Here is my John Karr did it theory. whaddya think?

Juliet10

Reaction score
Here is my theory.
I belive his inspiration for this crime began with the Polly Klaas case in 1993. There weren't that many high profile stories about men breaking in and kidnapping and killing little girls at that time. That is why they suspected the Klaas dad even though others girls were witnesses. The crime was unusual. Girls were kidnapped off the street, but not many high profile ones of this type. I believe he fantasized about kidnapping a little girl or at least breaking into a home in a brazen fashion. His wife said he began a disturbing fascination with the Klaas case. I believe he was fascinated with "the idea" of what Richard Allen Davis did. The crime he committed. Breaking into a home in a bold and brazen fashion and taking what he desired, with people right there in the home. I believe he thought, "what Davis did was so amazing, I could probably do that." Davis became a hero.

I believe he began an obsession with movies involving ransom/kidnapping plots and researching other kidnapping cases in order to live some of these fantasy ideas through without actually doing it.

I believe he was in there during the open house and came back at 5. He was in boulder for some reason, either for work, or friends/family. When he first saw jonbenet, she was perfect and he had to act. It was an opportunity he couldn't pass up. Maybe he really wanted to kidnap but couldn't (too risky so he decided against it? or he didn't have a home and vehicle to transport because he didn't live in colorado) and just wrote the ransom stuff to live out part of the fantasy. He had a lot of time to burn and it was a long wait. Maybe he just liked the idea of breaking in molesting and killing a girl, but he didn't have enough guts, like davis, to pull off the kidnapping part.

I belive he took a few things with him. Duct tape and possible a polaroid camera and possibly other things. I believe he took a cute and playful pictures of her posing in the basement. She posed for photographers many times in the past. I think Karr may have acted as photographer in the basement. She thought he was just some friend of santa or something. That is why they questioned Patsy if she ever took "cutsey photos" of her in the basement. He either left one behind on purpose or dropped it. I believe Karr may have emailed Tracy one of these pictures that is similar to the photo they have. This could be the secret information only the police have seen and know about. They tried to ask Patsy about it without really telling her about it.

I also believe they have the goods on this guy being in colorado too.

What open house? On the 23rd? There were no strangers at that party.

Wenchie, there was an open house before the Christmas party.

I personally don't think he's ever been inside the Ramsey house....at a party, or hiding under the bed.

I do think he's sick...and he was fascinated with Polly and what happened with her. I think he's fantasizing that he was involved with both...but he wasn't involved with either girl. I do think this is all in his mind...and he's having a hard time distinguishing between fact and fiction.

But I guess time will tell. Don't they have 72 hours to charge him? They have to have some evidence besides his "confession." I do think he should reconsider his choice of attorneys. Those two gals who are speaking for him are doing a terrible job.

MrsMush99 said:
Wenchie, there was an open house before the Christmas party.

Maybe "Open House" has a different definition in Colorado.

Typically, it does not mean that total strangers can just walk into your house and join the party.

"Open House" means that it's an open-ended party; informal - like, "drop in any time between x and x. Stay for a long time or a short time. No RSVP required."

I thought the Open House was to showcase the Christmas decorations? I also thought that during the Open House, the Ramsey family stayed in a hotel?

When would he have met JonBenet?

I have another theory. I think John Karr was at the end of his rope. His teaching certificate was revoked in the US, he was arrested for child *advertiser censored*, his wife divorced him and he lost his children. Along with that, he was conflicted about his own sexuality, lusted after children and obsessed over dead children. Last, he was broke. A total loser. I think he figured he had nothing left to lose.

Confessing to the murder mystery of the century could very well put money in the pockets of his family and pay for the education of his children. They are already talking about writing books and making movies. He could never accomplish this on his own. Also, it could give him the notoriety he has always craved. All of a sudden, a nobody is a somebody and his family is enriched by his insanity...

wenchie said:
Maybe "Open House" has a different definition in Colorado.

Typically, it does not mean that total strangers can just walk into your house and join the party.

