Taking the rap for a capital crime.

Holdontoyourhat

Former Member
Reaction score
Suppose that inside information is all JK has. Presume he doesn't really match the handwriting or the DNA. Lets say they can't place him at his home, but they cant place him in Colorado either. So far it seems that nobody remembers him anywhere around Boulder in December of 1996, and maybe he himself can't prove he was even there.

Is there a conviction possible, if all he has is inside information?

Sure he could be a psycho, trying to get the attention for killing JBR, but is that the only possible reason why someone would take the rap so willingly on a capital crime?

Peter Hamilton said:
depends on the inside information
I keep wondering if there is any "inside information" that Tracey is privy to that he could have fed him.

I hope that if they proceed with this, they will also look at Tracey's computer.

Why would he take the rap indeed?--well,since hundreds of people have done the same thing this past century for many famous crimes,it'd be interesting to find out why they did also---ahhh,somebody needs to write a book about this subject--paging Ann Rule

He apparently doesn't want it to be seen as a capital crime though, since he refers to it being an accident.

If it can be proven a person was elsewhere when the crime was committed, it doesn't matter how much insider info he has, he wouldn't be convicted.

Karr in his "fantasy" feels he has a great connection with Jonbenet. He knows all about the case...I'm surprised no one's found a shrine of her that he made.

I don't think he was expecting to get pinched like this...he's been in his fantasy for years now, and as we've heard was quite happy to hint at it and talk about it at times...but now he has a chance to be known world round as the one who was with Jonbenet when she died.

But...he also wants things to be how they are in his fantasy. In his fantasy Jonbenet was not brutally murdered...no...it was an accident.
He's not going to accept the facts to intrude on his fantasy.

I so agree, Sleuthingsleuth. He is not going to be happy about reality breaking in on his fantasy.

SleuthingSleuth said:
In his fantasy Jonbenet was not brutally murdered...no...it was an accident.
Are you saying that JK's claim that it was an accident has nothing to do with his potential punishment, but rather his own denial of his own actions?

Holdontoyourhat said:
Are you saying that JK's claim that it was an accident has nothing to do with his potential punishment, but rather his own denial of his own actions?
Yeah...if Karr wants 2nd degree murder, it's not because he wants a smaller potential punishment...it's because in his fantasy her death was an accident. I don't think he will accept the fact she was actually murdered...in his mind he's not a murderer. He's simply sorry she's dead. In his mind also, molesting her in any manner was not wrong.

I imagine he will paint the headblow as an accident of some kind...and when it comes to the garrote he'll have some excuse (which I'm sure he's thought up over the years) in order to keep things intact in his fantasy.
If I were to surmise, he'll twist the garrotting into something "loving"...or that he was "helping" her in some manner.
Even if the headblow was somehow an accident in the actual facts...the garrotting was not.

I see Karr as someone who's molded and twisted case facts to fit his "loving and tragic fantasy".

I'm not so sure JK is all that lost in a fantasy world. He's apparently an effective world traveler, able to adapt and function in all these exotic places. I'm not sure he'd function at all if he was hallucinating as severely as you suggest.

Holdontoyourhat said:
I'm not so sure JK is all that lost in a fantasy world. He's apparently an effective world traveler, able to adapt and function in all these exotic places. I'm not sure he'd function at all if he was hallucinating as severely as you suggest.
Oh, his fantasy certainly is not disabling.

I don't think he's delusional in the "insanely disabled" sort of way...he's not lost in another world...but he has a very specific fantasy, and a very tinkered one too.

He had fascinations with both the Polly Klaas case and Jonbenet case. He couldn't wedge himself mentally speaking into the Klaas case...but as Jonbenet's is unsolved...there he could.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back