DNA, The other end of the labyrinth

Bronte Nut

Reaction score
As the DNA match/no-match is now the absolute center of the Karr case, I just wanted to open a new thread, as some of the critical DNA discussions were getting buried under the sheer weight of posts and threads.

It now sounds like the investigators secretly acquired enough DNA from Karr to indicate a match on the JonBenet case DNA, but I recall Tricia, way back, referring to the alleged inadequacy of the case sample.

The idea being that to have a true match, you need enough sequencing arrays - a full 13 loci - to have anything resembling a match that will be sufficiently convincing. In Tricia's reference, the case DNA only seemed to satisfy 10 of the necessary loci/markers.

This may have changed, but I am still skeptical about the prosecution's case arsenal.

Like many of you, I hope Karr did it, and if so, that they jail him for life; but if he didn't, the police/DA face ten thousand questions about how they brought the whole thing about, and why, after all the fanfare, they failed to get a conviction.

Yes, they had to go after him, but it could have been handled with far more discretion.

Bronte Nut said:
As the DNA match/no-match is now the absolute center of the Karr case, I just wanted to open a new thread, as some of the critical DNA discussions were getting buried under the sheer weight of posts and threads.

It now sounds like the investigators secretly acquired enough DNA from Karr to indicate a match on the JonBenet case DNA, but I recall Tricia, way back, referring to the alleged inadequacy of the case sample.

The idea being that to have a true match, you need enough sequencing arrays - a full 13 loci - to have anything resembling a match that will be sufficiently convincing. In Tricia's reference, the case DNA only seemed to satisfy 10 of the necessary loci/markers.

This may have changed, but I am still skeptical about the prosecution's case arsenal.

Like many of you, I hope Karr did it, and if so, that they jail him for life; but if he didn't, the police/DA face ten thousand questions about how they brought the whole thing about, and why, after all the fanfare, they failed to get a conviction.

Yes, they had to go after him, but it could have been handled with far more discretion.
Yes, i agree Bront e nut they could have handled the whole thing better.but I feel the media circus was probably the fault of the Thais.I do not understand why they held that dumb 'press' conference.why did'nt they just hold a quiet one in Boulder.
I am concerned about the DNA because if it cannot be proven to be Karr's because of it's quality then Karr will 'walk'.

I just believe Lacy did not willingly flush her career down the toilet, flying this guy over from Thailand, then from California to Boulder based on a goofy-*advertiser censored* confession & some weird emails. They must be sitting on something good.

hollyjokers said:
I just believe Lacy did not willingly flush her career down the toilet, flying this guy over from Thailand, then from California to Boulder based on a goofy-*advertiser censored* confession & some weird emails. They must be sitting on something good.
Yes, I agree. Hope you are right. The whole thing just does not make any sense but I'am hopeing that it will all be clear in time.I read that there were 800 items taken from the house as part of the investigation.
I also believe that we are ALL missing a big piece of the puzzle.
There has been so much bungling with politics comeing into play that I do not think Lacey would go- out- on -such -a limb without a good reason.
If not she will definetly be flushing her career down the toilet.

Yep, the Thais made a circus out of the whole Karr arrest, and that probably catapulted the case into the media, beyond repair. The US investigators didn't really do anything to play down the likelihood of him being the killer, so that just reinforced the public's early impressions.

I agree, it's hard to see Lacy and co. having a sketchy DNA match, since literally nothing short of a credible DNA match can nail the guy for sure. You're right, goofy emails and a theatrical confession don't amount to squat.

I just wish they'd get on with it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back