"Open House" means that it's an open-ended party; informal - like, "drop in any time between x and x. Stay for a long time or a short time. No RSVP required."

it is my understanding their lavishly decorated home was on a "tour of homes", and the way that is done where i live is that tickets are sold (usually benefitting some group) and that practically anyone can buy one and then tour the home.

also, there are usually "stewards" that are to monitor the people going through the house so just this type of thing does not happen (ie someone goes off an explores the house unsupervised).

izzyB said:
it is my understanding their lavishly decorated home was on a "tour of homes", and the way that is done where i live is that tickets are sold (usually benefitting some group) and that practically anyone can buy one and then tour the home.

also, there are usually "stewards" that are to monitor the people going through the house so just this type of thing does not happen (ie someone goes off an explores the house unsupervised).

Okay. The home tours was a guided tour through the house - the family was not home at the time.

To the OP:

In spite of what the Ramseys tried to lead people to believe, there was a huge investigation.

You can be sure that anyone who came to the house tour/open house/whatever you want to call it, was thoroughly and completely investigated.

I'm from New Jersey as well - 1/2 my life there and 1/2 my life in the south - and open house in Collingswood, NJ - means the whole neighborhood is invited - and there were often people that didn't know each other.

Georgia - well life is an open house in GA - there are no strangers in the south (the south that's in the east)!

I think it a great theory Juliet. Well thought and it makes sense. As long as you keep an open mind.

T Broodwater said:
I'm from New Jersey as well - 1/2 my life there and 1/2 my life in the south - and open house in Collingswood, NJ - means the whole neighborhood is invited - and there were often people that didn't know each other.

Georgia - well life is an open house in GA - there are no strangers in the south!

I think it a great theory Juliet. Well thought and it makes sense. As long as you keep an open mind.

Don't those strangers usually come because they live in the neighborhood and want to introduce themselves to their neighbors? I've never heard of a stranger just walking into an open house, having something to eat, and then leaving.

Anyway..........howdy, neighbor: I'm about 8 miles from Collingswood.....in Voorhees.

T Broodwater said:

Georgia - well life is an open house in GA - there are no strangers in the south (the south that's in the east)!

Well, TB, I'm from Mt Ephraim, and the twenty yrs I lived there the only people who showed up at an open house was people invited by word of mouth. Down yonder here in florida, show up at an open house, they try to sell it to you. LOL

stonewall said:
Confessing to the murder mystery of the century could very well put money in the pockets of his family and pay for the education of his children. They are already talking about writing books and making movies. He could never accomplish this on his own. Also, it could give him the notoriety he has always craved. All of a sudden, a nobody is a somebody and his family is enriched by his insanity...

That's something I hadn't thought about...but it makes sense. He's told a lot of different stories (like taking his family to the party at the R's) and some of these will be able to be verified. Eventually, I think they will find that he wasn't the killer.

I really hadn't thought of it from this angle...but it could be. He'll walk on this, and then he'll sell his story. As you pointed out, there are already deals in the works.

I wouldn't know, honestly - I guess I attribute faces I don't know with the people they are talking to - you know you assume they are with the so and so's. Those things are so often a blur to me.

I guess if maybe I thought they were from Vorhees I might get suspicious..

HAHa That's a joke! Howdy back, neighbor! I read someone saying "You'se" earlier and I was wondering...

stonewall said:
I thought about the money issue also. That he'd go free and make a fortune - if he's a krank.

Juliet10 said:
Here is my theory.
I belive his inspiration for this crime began with the Polly Klaas case in 1993. There weren't that many high profile stories about men breaking in and kidnapping and killing little girls at that time. That is why they suspected the Klaas dad even though others girls were witnesses. The crime was unusual. Girls were kidnapped off the street, but not many high profile ones of this type. I believe he fantasized about kidnapping a little girl or at least breaking into a home in a brazen fashion. His wife said he began a disturbing fascination with the Klaas case. I believe he was fascinated with "the idea" of what Richard Allen Davis did. The crime he committed. Breaking into a home in a bold and brazen fashion and taking what he desired, with people right there in the home. I believe he thought, "what Davis did was so amazing, I could probably do that." Davis became a hero.

I believe he began an obsession with movies involving ransom/kidnapping plots and researching other kidnapping cases in order to live some of these fantasy ideas through without actually doing it.

