GUILTY VT - Linda Lambesis, 57, & Alicia Shanks, 56, shot to death, Essex, 24 Aug 2006

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
Well I just arrived home from work.We are going to be doing hospital duty once the Detectives hand him over to us.He shot himself in the head and is in fair condition at the hospital.We just had hospital duty for the Canadian woman who murdered her son this month.How he killed two women,shot three others and lived is beyond anyone.One of the woman that he murdered was in an Elementary School.Linda was a teacher in St.Albans and went to the school her daughter taught at to check on her.Linda was also a church member and volunteer.

I am sure that he will be getting Federal charges out of that one.I am sure that once he is released from the hospital,he will end up in Waterbury for evaluation,just like the mother who murdered her son.
All of this is over a break-up.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

There is video on the link.
Here is a part of the article;
A deadly and terrifying afternoon in Essex. Police say a Vermont man went on a shooting spree today -- killing two people and wounding three others, before turning the gun on himself.

The incident began around 2 P.M. Thursday. Essex Police Chief David Demag says the shooter was 26-year old Christopher Williams of Essex. And he apparently went on a rampage because his girlfriend dumped him.

The first shot was fired on Stannard Road. Police say Williams went to the home of his ex-girlfriend's mother, 57-year old Linda Lambesis, and shot and killed her.

news link

Here is more from the transcripts;

Click here for full transcripts (1-8)

1} WRAP_ENG Good evening, I'm Roger Garrity. And I'm Kristin Kelly. It began in Essex -- but the grief stretches across our region. Two are dead -- 3 injured after police say a jilted lover went on a shooting rampage. It began around 2:00 with a fatal shooting at a home on Stannard Road in Essex -- then led to the Essex Elementary School, where a teacher was shot and killed. Two more people were shot before the alleged gunman turned the gun on himself. We have team coverage tonight -- starting with Kate Duffy at the Essex Elementary School. (kate ad-libs about the scene at the school) Essex police police held a press conference tonight -- we have a lot more details now about the terror that gripped this community today.

Dark Shadows, what is your connections to the events or persons?

mysteriew said:
Dark Shadows, what is your connections to the events or persons?
Hi Mysteriew,:)
I am a Correctional Officer.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Thanks for responding. I wanted to clarify, before I put my foot in my mouth, lol. Both of those would be hard to deal with on a personal emotional basis. You doing ok?

mysteriew said:
Thanks for responding. I wanted to clarify, before I put my foot in my mouth, lol. Both of those would be hard to deal with on a personal emotional basis. You doing ok?
Hi Mysteriew,:)
I want to thank-you for your post.I really want to thank-you for asking about my well being.We have to separate the job from our personal life.While on-duty you have to put on a false bravado of sorts in order to survive in the job.We do not want to let the "other side" know our weakness.Sure we can be hard at work.But there are so many times when once we punch out on the clock that we can show ourselves our emotions.We cry in secret when we deal with a mother who killed her own son because she did not want him to "suffer through a divorce".We cry in secret when 2 innocent women are murdered and 3 others shoot because a man could not deal with a break-up.We cry when children are molested,murdered and abused.We go through so many emotions that we can not display in public and oftentimes in our own home.We often do this in the privacy of our own hearts.
Our hearts hurt,but we still have to go on with our jobs and our lives.
It means alot to me that you asked me how I am doing.Sometimes our loved ones do not even ask that.
We are still dealing with this child's murder;
news link
We had hospital duty for her before she was brought to the State Hospital.I declined the over-time duty with her.
So this innocent little child and 2 innocent women were killed and 3 wounded in the same month in our area alone.
It was all because two people could not handle a break-up or divorce......

5319520_BG1.jpg

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I've worked in hospitals and as a welfare worker, and volunteered for life squad, and there are things that you have to treat as "no big deal" at work, that leave you shaking afterwards. So yeah, I kinda understand. Part confidentiality problems, partly you don't want to "contaminate" home life, and partly you just don't know how else to deal.

Essex Shooting Rampage

Police say the shooting spree through Essex began with a break-up.

"About 12:45 A.M. we had received a phone call from Andrea Lambesis that indicated she had had a fight with her ex-boyfriend," Essex Police Chief David Demag explained at a press conference Thursday night.

