Money grubbers at it already

bakerprune64

Former Member
Reaction score
Maybe John Karr will get his "dream team" after all.

He's the 41-year-old suspect in the high-profile, JonBenet Ramsey murder case.

Larry Garrison, who's based in Los Angeles, said he's already secured the movie and book rights for the Karr family's story. Garrison said he hasn't gotten a cent -- only a promise of a percentage to come from any profit. And he said the Karr family wants the money to go to Karr's defense, and a college fund for his kids.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9722039/detail.html

I'm waiting to see if David Lane, the high profile attorney for Ward Churchill, steps up to take Karr on as a client when he lands in Colorado.

If the Karr family want the money to go to Karr's kids, I wouldn't consider them to be "money grubbers." Those kids haven't had a dad, probably no child support, and now they're tormented by their dad's actions. I say, "Go for it."

bakerprune64 said:
Maybe John Karr will get his "dream team" after all.

He's the 41-year-old suspect in the high-profile, JonBenet Ramsey murder case.

Larry Garrison, who's based in Los Angeles, said he's already secured the movie and book rights for the Karr family's story. Garrison said he hasn't gotten a cent -- only a promise of a percentage to come from any profit. And he said the Karr family wants the money to go to Karr's defense, and a college fund for his kids.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9722039/detail.html
well u really have to wonder
what they are securing the rights for if he is a kook
i wouldnt watch a movie about his life-unless he was the murderer- I wont give this wierdo a second glance if he is a fake

Trino said:
If the Karr family want the money to go to Karr's kids, I wouldn't consider them to be "money grubbers." Those kids haven't had a dad, probably no child support, and now they're tormented by their dad's actions. I say, "Go for it."

I agree. I wouldn't consider them "money grubbers" at all. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tracey jumps on this bandwagon.

Karr is a flake. If anyone is going to benefit financially from this, I hope it's his children. However, I wouldn't spend a dime on anything written about this guy. There are plenty of fruitcakes in this world...I don't need to plop down my hard-earned money to read (or watch a moive) about them.

Just thinking outloud here. The ex-wife who is securing the rights for movie, etc. She has been so insistent that he is innocent. If he is let off as a kook there wouldn't be any movie or book. Wonder what her thinking is, did she get new information or remember something to think that he is guilty now?
But to probably blow this theory you have to say her lawyer has probably talked her into this "just in case".

newtv said:
well u really have to wonder
what they are securing the rights for if he is a kook
i wouldnt watch a movie about his life-unless he was the murderer- I wont give this wierdo a second glance if he is a fake
That's the thing. Everyone whose lives are being negatively affected by this nutbar's drama queen antics are trying to go for the gusto while people are still willing to pay for it. They know tht once he's revealed to be a fraud the interest will end but the damamge/expense will remain. For example, I'm highly suspicious of the 1st wife's prents' claim they "discovered" lettters from Karr to their then-12 year old daughter signed "S.B.T.C"

MissHolmes said:
Just thinking outloud here. The ex-wife who is securing the rights for movie, etc. She has been so insistent that he is innocent. If he is let off as a kook there wouldn't be any movie or book. Wonder what her thinking is, did she get new information or remember something to think that he is guilty now?
But to probably blow this theory you have to say her lawyer has probably talked her into this "just in case".
The article says nothing about the ex-wife.

"His father and brother are hoping to get a big-name lawyer to defend Karr. So they've hired an actor-turned-author to help them find one.

Larry Garrison, who's based in Los Angeles, said he's already secured the movie and book rights for the Karr family's story. Garrison said he hasn't gotten a cent -- only a promise of a percentage to come from any profit. And he said the Karr family wants the money to go to Karr's defense, and a college fund for his kids."

They're not going to need any money. A high profile lawyer is going to take his case on for free. Just watch.

Movie rights? What's it going to be called? Deliverance II?

Yeah, I know. That wasn't nice. :slap:

lighthouselover said:
Movie rights? What's it going to be called? Deliverance II?

Yeah, I know. That wasn't nice. :slap:
Probably more along the lines of TransAmerica II ;)

InnocentBystander said:
They're not going to need any money. A high profile lawyer is going to take his case on for free. Just watch.
Who could blame him or her? It's guaranteed to be high profile, and it could be the easiest case of their career.

InnocentBystander said:
Maybe Geragos could resurrect the "brown van"? I'm surprised Gloria hasn't jumped in there already!
:D

Maybe she's thinking that if they announce she's already done the deals, she won't get harrassed as much, and she probably wants to tell her side and not always be one of the inexplicable ingredients in Karr's Lunacy Stew.

MissHolmes said:

absolut_alexis said:
Maybe she's thinking that if they announce she's already done the deals, she won't get harrassed as much, and she probably wants to tell her side and not always be one of the inexplicable ingredients in Karr's Lunacy Stew.
Is it just me? Does anyone find it odd that most of the family in Alabama, and Friends, and fist ex-wife have all talked to the media, but Lara has not uttered a word.

Since she was married to him at the time, and made one statement very early on that he was with the family that christmas, she of all people could shed the most light on what and who Karr was during the time of 1996 but no word from her.

I am just surprised that a media outlet has not been able to grab an exclusive, it would be the most watched story right now.

absolut_alexis said:
I jumped the gun on thinking it was the wife :eek:. Here is clearly states it is the brother and father of JMK.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back