Questioning JonBenet's Hairstyle

cindysnow3

Reaction score
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Haven't seen where this has been asked or addressed here in this forum and I apologize if I've overlooked it somewhere.I have asked about this in another forum and others seem to be as stumped as I am. I was wondering if the White's, (Fleet and Pricilla) could attest as to how Jonbenet's hair was styled the night of the Christmas dinner. It just seems to me kinda odd that if my daughter fell asleep (and she has in the past several times.. she's 18 now) with her hair styled the way Jonbenet's was the night she was murdered. When they said they changed her clothes and read her a story they would have taken the hairties out of her hair to make her more comfortable. I was just thinking someone put her hair up for a reason JMO Any thoughts??

shrug.gif
[/font]

cindysnow3 said:
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Haven't seen where this has been asked or addressed here in this forum and I apologize if I've overlooked it somewhere.I have asked about this in another forum and others seem to be as stumped as I am. I was wondering if the White's, (Fleet and Pricilla) could attest as to how Jonbenet's hair was styled the night of the Christmas dinner. It just seems to me kinda odd that if my daughter fell asleep (and she has in the past several times.. she's 18 now) with her hair styled the way Jonbenet's was the night she was murdered. When they said they changed her clothes and read her a story they would have taken the hairties out of her hair to make her more comfortable. I was just thinking someone put her hair up for a reason JMO Any thoughts??

shrug.gif
[/font]

I thought I'd read somewhere she wore the top-of-the-head ponytail every night. I'll try to find something........

cindysnow3 said:

http://boards.courttv.com/images/smilies/shrug.gif
[/font]
I am 49 and my hair is all one length. I often wear it pulled back and sleep with it that way too... In the past few months I have been thinking to earlier times when women wore their hair up and always took it down at bedtime. Even with covered tie backs now I fear it is still bad for my hair to sleep with it pulled back.

You would think that since PR was so into the perfection of pagent life with JBR that she wouldn't leave her hair tied back when she slept. I don't know where I read it but I think that it was said that she wore her hair pulled back the day of her murder as well...but I am not sure... Interesting observation.

I have always been bothered by experts determining that the garrote was made as it was put on her....due to the way her hair was found twisted inside of the knots. I just can't wrap my mind around any logical crime scene that would have evidence of the garrote being made on the victim. Having long hair myself and knowing how mine gets twisted around everything I can certainly see that it could work its way into any knot when being twisted... (but then I'm not considered an expert...and they didn't ask my opinion!)

angelwngs said:
I am 49 and my hair is all one length. I often wear it pulled back and sleep with it that way too... In the past few months I have been thinking to earlier times when women wore their hair up and always took it down at bedtime. Even with covered tie backs now I fear it is still bad for my hair to sleep with it pulled back.

You would think that since PR was so into the perfection of pagent life with JBR that she wouldn't leave her hair tied back when she slept. I don't know where I read it but I think that it was said that she wore her hair pulled back the day of her murder as well...but I am not sure... Interesting observation.

I have always been bothered by experts determining that the garrote was made as it was put on her....due to the way her hair was found twisted inside of the knots. I just can't wrap my mind around any logical crime scene that would have evidence of the garrote being made on the victim. Having long hair myself and knowing how mine gets twisted around everything I can certainly see that it could work its way into any knot when being twisted... (but then I'm not considered an expert...and they didn't ask my opinion!)
I read about the two hair ties that she was wearing, and the hair ties strewn in her bedroom or bathroom. I mean I can totally imagine John Karr playing with her hair, styling it. It fits his obsession with little girls and everything about him. A lot of the odd things about the crime would probably come down to his personality (if he is the culprit). Like wrapping up her body "lovingly" and leaving her in a warm house, wrapped up as some called it like a papoose, instead of dumping it somewhere in the cold. What looks like too much care paid to the body would make sense with someone like him who says he "loved" her and claims it was an accident.

ljwf22 said:
I thought I'd read somewhere she wore the top-of-the-head ponytail every night. I'll try to find something........
Please do ..

As a child, I often wore my hair in pigtails or ponytails, and I HATED to
sleep with them in. My Mother always took them out before bed....always.

As an adult, I have long hair and I sleep with my hair in a ponytail to keep
it off my back. I use the very soft elastics....and it's loosely tied....unlike
the tight "torture" elastics of my youth. LOL

I remember back 10-14 years ago and girls did wear their hair in the double pony tail style.

I already posted this on another thread, but when I was a child I had long hair and my mother would put it in ponytails or braids at night to keep it from getting tangled and save on crying (it HURTS to comb out those overnight rats nests, I am an adult and it still hurts) and struggle in the mornings.

Hi. This is my first time posting, I've been an avid lurker for a long time and have always enjoyed being able to come here for information and very sharp thinking.