I believe he was in there during the open house and came back at 5. He was in boulder for some reason, either for work, or friends/family. When he first saw jonbenet, she was perfect and he had to act. It was an opportunity he couldn't pass up. Maybe he really wanted to kidnap but couldn't (too risky so he decided against it? or he didn't have a home and vehicle to transport because he didn't live in colorado) and just wrote the ransom stuff to live out part of the fantasy. He had a lot of time to burn and it was a long wait. Maybe he just liked the idea of breaking in molesting and killing a girl, but he didn't have enough guts, like davis, to pull off the kidnapping part.

I belive he took a few things with him. Duct tape and possible a polaroid camera and possibly other things. I believe he took a cute and playful pictures of her posing in the basement. She posed for photographers many times in the past. I think Karr may have acted as photographer in the basement. She thought he was just some friend of santa or something. That is why they questioned Patsy if she ever took "cutsey photos" of her in the basement. He either left one behind on purpose or dropped it. I believe Karr may have emailed Tracy one of these pictures that is similar to the photo they have. This could be the secret information only the police have seen and know about. They tried to ask Patsy about it without really telling her about it.

Nice idea and thanks for posting it. I think Karr saw photos of JBR as he walked around at the Open House.Even though this event would have had monitors he wouls still have seen photos>i can't believe Patsy would have been 'humble' enough to put JBR's pageant photos away.Eventhough heaps of strangers would have seen them This is where he saw JBR either that way or he 'lurked' the pageant scene.Looking atgirls.EERh!:waitasec:

A for effort Juliet.
But Karr did not kill JonBenet. More than likely, a Ramsey committed this crime, as hard as that is for some to fathom.

Juliet10 said:
Here is my theory.

Very good point about the photo he may have dropped. I did read that curious questioning of Patsy about whether she photographed JBR in the laundry room. WE KNOW that they arrested him because they have some very, very incriminating things that link him to her murder. It is interesting to try and guess what they might be.

The other important issue you address is "he was there at the open house and came back at 5". Now remember there were two parties, the White's on Xmas and the Ramsey's on the 23rd. Which one did he attend? Was he at both? How did he blend in and even get to know JBR without anyone remembering him? This MUST be solved by interviewing absolutely everyone at both parties. This may take a long time (but they may not even need it...if they have a real smoking gun like a photo, or as I speculated, another practice ransom note that no one ever saw because he kept it).

In an audio of his answering a reporter in Thailand, he says the story would take hours to tell. I always remember that - whatever happened it was highly complicated and convoluted. But, apparently he does want to tell the story and we will get to hear what really happened.

As for him being in the house for the party...I got the impression that there was a list of who was there. Someone interviewed Trip Demuth and he said he didn't recall Karr's name being on the list. And you'd think John Ramsey would know this. And I'm sure Fleet White would have been at this party...and not a peep from him.

Wasn't the "open house" a tour thing...for charity? I've gone to those and you pay $20 or so and tour different houses, usually around Christmas. I also have a friend who had her house on the tour, and she was not home during this. The Junior League (who sponsored this), had members positioned throughout the house. The owners weren't there. But I am not sure the charity open house was the same year that JonBenet was murdered. It may have been...I just don't recall.

But I don't think the "open house tour" is what Karr was talking about. I thought it was the party the R's had. He said he talked to JonBenet on the stairs. She would not have been there for the charity function...at least I wouldn't think so. I've never encounterd a homeowner at one of these things.

It has been shown that JMK had a facination with Polly, but he never claimed to have kidnapped her or have murdered her. It is entirely possible that her murder did put the idea in his head. Maybe he had thought or fantazied about it before. Polly's murder then showed him the way it could be done, and with a deviation- how it could be done without getting caught.
He is sick/crazy...... he may have some mental illness or personality problems. But he shows no signs of being delusional. Pedophilia in and of itself is not considered a mental illness, but a sexual abberation. Pedophiles can tell you very clearly that society thinks they are wrong. They can tell you that it is illegal. But they want to. They are too aware to be called delusional. They don't see children as children with living problems. They are an object of attraction. They will swear they don't intend to harm children but they don't see that what they do is harming children. More or less they only see children as a target for their 'attraction'.
Karr of course is a little different. According to some hints from the first wife- he may actually be a sexual sadist who also has an attraction to children. There is also a hint of that in one of the schools he was fired from, in that he was disciplining children who had not done anything wrong. That would be in keeping with the murder he is accused of. But still not 'crazy'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back