Christopher Williams, 26, was allegedly on the hunt for his ex-girlfriend. He went to her house on Stannard Road-- didn't find her-- but found her mother. Linda Lambesis, 57, was shot dead. From there he went to Essex Elementary School, where Andrea worked.

"We are assuming he went there because that's where his girlfriend had gone, because she had an in-service that day," explained Acting Chittenden County State's Attorney Margaret Vincent.

More: http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=5324836&nav=menu183_2

news link with video
So just like I said in the first post,I stated that he would go to Waterbury instead of being incarcerated in a prison.That is where he went after he came to us for a couple of hours.He went to court in a restraint chair.After the arraignment,he was brought to the state hospital.But not before attempting something before he left........

Parts of article;
In court his lawyer entered pleas of not guilty to two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted first-degree murder. He was held without bail and ordered sent to the state mental for a psychiatric evaluation.

Authorities say Williams also tried to kill himself by dunking his head in a toilet and flushing it while he was at the South Burlington prison three hours before the court hearing.

Williams has a long criminal history in the Springfield, Massachusetts area -- including threats against another former girlfriend. He was also convicted of selling drugs in a school zone in Springfield.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------Burlinton Free Press link;
many articles at this link
ESSEX SHOOTINGS: Gunman kills 2 teachers, wounds others in rampage

news link

Christopher A. Williams had been ordered to undergo a mental health evaluation at the state psychiatric hospital after pleading not guilty to two counts each of first degree murder and attempted murder on Friday. A mental health counselor said he was suicidal.

But after evaluating him for admission, hospital staff determined that the facility was not the appropriate setting for him, said Paul Blake, a deputy commissioner in the Health Department in charge of mental health issues.

"We determined that he could be managed in a correctional center," Blake said Saturday.-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Another article
There are alot of hurt and angry people,so this article below is not a big surprise........here is part of the article from the above link;

Psychiatrists considered him too big of a threat to staff and patients, so Williams was brought to the Springfield prison. That's where he'll undergo a more thorough mental evaluation.
Authorities are keeping close watch on Williams because there have been death threats against him.

Here is why he shot one that survived;
Williams then returned to Johansson’s Jerico Road residence- allegedly driving Ms. Lambesis’ car- with the gun tucked in his front pants, police said. Williams told Johansson he had been smoking crack. The two argued, because Williams wanted to kill himself, but Johansson didn’t want Williams to do it on his new carpet.

Williams got angry and shot Johansson in the right hand and left side of the forehead. Johansson is also being treated at Fletcher Allen.

news link

Glade to hear your ok DS, but do take care of yourself.....:blowkiss:
Can't imagine doing your job. I'd be shocked and cry alot..

In my first post on 24aug06,I stated that I was sure that federal charges could happen.Nothing has been said about that but this article gives a hint that they are forthcoming;

news link

a school secretary, later told FBI Agent Jodi Corbet that she was leaving her office shortly before 2 p.m. and returned to get her purse. She saw Williams in the school vestibule, she said.

The Affidavit;
Affidavit

Update;
news link
MONTPELIER, Vt. -- The man accused of killing two people in Essex last month has become a discipline problem in prison and he is now being fed a special diet to try to stop him from smearing excrement in his cell, Corrections Commissioner Rob Hofmann said Friday.

The special diet is in addition to the new charges that Christopher Williams, 28, is now facing for biting three correctional officers during a confrontation earlier this month.

"He's been acting out against himself and our staff," Hofmann said.

Thank you dark_shadows not a very satisfactory ending. Did the gaurd do ok link was old.

Thank you dark_shadows not a very satisfactory ending. Did the gaurd do ok link was old.
Hello my dearest Mom3dd,:blowkiss:
Thank-you for asking about the Officer.
Williams stabbed him with a pencil and bit three Officers in the same incident. I do not know how they are doing right now, but I can tell you that it is something that they will not get over. I have been assaulted many times during my years as a Correctional Officer and you never forget. Also the worries about disease really takes a toll on your mind and your families mind while you wait very frightened for test results to come back. Thank God that I never had a disease transmitted to me all of the times that I was assaulted. The anguish is hell.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998