This new break in the case finally brought me out of the rafters and this post really intrigued me because I've thought about this same question. It has always bothered me to see that rendering of her hair up in the ponytail because my girls would never ever sleep in ponytails. Just tonight, my youngest, who is not quite four, came down after I had accidently forgotten to take her ponytail out to ask for me to remove it and it made me think of the whole idea again...

In one way it, almost backs up the idea that she was taken in sleeping and they didn't want to wake her - same reason I had always thought might account for why she was dressed in such weird clothing for bed - and in another way it makes me wonder if she wasn't hurt before she ever made it into bed - like as she was getting ready for bed. Either way her clothing and the ponytail seems like it may be very telling - at least about part of the story.
Thanks Cindy for bringing this up for discussion.

Hello, by the way, everyone!

Jessiebell

cindysnow3 said:

shrug.gif
[/font]

cindysnow3,

Its unlikely JonBenet would ever go outdoors with her hair styled as it was found when she was discovered in the wine-cellar.

JonBenet's body as found in the wine-cellar is the result of a staged homicide, whether by an intruder or a Ramsey.

Someone manually strangled JonBenet first, then they relocated her corpse making adjustments to what was considered to be a suitable homicide presentation.

Components to this are her head injury, redressing, sexual assault, addition of the garotte, and extensive, but functionless cord and duct-tape, including the topic of your post her asymmetric pigtails.

That her pigtails are asymmetric suggests that like her head injury JonBenet was lying on her side, or back when most of the staging was applied.

As discussed in this thread recently... http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7440JBR was found with her hair arranged in two ponytails at the back of her head, one on top of the other. At least for the top ponytail, it was held together by a plastic butterfly hair clip as shown in this autopsy photo...
http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2017&stc=1
(this photo isn't gross... just shows her hair at the top with the hair clip and part of one hand)

I think the hairstyle has more to do with getting her hair out of the way to fashion the garrot.

It would be weird to go to bed with a plastic hair ornament on.

That butterfly doesn't look like it matched her Christmas outfit. So it's hard to imagine Patsy putting it on for the party.

It looks neatly done, though, so I doubt it was the dad.

Didn't Patsy act mystified how her hair got that way? (Like she acted mystified, at first, about what she was wearing, the white bear, the rope in JA's room, the pineapple, the flashlight, etc., etc.)

When I was young I had very long thick hair and my mother would have me sleep with the pink sponge rollers in my hair, it was pure torture!!
I've always thought it strange that the hair bands were found scattered about on the floor, like someone was getting them in a rush or panic.

OB

I have had a new thought this morning and it was AFTER I watched the movies on the link below, of JonBenet. The movie called, 'Heaven Is A Place on Earth'.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/9715792/detail.html

While I watched a number of the movie tributes to JonBenet, I noted that her hair looks thick and prolific, yet the single picture of JonBenet that was supposedly taken Christmas morning 12/25/96 her hair looked thin and not curled or done. She was in some pink PJ's, so probably just rushed to the Christmas tree etc. that morning.

The thought that struck me AFTER I watched the movies was whether she MIGHT have had either hair extensions in some of the contests, OR OR perhaps she had been wearing a wig to the Whites party. IF IF she had worn a wig to Whites party, her hair might have been caught up with a rather large bunch of hair ties for the wig to cover her hair.

From that point I have not come up with any other ideas about the hair and how it may have played into the crime itself.

I was wondering if it was a wig or if they dyed JonBenet's hair blonde, because in some pictures of her, her hair looks light brown. Unless her hair naturally turned blonde the older she got.

Honibugs said:
I was wondering if it was a wig or if they dyed JonBenet's hair blonde, because in some pictures of her, her hair looks light brown. Unless her hair naturally turned blonde the older she got.
Maybe its just me...but JB looks different in a lot of her photos.....you could hardly tell it was the same child.

cindysnow3 said:

shrug.gif
[/font]

I'm sure that the Whites could attest to her hairstyle, however, they have not spoken publicly about this. There were pictures taken at their party on Christmas Night, which probably show how her hair was styled, but these have never been released for the public to view.

John recanted his story of reading to her that night. He later said that he did not read to JB, but he himself read.

I find it odd that JB wore red and black to the party, yet had blue hairties. I am appalled that Patsy would allow such a mismatch.

I just had a new thought about her hair.

IF IF IF she wore a wig to the W's party, and still had it on when the head blow was delivered, this could possibly explain why the skin was not broken and no blood on her head.

The wig could have cushioned the head blow, and then it was removed as part of the staging.

This brings another question was a wig in the list of things the Police took as evidence?

WE would need to SEE the photos from the Whites party and compare her hair to her 'Christmas' morning picture near the Christmas tree.

My thought also raises another potential question, 'Why would a mother put a child to bed wearing a wig? So perhaps JonBenet NEVER made it to bed Christmas night, OR er?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back