. "

Maybe So said:
Pretty significant if true. These letters would have been written before 1996 I think.

"Still, Ray's parents said they discovered letters Karr wrote to their daughter that were signed "S.B.T.C." — the same initials found on a ransom note left in the Ramseys' home. "
Watch the video at that site the mother says she "remembers" seeing that signature on the letters. It does not sound like they actually have the letters, and the woman feels clearly traumatized by the events of the time her daughter was with Karr.

If he wrote letters to her signed with that, then, we have think in the lines of the likes of; SWAK Sealed with a kiss

I wonder if that part TC is "take care"

Beyond Belief said:
Yeah, they 'feared for their life', 'listened to fantasies involving little girls', and saw S.B.T.C. at the bottom of his letters, but made no connection??

It sounds pretty bad, though.

She's gorgeous, all right.

It makes me sick to think of her at twelve being preyed upon by Karr.

dragonfly707 said:
Watch the video at that site the mother says she "remembers" seeing that signature on the letters. It does not sound like they actually have the letters, and the woman feels clearly traumatized by the events of the time her daughter was with Karr.

I watched the video...the parents seem like lovely people. Quintana is very soft-spoken and shy. The mother is still very upset about her daughter having been with JMK...you're right that she might not hold up on the stand and it does sound as though they no longer have the letters. That's a shame b/c it is very interesting about the SBTC thing.

With her saying he had fantasies about young girls it would not take a big stretch of the imagination, actually no stretch at all to imagine he saw JonBenet in a newspapaer article about winning a title OR he frequented the pagents for these young girls and saw her as well. Then found her again when she moved. He was computer savy and it wouldn't take much to Google JonBenet Ramsey to find other articles in Colorado papers of her winning.

i have asked this before and dont think i got a response, but what sane mother and father ALLOWS their daughter to marry at 13??

Anngelique said:
With her saying he had fantasies about young girls it would not take a big stretch of the imagination, actually no stretch at all to imagine he saw JonBenet in a newspapaer article about winning a title OR he frequented the pagents for these young girls and saw her as well. Then found her again when she moved. He was computer savy and it wouldn't take much to Google JonBenet Ramsey to find other articles in Colorado papers of her winning.
Well, about the Googling..that's now. Google was just starting up around then, right? Don't you remember having to use yahoo search? Ugh.. We have to remember that everybody and their mama is online NOW, but 10 years ago it was just being realized that online was the place to be (advertise, sell, etc.).

Ragland, I think I heard that on the morning news that they eloped without her parents permission.
Amy
ragland said:
i have asked this before and dont think i got a response, but what sane mother and father ALLOWS their daughter to marry at 13??

jc9876 said:
Well, about the Googling..that's now. Google was just starting up around then, right? Don't you remember having to use yahoo search? Ugh.. We have to remember that everybody and their mama is online NOW, but 10 years ago it was just being realized that online was the place to be (advertise, sell, etc.).
Good point. I'm so used to having Google in my life I forgot it didn't exist once. BUT he easily could have found info on the computer about her. Even 10 years ago. He's definitely intelligent.

Anngelique said:

I posted this on another thread. JonBenet won the Sunburst Pageant in Atlanta in the summer of 1996.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back